Sami Hyypia? Opinions?

Keefaz

Lack of pace,past his best physically,but a very good organiser and a good marshaller of a back 4.Dont think hed come to be a squad player but i'd want a younger player anyhow-or a better experienced one such as Campbell.

If we get in Ben-Haim and Rozenahl,

no

Rosenhal (however you spell it!) could be challenging, covering for Butt aswell. Taylor, Ben Haim, Rozenhal and Hyypia would be a good squad of defenders. Huntington and Edgar out on loan and Ramage going to find something he is good at.

Great at his peak. So if he isn't in Liverpool's current 1st team he's probably past it.

Been costing them for about 2 years but not a single scouser would admit it.

Could have had him for nowt when Keegan was in charge, played a reserve game for us and didn't impress KK so was sent on his way.

Might as well get Ronny Johnsen and Brian Kilcline out of retirement, will be just as quick and effective these days.

His time has been and gone, we need players in their prime.

We can't sign a load of top players in one summer though. We are gonna need a stop gap here and there. Centre back is definitely one position we do need a bit of experience.

I agree with this, numbers we certainly need and we may not get all of the quality we would like. I think we could do alot worse than him

Part of me says get him as he could help Taylor develop . Part of me says he is way too slow and well past his sell by date. On reflection I would give it a miss as we should be aiming much higher than a Liverpool reject.

Could have had him for nowt when Keegan was in charge, played a reserve game for us and didn't impress KK so was sent on his way.

Might as well get Ronny Johnsen and Brian Kilcline out of retirement, will be just as quick and effective these days.

His time has been and gone, we need players in their prime.

Well, Ronny Johnsen still plays professional football at Vålerenga so he isn't retired at all. In fact he has done pretty well there, and holds a first team place as long as he is injury free. Let's bring him back ;)

Guest Rushian

Possibly because it's not true? The season before last we conceded 25 goals in 38 league games with Hyypia a near ever present - the goals we did concede that season were generally when we played Traore or Warnock at leftback. When Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia and Riise played together we were near enough flawless at the back.

This season Agger has been first choice with Hyypia playing the odd game now and then, and playing very well. What he won't give you is pace, but he remains superb in the air and at organising a defence. At his age though he'd struggle to play 60 first team games a season.

I fully understand why Sam wants a player like Hyypia. We need someone older to help all the youngies. Im not sure Hyypia is the right man for this though. Sol Campbell would definately be better for this.

Great at his peak. So if he isn't in Liverpool's current 1st team he's probably past it.

You talk some shit :lol:

Yet again Fins over rating their sports stars.  :lol:

I'll give you the terrible marking in the Benfica game giving a free header away to a fellow defender as Sami sniffs the ground. Classy.

Many moments like this happened (although not all punished due to Carragher being a bit handy) the season before last, Rafa cottoned on quickly and why he's been phased out of the team the season just gone, Liverpool fans are just catching up now, Fins i see are still far behind.

I'll give you the terrible marking in the Benfica game giving a free header away to a fellow defender as Sami sniffs the ground. Classy.

Many moments like this happened (although not all punished due to Carragher being a bit handy) the season before last, Rafa cottoned on quickly and why he's been phased out of the team the season just gone, Liverpool fans are just catching up now, Fins i see are still far behind.

Wooo..Classy. You proved your point with one goal ???

In fact he's been very solid when ever he has played this season. He's not young anymore and I remember him saying last season that he wouldn't mind a rest once in a while. If you give him a rest now and then he'll do a great job. Exactly the reason why Rafa isn't letting him leave. And you think there might be a reason why the Liverpool fans don't think he's costing them?  :rolleyes:

Wooo..Classy. You proved your point with one goal ???

In fact he's been very solid when ever he has played this season. He's not young anymore and I remember him saying last season that he wouldn't mind a rest once in a while. If you give him a rest now and then he'll do a great job. Exactly the reason why Rafa isn't letting him leave. And you think there might be a reason why the Liverpool fans don't think he's costing them?  :rolleyes:

There are plenty of other times, i just struggle to remember them all as i'm not a Liverpool fan, but yet remember the feeling of laughter on several occasions at some of the stuff the old man was doing season before last.

Rafa isn't letting him leave as he doesn't want to have to fork out to buy another defender, at some time, probably before the confusing of how much money he's getting to spend, Sami must of been made aware of Liverpool's intentions to offload him, stories do tend to be made up, but when Rafa comes out and says he still has plans for him it shows no smoke without fire.