Wesley Sneijder

Skirge

Looks like Spurs may beat Villa to the signing of Wesley Sneijder

Decent play but not to sure about the £10mill fee..

Villa may lose out in Sneijder chase

Jun 8 2007

VILLA are understood to be playing catch-up to Tottenham Hotspur in the battle to sign Wesley Sneijder.

Both clubs are understood to be willing to pay the £10million transfer fee being demanded by Ajax .

But talks are understood to have already been held between his agent, Rodger Lindse, and Spurs' Dutch manager Martin Jol.

There is speculation that the player would prefer a move to London rather than Birmingham.

Ajax have already rejected a series of bids from Valencia for the Dutch international which peaked at £8.1m.

He was recently watched by Martin O'Neill at the Dutch Cup final against AZ Alkmaar but Jol is believed to have the advantage.

Sneijder has set his heart on a move from Ajax where he has two years remaining on his contract.

He played for the Netherlands in their 3-1 friendly victory over Thailand on Wednesday and has been a first-team regular in Amsterdam for five years.

Jun 8 2007

VILLA are understood to be playing catch-up to Tottenham Hotspur in the battle to sign Wesley Sneijder.

Both clubs are understood to be willing to pay the £10million transfer fee being demanded by Ajax .

But talks are understood to have already been held between his agent, Rodger Lindse, and Spurs' Dutch manager Martin Jol.

There is speculation that the player would prefer a move to London rather than Birmingham.

Ajax have already rejected a series of bids from Valencia for the Dutch international which peaked at £8.1m.

He was recently watched by Martin O'Neill at the Dutch Cup final against AZ Alkmaar but Jol is believed to have the advantage.

Sneijder has set his heart on a move from Ajax where he has two years remaining on his contract.

He played for the Netherlands in their 3-1 friendly victory over Thailand on Wednesday and has been a first-team regular in Amsterdam for five years.

I enjoyed the Blade series but Demolition Man was terrible.  Overrated at £10m for sure

Guest Gemmill

Jun 8 2007

I enjoyed the Blade series but Demolition Man was terrible.  Overrated at £10m for sure

Alwaysh bet on orange.

Would be funny if we did beat Spurs to his signature... yet again... :lol:

For this reason I'd love it if we went for every Spurs target, just so we can piss them off.

Either that or we sign players they can only dream of, e.g. their ridiculous link with Messi, etc.

Guest teepee

good player - but i think he might struggle with adapting to the epl - there are very few of these continental playmakers that can actually make it in the in england imo.

would require a very diciplined dm next to him - or possibly two, playing a dutch style game. and i don't see that at nufc this season with viduka, owen, martins in the team and parker gone...

Isn't he a centre-midfielder? Why do Spurs need another centre-midfielder?

Know little about him, but he's got a goalscoring record from midfield that we could do with...

good player - but i think he might struggle with adapting to the epl - there are very few of these continental playmakers that can actually make it in the in england imo.

would require a very diciplined dm next to him - or possibly two, playing a dutch style game. and i don't see that at nufc this season with viduka, owen, martins in the team and parker gone...

Who do think will be our holding midfielder? Could Butt play every game of season?

Guest kmdnufc

Isn't he a centre-midfielder? Why do Spurs need another centre-midfielder?

Know little about him, but he's got a goalscoring record from midfield that we could do with...

He's a left midfielder, a highly needed player for Spurs. They've been after a top-class left mid for years.

Sneijder is thought of more attacking MF rather than LM, Petrov is still the preferred option so I understand. 

Been a good day today, Taarabt has been  confirmed on a 5 year deal as he now he is 18, Yuri Berchiche signed for us ahead of Chelsea, slime  ;D and Liverpool, Brum are in for Mido  mackems.gif and Murphy's talking to Wigan.  Be good to see 2 lumps of deadwood gone tbh.

Guest kmdnufc

Kallstrom, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder

Any of those 3 please!

Will Bayern buy him?

Doubt it. He'd cost at least £10 million and they've spent so much recently.

Guest kmdnufc

Hmm ,might have a hard time to adapt to the PL. Id rather see Appiah!

Celtic, Juve and Schalke are after him.

He's a great centre-midfielder.

Guest terry

Would be funny if we did beat Spurs to his signature... yet again... :lol:

For this reason I'd love it if we went for every Spurs target, just so we can piss them off.

Either that or we sign players they can only dream of, e.g. their ridiculous link with Messi, etc.

your right though, messi would crawl all the way from barca to play for us

Guest Alan Shearer 9

At 10 mill he's hardly overpriced, if he continues his good form in the EPL I think he fully warrants that amount.