Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Barton will complete move in the near future hopefully - Joey Barton"

I love how Barton talks about himself in the 3rd person :lol:

So does Allardyce. Match made in heaven!

Pah, silly me. Just getting mixed up man. All these players being linked I can't keep up!

it's all good aren't you happy about Barton though?

You're not the brightest spark are you little fella? :lol:

Guest redmayne

Pah, silly me. Just getting mixed up man. All these players being linked I can't keep up!

it's all good aren't you happy about Barton though?

You're not the brightest spark are you little fella? :lol:

quality

Guest Alex20

I haven't seen much of him, what kind of a player is he ? More technically orientated, more like parker, or a mix of both ?

Guest nufc 4 life

I know everyone says its a done deal but i cant see the reason why nothing is official whats preventing him from signing contract

he has already verbally agreed to sign for us can't you be bothered to read page 40?

Guest nufc 4 life

this is were i got my quotes from they are reliable!

Barton Meets with Allardyce, Shepherd and Ashley

June 6th, 2007 · 5 Comments

News today that when Joey Barton was in Newcastle yesterday he met with Sam Allardyce at St. James Park and then went to visit Freddy Shepherd at his home in Jesmond. Both made him feel he was really wanted by the club and Joey was only too pleased to commit to Newcastle.

The other bit of potential good news is that Mike Ashley was also in town yesterday - and Joey met with Mike. Maybe that’s a sign that Shepherd and Ashley have reached some agreement - but perhaps that’s only our wishful thinking.

This is what Joey had to say about his meetings yesterday.

[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]“I have given my word to Newcastle United and that is where I hope I will be going.

“Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and that is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted.”

“I am not proud of some of the things I have done and know I have brought a lot of my problems on myself. But I want to be a winner, not only for myself, but for the fans.

“I have heard it said that footballers are all about flash cars and expensive watches, but for me, it is all about winning medals and it hurts me that I haven’t any.” [/glow] [/shadow]

We always like players who want to play for Newcastle and it certainly looks like Joey has the right attitude.If his meeting with Mike Ashley means that the Board will recommend the takeover to share-holders that is even more good news for fans.

Let’s hope that’s what it means - because if it is - we’ll win that trophy soon.

Guest TheOrder

I haven't seen much of him, what kind of a player is he ? More technically orientated, more like parker, or a mix of both ?

He's not defensive

He's not attacking

He's Parker

Have you looked at the opta stats?

Guest nufc 4 life

Ahhhhh, Barton? I thought it was Rozenhal who said that. Keep getting mixed up!!!

wow you are confusing me :lol: basically Barton has verbally agreed to sign for us, Rozenhal, Giuly nor anybody else has said this, but supposedly Viduka has 

Guest nufc 4 life

He's not defensive

He's not attacking

He's Parker

Have you looked at the opta stats?

not many people seem to have done so i thought they were good so i posted them in a new thread, but there haven't been many replies, which i was quite suprised about

So what did Ben Haim say?

Ben Haim said: "Please can you make those mongs on Newcastle Online stop calling me Haim, that is not my name!"

Course it is dumbass! Benjamin Haim!

Sorry. I thought Ben Haim had already said he was coming. :(

I thought he had??

“I have given my word to Newcastle United and that is where I hope I will be going.

“Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and that is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted.”

“I am not proud of some of the things I have done and know I have brought a lot of my problems on myself. But I want to be a winner, not only for myself, but for the fans.

“I have heard it said that footballers are all about flash cars and expensive watches, but for me, it is all about winning medals and it hurts me that I haven’t any.”

???

Guest nufc 4 life

Sorry. I thought Ben Haim had already said he was coming. :(

I thought he had??

I have given my word to Newcastle United and that is where I hope I will be going.

Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and that is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted.

I am not proud of some of the things I have done and know I have brought a lot of my problems on myself. But I want to be a winner, not only for myself, but for the fans.

I have heard it said that footballers are all about flash cars and expensive watches, but for me, it is all about winning medals and it hurts me that I havent any.

???

o ffs how many times do i ahev to say this THAT IS A QUOTE FROM JOEY BARTON why would i talk about Ben Haim in a bloody barton thread