David Kelly - who did we buy him off?

Crumpy Gunt

Leicester £250,000

He got a hattrick against us the season before he signed for us as well.  One of two times in the last 40 years of NUFC, that two players have scored hattricks on the same pitch, Quinn got a hattrick in the same game.  The other time Kelly got a hattrick too, who else did?

What a geeky cunt eh?  :whistle:

Guest johnson293

Sorry,  yeah,  it was Leicester.

Aye - scored a hattrick for Leicester against Newcastle, then a hattrick for Newcastle against Leicester.

Aye - scored a hattrick for Leicester against Newcastle, then a hattrick for Newcastle against Leicester.

17 seconds too late

Guest alex

Leicester £250,000

He got a hattrick against us the season before he signed for us as well.  One of two times in the last 40 years of NUFC, that two players have scored hattricks on the same pitch, Quinn got a hattrick in the same game.  The other time Kelly got a hattrick too, who else did?

What a geeky cunt eh?  :whistle:

Andy Cole in the 7-1 against Leicester iirc.

Guest johnson293

Absolute legend!

He deserves legend status for scoring two of the most important goals in Newcastel's history.

The winner at home to Portsmouth in the 89th minute, which pretty much kept us up.

And, the 2nd at Grimsby, which guaranteed Promotion (and the championship?) the following season.

As said above, only regret was he never got the chance to play in the Prem for us, after his goals helped keep us up, then got us up.

Absolute legend!

He deserves legend status for scoring two of the most important goals in Newcastel's history.

The winner at home to Portsmouth in the 89th minute, which pretty much kept us up.

And, the 2nd at Grimsby, which guaranteed Promotion (and the championship?) the following season.

As said above, only regret was he never got the chance to play in the Prem for us, after his goals helped keep us up, then got us up.

Agreed.

I have never felt elation like i did when that goal against Portsmouth went in. Closest I have been to crying at a football match;  I was that happy.

Giving me goosebumps now thinking about it

Leicester £250,000

What a geeky c*** eh?  :whistle:

Yorke & Ferdinand? Remember Yorke scoring a hat-trick up here in a 4-3 defeat so there's a chance one of our players got a hat-trick too.

Absolute legend!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Kelly_%28footballer%29

my favourite ever player

Indeed i was.

My mate had seen us win every single game he'd ever been to, which was some going as we were mince at the time, so i bribed my brother not to go so my mate could have his ticket. I did it from Grimsby away the following season too.

I dig out the video quite often....Ransom....Quinn....Kelly. CHAOS

Got to agree. Saved the Toon - FACT

Was anyone here part of the 25,989 that saw his goal that saved the day?  I was right in line with shot in it went what a goal.

aye,a wing paddock.

felt good but not a patch on the leicester game as we could still have gone down that day

Absolute legend!

Absolutely agree - Ned's goals against Pompey & Grimsby were the two goals which arguably laid the foundations for at least 5-7 years of excitement and progress for NUFC - a great pity he never had the chance to play in the Prem for us, but he will always be one of my favourite players for his efforts.

His spirit characterised the Promotion Season for me, amd poetic justice that he should get a Hat-trick against his old club in his last game for us - I've met  him a couple of times & he's a great lad..

Absolute legend!

Absolutely agree - Ned's goals against Pompey & Grimsby were the two goals which arguably laid the foundations for at least 5-7 years of excitement and progress for NUFC - a great pity he never had the chance to play in the Prem for us, but he will always be one of my favourite players for his efforts.

His spirit characterised the Promotion Season for me, amd poetic justice that he should get a Hat-trick against his old club in his last game for us - I've met  him a couple of times & he's a great lad..

I met him after the west ham game at home 92/93. class