Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lets have a party, weve signed a c*nt on more than the majority on here earn in a year, in a week and weve pissed off West Ham in the process!!! Trophies round the corner like.

Stop bein so bloody negative! Try to look at the positive side of things for a change Karjala...

If Parker doesnt end up going to the hammers it will be canny funny. It would then appear that Allardyce just dangled Parker in front of them to steal Barton. Classy.

If true that is hilarious :)

to be honest, I wouldn't mind Parker staying and seeing what Sam can do...Ending up having a line up like this:

Butt

Parker            Barton

Owen                      Martins

Viduka

OR:

Butt

Parker            Emre

Barton

Owen      Viduka

Parker

Barton              Emre

Viduka

Would be too funny for us to F**K off West Hams Parker bid now. Swerve of the century!

Id expect Parker to be signed for them by tmrw lunchtime.

Got to say out of all the paper articles tmrw the Telegraph is my favourite although the least likely.

If we get Barton, Viduka, Ben Haim, Rozehnal, Baines and Ebondo within the next couple of weeks we will be looking a hell of a lot healthier. With the rest of the summer to touch up the rest of the squad and improve it with big money should the take over go ahead smoothly.

to be honest, I wouldn't mind Parker staying and seeing what Sam can do...Ending up having a line up like this:

Butt

Parker            Barton

Viduka

OR:

Butt

Parker            Emre

Barton

Owen      Viduka

Agree... though I wouldn't want Parker to be  captain or a 100% guaranteed starter. (Which I suppose would rule out a return)

And James Milner? Milner is our best player last season and he doesn't even figure?

I'd rather see a healthy and motivated Zoggy or Duff than Emre in a 4-3-3 [And Allardyce imay be the man to motivate both of them]

Ashley should say "yeah Freddy you can remian as chairman, no problem".

Then when Freddy turns around with a smile on his face Ashley should chuck his double weighted diamond encrusted throwing dagger in freddys back.

"See you in hell Freddy boy"

I believe the Sun when they say Barton earns £45,000 pw here.

s*** paper usually but they've been spot on with everything concerning Allardyce for a while now.

I might be wrong but I am sure Shaun Custis at The Sun is very close to Allardyce so the chances are that their future Newcastle articles are going to be more reliable.

s*** paper usually but they've been spot on with everything concerning Allardyce for a while now.

I might be wrong but I am sure Shaun Custis at The Sun is very close to Allardyce so the chances are that their future Newcastle articles are going to be more reliable.

Correct.  Custis was in the chopper with Allardyce when he signed his contract/took over as manager.

Guest TheOrder

Correct.  Custis was in the chopper with Allardyce when he signed his contract/took over as manager.

I sat with Custis and Oliver at the Cafe at St James, literally an hour before the press conference. Oliver is even more pig ugly in person.

Guest TheOrder

Are SSN still saying he will sign this morning?

Yep. Whos bothered? Its happening anyway :)

The cynic in me tells me that no transfer will be completed today, as we wont want to be overshadowed by England.

And the cynic in me says the controversial transfer will be completed today, so that it can be overshadowed by England.

I sat with Custis and Oliver at the Cafe at St James, literally an hour before the press conference. Oliver is even more pig ugly in person.

usually pass oliver every saturday in the milburn - swear down he has a dribbling/excess flem problem

Guest Shotgun Mick

Anyone got any links to Man City fan forums? Be interesting to see their reactions.

Guest Shotgun Mick

Cheers.

Journal says he has signed.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=barton-lands-on-tyneside%26method=full%26objectid=19252583%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Barton lands on TynesideJun 6 2007

By Luke Edwards, The Journal

Sam Allardyce has completed his first signing as Newcastle manager after midfielder Joey Barton passed a medical on Tyneside last night.

The Manchester City midfielder has finalised a £5.5m switch to Newcastle, paving the way for Scott Parker to complete his £8m move to West Ham as Allardyce begins the difficult process of reshaping his squad.