Carlos signs for Fenerbache

Karjala

IMO, Bob Carlos is - in a round about way - one of the most underrated players of his generation. He's a bit like Clarence Seedorf in that he's one of these guys who's name always comes up in "most overrated" topics - I even remember teletext previewing England-Brazil in '02 and identifying him as the worlds most overrated player. Never gone along with that myself, I've always thought he was a top quality player. Even if 90% of his free-kicks are awful, IMO a far better defender and a far better footballer than he ever gets credit for. blueyes.gif

Guest alex

One of the main reasons Brazil won in 2002 was because of them having two outstanding wing-backs in Roberto Carlos and Cafu. When you play 3 at the back in the 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 formation Brazil played then the wing-backs are arguably the most crucial positions on the pitch. I can still remember that free-kick at Le Tournai too. Absolutely class.

Guest teepee

i just cannot understand why he doesn't go back to south america to finish his career.... but probably a good move by fener...

Guest alex

i just cannot understand why he doesn't go back to south america to finish his career.... but probably a good move by fener...

Money.

Guest Alan_Shearer

BIG miss there, we should have got him im sure he would have come here rather than Fener...

He's still one of the best LB's in the world, hes getting on abit but he's still one of the fittest in the world, covers more ground than anyone in most games.

Guest brewer

I'll remember him for trying an overhead kick in his own box against Denmark at World Cup 98, fucking up, and Denmark scoring.

BIG miss there, we should have got him im sure he would have come here rather than Fener...

He's still one of the best LB's in the world, hes getting on abit but he's still one of the fittest in the world, covers more ground than anyone in most games.

:love: :hom:

Guest redmayne

agreed

he was a class left back / wing back / still is and may go on to be like cafu and go to a top team again

we should have stepped in there

such a shame we have babyaro who would keep him on the bench

Scored one of the best goals I've ever seen when he was playing for Real. He was bombing down the left and it looked for all the world like he was just going to whip a cross in just before he got to the by-line, but he just smashed it with the outside of his left foot and bent it between the keeper and the near post. He must have been about 30 yards from goal and about 5 yards from the corner flag. Awesome goal.

Guest BooBoo

Once upon a time we would have been sniffing around. I'm grateful that time now seems to be behind us.