Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He'll hopefully push Butt down the pecking order, but not likely.

I think it is likely. Hughton does not seem to rate Butt as high as many other managers we've had here. Today he had to play him as Smith was out. But once Barton returns I expect a centre midfield of him with Smith.

Guest sicko2ndbest

To get out this division I would honestly play, when all fit:

back 5

Guthrie Barton smith Jonas

Nolan

Ameobi

People need to realise, if Barton is fit he wont be seen as competition to Butt by Hughton, but as competition for Guthrie on right wing...waste of creativity man Hughton!  :-[

he should be competition for both the central midfielders. at his best, 4 or 5 years ago he was a rob lee style midfielder that negated the idea of needing a holding midfileder and an attacking midfielder as he done both effectivly.

unfortunatly his performances don't have me hoping for much.

People need to realise, if Barton is fit he wont be seen as competition to Butt by Hughton, but as competition for Guthrie on right wing...waste of creativity man Hughton!  :-[

he should be competition for both the central midfielders. at his best, 4 or 5 years ago he was a rob lee style midfielder that negated the idea of needing a holding midfileder and an attacking midfielder as he done both effectivly.

Should be, but tbf, would you risk dropping a 10league goal midfielder (by xmas)? Smudger is in top form this season so looks to have nailed the spot, but hands down he is better than Butt...sad thing is, id say he is one of the better wingers we have productivity wise. Him and Guthrie are similar, tthough id say we'd be better playing Barton in order to up his potential sell-on value, much like Geremi...

Should be, but tbf, would you risk dropping a 10league goal midfielder (by xmas)? Smudger is in top form this season so looks to have nailed the spot, but hands down he is better than Butt...sad thing is, id say he is one of the better wingers we have productivity wise. Him and Guthrie are similar, tthough id say we'd be better playing Barton in order to up his potential sell-on value, much like Geremi...

smith and butt are the same...nolan scores goals....githrie will play a cracking ball like nolan scores (ie will produce one thing in 90mins).

we have no decent central midfielders.