Chelsea have increased their bid for Chimbonda

Martin Lol

........... for Chimbonda to £11m.

It's been turned down but Levy thought a long time about it.  Won't take much for him to say yes.

A lot of money for a RB who is nearly 30.

Just got 28 a couple of months ago and is already nearly 30. Players really do age quickly nowadays...

Now they've come in with a bid they should just wait until the little git realises how much more he'd be on at Chelsea than the £6.50 an hour or whatever Spurs pay defenders, then he can hide a transfer request in his sock again/spark out a few fans/deny the holocaust or something and force them to sell him for less.

Wow ... can't believe you would turn down £11 million.

Chelsea are obviously getting desperate and want a right-back they are sure will be effective in the premiership. They haven't really had a decent right back since Mourinho joined as Ferreira never really panned out.

I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell the point of Arnesen is then. You mean to tell me that between Arnesen and Mourinho they cannot scout a decent right-back outside of the premiership who they know will be good enough in the English league? What the hell is the point of all their scouts then? All these guys are a bunch of phoneys!

£11 million on a right back ... that's more than what Berbatov and Martins cost. Absolutely crazy.

Wow ... can't believe you would turn down £11 million.

Chelsea are obviously getting desperate and want a right-back they are sure will be effective in the premiership. They haven't really had a decent right back since Mourinho joined as Ferreira never really panned out.

I cannot for the life of me understand what the hell the point of Arnesen is then. You mean to tell me that between Arnesen and Mourinho they cannot scout a decent right-back outside of the premiership who they know will be good enough in the English league? What the hell is the point of all their scouts then? All these guys are a bunch of phoneys!

£11 million on a right back ... that's more than what Berbatov and Martins cost. Absolutely crazy.

It's nearly as crazy as Darren Bent costing more than Michael Owen did.

IMO he is the most underated right sided defender in the prem.  And prob one of the top 3

Might very well be the best in the league. Not sure I can think of anyone who is better.

Hes a fucking prick that Chimbonda.

I agree. He'll fit in at Chelsea.

Nicky Butt and Shay Given arent big fans either.

His being such a cock against Spurs away helped galvanise our second half performance I reckon. 

Glen Johnson really does seem to get a bad rap, but he does have potential. He is very good going forward but not the best defender.

We probably need someone a bit more solid defensively considering the overall state of our defence.

Glen Johnson really does seem to get a bad rap, but he does have potential. He is very good going forward but not the best defender.

We probably need someone a bit more solid defensively considering the overall state of our defence.

He's an overrated bellend imo.