Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still think we treated Parker horrendously in the end. Despite the so-called never ending circles, he rarely gave the ball away and was totally committed. Just a shame some of us got on his back.

Him telling a few fans to f*** off during a game didn't help his cause.

he's quite entitled to if the fans are thick as f*** and wrong about most things.

Most to all customers in my job are as thick as f*** and wrong about most things but if I told them to f*** off I'd get the sack. (Luckily I'm not actually customer facing though)

if one of your customeres told you to "f*** off" i'm pretty sure you could reply in kind. it's like adebayor's celebration when the fans thoguht it ok for them to give him s*** all through the game but shouldn't have to take some back...f***ing grow up. if the attitude of "i've paid my money so can say what i like " is to stand up it has to stand beside " if i slag someone off they have the right to slag me back"

:lol:

Is that not the childish way? you called me a name so I will call you one back.

He is a professional footballer and will be fully aware that in his job he will get abuse from other teams fans and at times from his own clubs fans too, am not saying thats right but he is expected by his employer not to react to such things and be a professional.

if you get abuse off the opposition then it's because they fear you...good.

if you get abuse off your own fans for something you don't think is your fault then feel free to give it back...he's not the first and not the last. i even remember crowd favourite terry hibbitt giving some back. maybe the crowd ought to grow up ?

Not his fault? were you at the games?

He was piss poor, got moaned at and reacted in a shocking manne for a professional footballer, no he won't be the last but that does not make it right.

Dyer who was hated by many and got loads of abuse way more than Parker ever did never told his own fans to f*** off durring a match.

Look at Harewood on Saturday he named was fk boo'd when the ream sheet was read out, yet he played like a pro scored two goals.

Parker was out of order simple as that.

yip i was there and like the batty example from earlier it was very similar. sod all to aim for but the fans have there faves and if you aren't one then tough. he was no worse than the others but was singled out by a thick as porridge section of the crowd.

The stick he reacted to was for bottleing a challenge, not a miss placed pass or for holding onto the ball for to long, he pulled out of a tackle and not for the first time durring that game.

Parker was well loved by the fans, all the shit started when he started to pkay like he couldn't give a flying fuck.

Still think we treated Parker horrendously in the end. Despite the so-called never ending circles, he rarely gave the ball away and was totally committed. Just a shame some of us got on his back.

Him telling a few fans to f*** off during a game didn't help his cause.

he's quite entitled to if the fans are thick as f*** and wrong about most things.

Most to all customers in my job are as thick as f*** and wrong about most things but if I told them to f*** off I'd get the sack. (Luckily I'm not actually customer facing though)

if one of your customeres told you to "f*** off" i'm pretty sure you could reply in kind. it's like adebayor's celebration when the fans thoguht it ok for them to give him s*** all through the game but shouldn't have to take some back...f***ing grow up. if the attitude of "i've paid my money so can say what i like " is to stand up it has to stand beside " if i slag someone off they have the right to slag me back"

:lol:

Is that not the childish way? you called me a name so I will call you one back.

He is a professional footballer and will be fully aware that in his job he will get abuse from other teams fans and at times from his own clubs fans too, am not saying thats right but he is expected by his employer not to react to such things and be a professional.

if you get abuse off the opposition then it's because they fear you...good.

if you get abuse off your own fans for something you don't think is your fault then feel free to give it back...he's not the first and not the last. i even remember crowd favourite terry hibbitt giving some back. maybe the crowd ought to grow up ?

Not his fault? were you at the games?

He was piss poor, got moaned at and reacted in a shocking manne for a professional footballer, no he won't be the last but that does not make it right.

Dyer who was hated by many and got loads of abuse way more than Parker ever did never told his own fans to f*** off durring a match.

Look at Harewood on Saturday he named was fk boo'd when the ream sheet was read out, yet he played like a pro scored two goals.

Parker was out of order simple as that.

yip i was there and like the batty example from earlier it was very similar. sod all to aim for but the fans have there faves and if you aren't one then tough. he was no worse than the others but was singled out by a thick as porridge section of the crowd.

The stick he reacted to was for bottleing a challenge, not a miss placed pass or for holding onto the ball for to long, he pulled out of a tackle and not for the first time durring that game.

Parker was well loved by the fans, all the s*** started when he started to pkay like he couldn't give a flying f***.

pull out of a challenge i'm not sure was worth going for,he wasn't favourite and didn't the oppo put the ball out. started playing like he couldn't give a fuck as much to do being in a poor team. funny how n'zogbia and martins can play like they don't care and the crowd lets them off as they are in poor teams as an excuse....oh thats back to crowd faves again isn't it.

Aye Zoggy got loads of shit more than once for playing like a tit but he NEVER told the fans to fuck off, Oba played like he didn't care when?

That entire game Parker was shit got moanedat for it and reacted like a fkn spoilt kid, boo hoo I got called names. There is no exscuse atall for a player having a go at his own fans.

As I recall it the game Parker was pulling out of tackles he was carrying an injury and shouldn't have been playing - it was one of our legendary injury epidemics and we had no one else to play in central midfield at the time.

N'Zogbia got f***ing dogs abuse including getting booed off at Blackburn when he didn't try to get a ball, don't know what you're talking about there.

in home games he never got any stick. he was always a hmoe fave.

Aye Zoggy got loads of s*** more than once for playing like a tit but he NEVER told the fans to f*** off, Oba played like he didn't care when?

That entire game Parker was s*** got moanedat for it and reacted like a fkn spoilt kid, boo hoo I got called names. There is no exscuse atall for a player having a go at his own fans.

and theres no excuse for the awy a lot of fans go on at some players. it's nowt new. i remember fat cass and tommy gibb getting similar right through to shola. if you can't take it...don't give it.

Fans at every club around the world have given players shit throughout the history of the game, Billy Whitehurst on his last match for us when he walking off told all of us to fuck off, give everyone the bird as I remember.. these thinga have gone of forever.. but it does not make it right man.

You get tits who throw things at players, coins lighters those cunts should be banned for life but so a fan swears at a player calls him a name so what, they should be big enough and profesional enough to ignore it.

Fans at every club around the world have given players s*** throughout the history of the game, Billy Whitehurst on his last match for us when he walking off told all of us to f*** off, give everyone the bird as I remember.. these thinga have gone of forever.. but it does not make it right man.

You get tits who throw things at players, coins lighters those c***s should be banned for life but so a fan swears at a player calls him a name so what, they should be big enough and profesional enough to ignore it.

why ? should i,becuase i get paid for doing my job have to put up with being called a twat and say nothing back...or is it only just for the big earners and players in league 2 have a right to answer back because their wages are less ?

No profesional footballer in any league shpild answer back.

no fan should be abusive like that to a player if he doesn't think the palyer has the right to give some back.

why should anyone feel the right to call anyone in any situation without getting some back ? fans need to grow up, paying an  entrance fee gives no right to do that.

Like I said before I never said it was right but I expect the profesional to be the bigger person.

why ? he's aprofesioanl footballer with the same morals,laws etc as the rest of us (possibly less some would say)

It's only the same as being a teacher, shop assistant, doctor/nurse or a copper (who get paid considerbaly less at a guess) and getting told to 'fuck off' etc. They'd most likely get a disciplinary or the sack. He's a professional footballer who should understand the role he plays and the cons of the job. Fans should in fairness, calm it with coin throwing, personal jibes etc. but to portray someone in Barton's position as completely vindicated for his actions is daft.

It's only the same as being a teacher, shop assistant, doctor/nurse or a copper (who get paid considerbaly less at a guess) and getting told to 'f*** off' etc. They'd most likely get a disciplinary or the sack. He's a professional footballer who should understand the role he plays and the cons of the job. Fans should in fairness, calm it with coin throwing, personal jibes etc. but to portray someone in Barton's position as completely vindicated for his actions is daft.

been a shop assistant and gave as i got as i do in my present job. no-one should have the right to have a go at anyone else without getting some back. you should think about what you are saying. paying entrance to a footbasll ground gives you the right to call someone whatever you want and that person can't say anuthing back ?....what bizzarre folk we have in here. seems like theres a few in here want to have a go at someone but if they retaliate will run off screaming like a three year old girl who's had her crayons pinched.

ps you'll find coppers will ofetn give as good as they get,then abit extra.

I used to love Parker when i barely watched us play. In truth i still wouldn't want to hazard a guess at what the fuck he actually did (by which i mean what role he played as a centre-mid). He was a less-shit version of the Jenas that we came to know and love, cos he didn't give the ball away as much.

If we'd had a competent manager at the time, you could argue he'd have developed into one of either: a good attacking mid/a good defensive mid/a good box-to-boxer - cos it wasn't like he didn't have ability. We didn't, we had Roeder and Souness there at the time, and Parker never really became any sort of player. Don't really know how he's done at West Ham... has Zola moulded him into anything specific or is he still an also-ran?

in parker's second season roeder had brought nicky butt back from birmingham iirc, and had butt doing the defensive midfield job parker had been doing so well the season before, and expected parker to become this frank lampard type attacking midfielder which he wasn't so great at

It's only the same as being a teacher, shop assistant, doctor/nurse or a copper (who get paid considerbaly less at a guess) and getting told to 'f*** off' etc. They'd most likely get a disciplinary or the sack. He's a professional footballer who should understand the role he plays and the cons of the job. Fans should in fairness, calm it with coin throwing, personal jibes etc. but to portray someone in Barton's position as completely vindicated for his actions is daft.

been a shop assistant and gave as i got as i do in my present job. no-one should have the right to have a go at anyone else without getting some back. you should think about what you are saying. paying entrance to a footbasll ground gives you the right to call someone whatever you want and that person can't say anuthing back ?....what bizzarre folk we have in here. seems like theres a few in here want to have a go at someone but if they retaliate will run off screaming like a three year old girl who's had her crayons pinched.

I could probably agree with that to a point, but there's a limit. Adebeyor got stick for celebrating in front of the Arse fans which was perfectly justifiable considering the fans were clearly a bunch of abusive cry babies. In Joey Barton's case though he's failed to learn a thing and is a wilful repeat offender so I really can't be bothered defending him.

I could probably agree with that to a point, but there's a limit. Adebeyor got stick for celebrating in front of the Arse fans which was perfectly justifiable considering the fans were clearly a bunch of abusive cry babies. In Joey Barton's case though he's failed to learn a thing and is a wilful repeat offender so I really can't be bothered defending him.

if someone tells him to fuck off then in my opinion he's well within his rights to tell them similar back.

if someone tells him to fuck off then in my opinion he's well within his rights to tell them similar back.

If he just told them to fuck off then fair enough...but he tends to start swinging fists which is where it starts to get complicated.

I really don't care if he told some fans to fuck off, it's none of my business, it's between them and him. These randoms have abolutely nothing to do with me so why should i take it as a personal insult?