Henry to Liverpool

Thespence

never gonna happen - it seems that liverpool are linked with every world-star-footballer these days - and i doubt they can attract those players now - maybe in a few years if they continue to progress.

but the henry's, eto'o's etc of this world see themselves as too good for pool - and rightly so in my oppinion...

Too good for a side that reached 2 CL finals in 3 years? That's a really big ego.

Guest alex

I'm in agreement with whoever said there were too many Liverpool threads on here the other day. ;)

I don't think this is beyond the realms of possibility though and Bellamy leaving for £12m and Henry coming in for £20m would be a fantastic bit of business for Liverpool. Think Henry is more likely to go abroad if he leaves Arsenal though.

Guest alex

disaster if he leaves the epl - one of the best and most watchable players in the world

Aye, one of our rivals losing their best player. Nightmare :razz:

didnt Henry say in an interview Liverpool would be the only other english club he would play for? sure he did.

Yeah. He's always very complimentary towards the club, the fans and the players.

A kid asked me on Wednesday if I would have liked to play for another team. Straight away I said Liverpool.”

“First of all, I would have loved to play with Steven Gerrard and second I like the club and their fans. There’s something about Anfield that you can’t explain.”

“I love it when you step out of the dressing-room and you see the Kop, the scarves, and [hear people] singing You’ll Never Walk Alone. Just that, that would do it for me.

“Obviously it can never happen because I love Arsenal too much. There can never be a possibility of playing anywhere else in England.

Last paragraph the most significant.

Guest Knightrider

He also said, when asked to name his fave ground and who has the best fans outside of Arsenal, SJP and Newcastle fans were his answer. Mind he later changed his mind after a Cup game against Pompey as to who has the best fans. :D

Never going to happen.

Guest teepee

disaster if he leaves the epl - one of the best and most watchable players in the world

rivals.... did you just miss the last three seasons or so?

i get your point though - but what makes the premiership great is partly due to players like henry, ronaldo, rooney etc.

Guest alex

rivals.... did you just miss the last three seasons or so?

i get your point though - but what makes the premiership great is partly due to players like henry, ronaldo, rooney etc.

They just came 4th. We should be aiming for that under the new circumstances in the next 1-2 seasons. Did you just miss the last few weeks? :razz:

Guest king harry

Apparently these rumours which are months old were started by a bookie in Liverpool, as the other bookies have stopped taking bets he will probaly clean up.

Its complete bollocks by the way, although even w.hill and ladbrokes have gone from 10-1 to 7-2. Liverpool is a mad city for rumours, look at all the crap about gerards bird, the NOTW were meant to have it as a fron page story for 3 months.

Not sure where he'll go but he's off this summer.

Just seen his latest interview and his body language, diction and rhetoric are all negative towards the Arsenal. He's saying things he shouldn't be saying and looks very unhappy and is angling for a club to make an offer imo. Any serious offers that come in - he'll want to speak to them. Nailed on to leave.  blueyes.gif

Guest Peter Pan
Henry signs for Barça

Henry signs for Barça

According to France Football, Thierry Henry has signed a 3 year deal with Barcelona.

The widely respected French football daily reports that Barça have agreed to pay Arsenal €25 million and that he will be paid €10 million a year, 40% more than what he currently earns at Arsenal.

Henry has signed a 3 year deal which includes an option of an extra year at the end of the contract.

All that now remains is for Arsenal to agree to let their talismanic captain leave as this deal is only between Barça and Henry, not Barça and Arsenal.

More to follow....

http://www.fcbarcelonaweb.co.uk/v3/news/1181586720/116/index.html

Henry signs for Barça

Henry signs for Barça

According to France Football, Thierry Henry has signed a 3 year deal with Barcelona.

The widely respected French football daily reports that Barça have agreed to pay Arsenal 25 million and that he will be paid 10 million a year, 40% more than what he currently earns at Arsenal.

Henry has signed a 3 year deal which includes an option of an extra year at the end of the contract.

All that now remains is for Arsenal to agree to let their talismanic captain leave as this deal is only between Barça and Henry, not Barça and Arsenal.

More to follow....

http://www.fcbarcelonaweb.co.uk/v3/news/1181586720/116/index.html

Wouldn't that be what is commonly known as tapping up?