Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of interest who do you drop for him?

Granted, he would get in ahead of Nicky Butt & Geremi (he's still in our squad...how?!) but neither Smith nor Nolan can be dropped from our starting eleven in this division. Maybe when we play 4-5-1 away from home he can come in alongside Smith in the middle (Nolan supporting), but this keeps Guthrie marooned out on the right where he's clearly not comfortable...despite being effective last week.

You've hit the nail on the head there, Barton will also have to play on the right, meaning no more Guthrie.

Barton and Guthrie are both central midfielders who have been forced to play wide to accomodate Nolan. For me Nolan's the worst of the three which is why we play rubbish football but he gets the goals.

Out of interest who do you drop for him?

Granted, he would get in ahead of Nicky Butt & Geremi (he's still in our squad...how?!) but neither Smith nor Nolan can be dropped from our starting eleven in this division. Maybe when we play 4-5-1 away from home he can come in alongside Smith in the middle (Nolan supporting), but this keeps Guthrie marooned out on the right where he's clearly not comfortable...despite being effective last week.

You've hit the nail on the head there, Barton will also have to play on the right, meaning no more Guthrie.

Barton and Guthrie are both central midfielders who have been forced to play wide to accomodate Nolan. For me Nolan's the worst of the three which is why we play rubbish football but he gets the goals.

:nods:

It only dawned on me during the Boro game that it's been a while since he played for us. He is possibly our best player ability wise, so excited to see what he can add to us if were already playing well.

Proof?

lol, what proof could I give?

It's opinion based on my observations and please, do acknowledge I said "possibly".

Guthrie is one of the CCC most creative players we cant drop him for someone as poor a Joey Barton............whats next bring in Geremi because that is the level were talking at when people talk about bringing in J.Barton. Fucking Pancake is in front of Barton as well.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20097,00.html

Guthrie does not have the traditional qualities of winger but I think it is fare to call him a right-sided midfielder. This he is centre midfielder talk is bollocks man he has played out on the right for so long now I think of him as someone who could cover if we were short of CM rather than CM playing out wide.

Guthrie is one of the CCC most creative players we cant drop him for someone as poor a Joey Barton............whats next bring in Geremi because that is the level were talking at when people talk about bringing in J.Barton. Fucking Pancake is in front of Barton as well.

Guthrie does not have the traditional qualities of winger but I think it is fare to call him a right-sided midfielder. This he is centre midfielder talk is bollocks man he has played out on the right for so long now I think of him as someone who could cover if we were short of CM rather than CM playing out wide.

And some people have had a go at Guthrie all season...

lol, love your extreme spin on this!

Guthrie is a very good player, but he hasn't been as good as your suggesting.  Barton is far better than Geremi, that's a silly comparison.  I think your under rating Barton's ability.

I'm looking forward to Barton getting back.  Were playing well and he's capable of taking the teams play up a notch. 

Anyone know when he may return?

I see we're getting to that point where we forget how poor he is again. He's a back up player in my eyes, infact i would consider loaning him out just to save a bit of money.

I'm looking forward to Barton getting back.  Were playing well and he's capable of taking the teams play up a notch. 

I see we're getting to that point where we forget how poor he is again. He's a back up player in my eyes, infact i would consider loaning him out just to save a bit of money.

Love how your exaggerating my point. Reward yourself with a biscuit, a rich tea perhaps.

I think Barton has a lot of ability and is CAPABLE of taking the teams play up a notch.  Not saying it's a nailed on fact to happen.  Right now if Guthrie and Smith pick up a knock then it's back to Butt each week.  I think Barton offers far more than Butt and would prefer him to be fit soon to be able to be available to play.

His on the pitch highlights for us: Kicking a mackem  no mark player in the nuts, kissing the badge at SOL. His own highlight will no doubt be when he whacked Alonso down in front the Kop.

He has 2 goals to his name both pens which makes him 1 behind Gezza's total career goals for us. Nicky Butt scored 3 goals in one season, do you honestly think  Barton is capable of that?

Maybe if he played a limited game like Alan Smith is doing he may do okay but anything creative or advanced he & our fans just need to forget it.

We're best off getting rid for whatever we can. He's easily the most overrated player in our squad and besides, he is never fit.

If he's on, say, 50 grand a week, that's over 2 million a year in wages we'd be saving. Not to mention the intangible benefits, like removing another leech from the club and a problem player from the dressing room.

Not sure who'll have him, though.

Love how your exaggerating my point. Reward yourself with a biscuit, a rich tea perhaps.

I think Barton has a lot of ability and is CAPABLE of taking the teams play up a notch.  Not saying it's a nailed on fact to happen.  Right now if Guthrie and Smith pick up a knock then it's back to Butt each week.  I think Barton offers far more than Butt and would prefer him to be fit soon to be able to be available to play.

Where have i exaggerated anything?

Ive seen two games with Barton during the last year, the one where he got a red card against Pool, where he certainly made the team look good and think it was against Leicster where he was very very poor. Don't know what to think of him as he havnt played consistently since he joined us.

There might well come a point 3-4 months before the end of the season when the momentum starts to flag and players get a bit jaded. Barton would be a good player to bring in to freshen things up.

When all's said and done, he is our most talented player. If his career hadn't been derailed by all the trouble that he gets into, he'd be playing for one of the big four, I reckon.

Hopefully he's fit enough to sell to any bidder at all in the January window. Played appalling for us every time he has come back from his many many injuries. If he was from Spain he'd be pulled up on this in the way our other spanish shite has, for some reason because it is Barton he gets cheered in some stupid way as he warms up, then comes on plays shite and gets injured again whilst wasting us many thousands of pounds each week.