Best 30 seconds of nufc action?

Guest posadageordie

Guest posadageordie

Kevin Carr v Carlisle for me, saved a pen - Anderson - Beardsley - Waddle up the wing, cross to Keegan ( I think) - goal! Magic, never seen that before or since.

from recent seasons Bellamy's goal versus Feyenoord at the Kuip. From gutted (Dyer's miss) to sheer jubilation when Bellamy/their keeper put the ball in and then finding out Juve had done us a favour in Kiev.

from recent seasons Bellamy's goal versus Feyenoord at the Kuip. From gutted (Dyer's miss) to sheer jubilation when Bellamy/their keeper put the ball in and then finding out Juve had done us a favour in Kiev.

Aye. So low then high so quickly.

Guest smoggeordie

30? Why have that when you can have 10 seconds at the start of a home game vs Man City.

Guest optimistic nit

well my two would have to be the affore mentioned bellamy one (gets dyer and bellamy into the newcastle book of legendary moments, as much as some would hate for them to be there). the other would be two minutes rather than 30 seconds, but it was the everton match 1-0 to 2-1. didn't mean much but it was just so nufc at that time to be 1-0 down with two minutes to go and come back with three points. these were two of only around 12-15 toon matches i've listened too on the radio, which does add to the tension a lot.

If Barton comes, so much for getting people with the right character, 'due diligence' and such.  Disappointing if it turns out to be true.

That was a cracking half-minute!

Guest smoggeordie

If Barton comes, so much for getting people with the right character, 'due diligence' and such.  Disappointing if it turns out to be true.

Wrong thread mate? :lol:

Guest posadageordie

30? Why have that when you can have 10 seconds at the start of a home game vs Man City.

Wasn't that just a piece of shit goalkeeping rather than 10 seconds of action?

Guest smoggeordie

Wasn't that just a piece of s*** goalkeeping rather than 10 seconds of action?

Mixture of brilliant strikers instinct and shit goalkeeping tbh

Guest optimistic nit

That was a cracking half-minute!

:lol:

:lol:  That made me lol irl.

Best 30 seconds of action is blates Luque running through against Sunderland and producing a delicate little flick over the keeper to make it 4-1.

talking of penalty saves and decent memories, one outshines most for me.

Playing Spurs, conceeding a penalty and Mike Hooper saving from Jurgen Klinsman. First penalty he had missed since coming to the premiership.

I rated Mike Hooper as one of the worst keepers we have had in the last 15 years, so its was as good as a goal, especially given Klinsmans prolific form.

Klinsman sent Hooper diving the wrong way but he saved it with his legs. Cult hero just for that, although I guess an element of shitness always helps people to cult status, as much as talent does.

talking of penalty saves and decent memories, one outshines most for me.

Playing Spurs, conceeding a penalty and Mike Hooper saving from Jurgen Klinsman. First penalty he had missed since coming to the premiership.

I rated Mike Hooper as one of the worst keepers we have had in the last 15 years, so its was as good as a goal, especially given Klinsmans prolific form.

Klinsman sent Hooper diving the wrong way but he saved it with his legs. Cult hero just for that, although I guess an element of shitness always helps people to cult status, as much as talent does.

just come on as sub n all as Pav had been sent off for the penalty decision. Good game that was 3-3, seem to remember Anderton scored a peach.

Guest optimistic nit

what season was this? i'm 90% sure i have a vague recolection of it in one of those end of season video's i used to buy.

Bellamy vs Blackburn.

Hughes/Viana/Ameobi combine down the left for Viana to send in a peach of a cross for Bellamy to slot home first time.

Slickest football I've seen us play, one touch football all round.

Guest Barney

the play that led up to Shearer scoring the 4th against Leicester City in the comeback from 3-1 down. Juicy. Shearer hat-trick, Rob Lee assist.

Guest graemeh72

Albert chipping Schmeichel to make it 5-0

i) Cos it was 5-0

ii) Cos it was Man U

iii) Cos it was Albert

iv) Cos it was an audacious lob

v) Cos it was against the best keeper in the world and he looked like a numpty

Guest johnson293

Kevin Carr v Carlisle for me, saved a pen - Anderson - Beardsley - Waddle up the wing, cross to Keegan ( I think) - goal! Magic, never seen that before or since.

Even better about that particular incident, it was a double save by Carr - he saved the pen, then someone came in and he saved the rebound shot, then ot was brought away, leading to the goal.

Mine is abit more recent, and not quite 30 seconds...

Newcastle 0-1 down

Substitute Chopra runs on to the pitch....slows to a jog as he moves forward, looks over his shoudler and sees a long ball coming, begins to run as the ball gets nearer, it drops in front of him, opposing defender and goalkeeper collide, leaving an empty net - chopra sticks it in form 2 yards, checks to see that the linesman/ref has given it, and then celebrates wildly in front of his own supporters.

Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle, on way to 4-1 victory.

Similarly to Kevin Carr, but not a penalty save, away to Everton during the 2001-2 season, we cleared a corner, Bellamy sped down the right, only one person on the park able to keep up which was Robert, Bellamy knocked it into the box, Robert controlled, could have tapped in himself, and from being in his own 6-yard box 15 seconds before, Acuna was in the box to tap in. That summed up Newcastle that season with the sheer pace of those two.

Guest elbee909

Heh, don't know how that ended up in here, really.  Sorry for wrong thread action.  30 secs or otherwise. :)

Bellamy vs Blackburn.

Hughes/Viana/Ameobi combine down the left for Viana to send in a peach of a cross for Bellamy to slot home first time.

Slickest football I've seen us play, one touch football all round.

Would have to say that Nobby's second goal against Everton two seasons back beats that one for slick football. Fucking class goal, regardless of the stupendous finish. Not saying that's my favourite 30 seconds, i honestly can't think of one in-particular, but that's one of my favourite ever goals.