European U21 Championship

Guest SwissMagpie

Its been coming. We've hardly been out of our half for 30 minutes and Ned couldn't keep them out forever. Over negativity biting us in the arse again. I blame Pearce obviously, but this really reminds me of England-France in 04.

Guest nufc 4 life

When Taylor first went down I thought he was play-acting, I wouldn;t put it past him to pretend he's injured to get the ball put out of play.

well he's not he is just being an idiot (playing the commando)

When Taylor first went down I thought he was play-acting, I wouldn;t put it past him to pretend he's injured to get the ball put out of play.

thats a good 1 haha

shame hes hurt though hope hes fine

It's always a really stupid idea to throw on a defender for a striker late in the game when one goal could take it to extra time, particularly if it's the last sub you have.

Now you go into extra time with the team severely unbalanced and unlikely to be able to create much going forward. In a league match it's understandable, cos you're just hanging on and if they score it's over and it's a draw, fair enough. But in a game like this where it goes on then I really don't see the sense in it.

It's always a really stupid idea to throw on a defender for a striker late in the game when one goal could take it to extra time, particularly if it's the last sub you have.

Now you go into extra time with the team severely unbalanced and unlikely to be able to create much going forward. In a league match it's understandable, cos you're just hanging on and if they score it's over and it's a draw, fair enough. But in a game like this where it goes on then I really don't see the sense in it.

And apart from anything, it's fucking tempting fate. :lol:

i agree! especially when its someone like lita who you are taking off!!

hes valuable and proved he can score goals out of the blue

I wonder if kicking it long or out of touch consistantly is the blueprint for English football?

The future of English football is all about giving up possession time after time?

Fucking clueless football by a clueless manager.

Guest Geordiesned

Carson complaining :D

Memories so short

He looked like he was complaining to Derbyshire to me for not kicking the ball out when he had the chance.

And apart from anything, it's f****** tempting fate. :lol:

Exactly.

Reminds me of the WC last year, the Germany-Argentina game. Argies did the same thing, bringing on defensive players for attackers with a one goal lead and using all 3 subs. Then Germany get an equaliser from nowhere and Argentina go into ET with Messi and Riquelme confined to the sidelines.

A brilliantly lost WC, as only a complete nightmare like that looked like it could stop them with the way they'd been playing.

I wonder if kicking it long or out of touch consistantly is the blueprint for English football?

The future of English football is all about giving up possession time after time?

Fucking clueless football by a clueless manager.

Hardly the managers fault our youngsters are technically poor that's just how it's always been. Can't see how Pearce can teach them how to play fast flowing football.