Spurs bid for Darren Bent

geordie2000

Would be very happy if we sign Bent. Anyone who thinks we dont need him dosent know much about football and spurs in general.

You've still not said who's gonna get dropped.

Rotated with Keane.

So again I ask, who in their right mind buys a player for rotation for upwards of £12m?

hmmmm spurs? hmmmm West ham? (would have been rotated with Ashton), hmmmm Arsenal? (Reyes), hmmmmm Liverpool ?(kuyt dosent exactly start every game), hmmmm mancester united ?(saha), hmmmmm Chelsea ?(shevchenko).

Spot the difference between the clubs in bold and the rest.

Darren Bent would have played alongside Ashton anyway! Tevez willl clearly be leaving.

Guest kingdawson

Would be very happy if we sign Bent. Anyone who thinks we dont need him dosent know much about football and spurs in general.

Rotated with Keane.

So again I ask, who in their right mind buys a player for rotation for upwards of £12m?

hmmmm spurs? hmmmm West ham? (would have been rotated with Ashton), hmmmm Arsenal? (Reyes), hmmmmm Liverpool ?(kuyt dosent exactly start every game), hmmmm mancester united ?(saha), hmmmmm Chelsea ?(shevchenko).

You asked a simple question and i answered it.

Guest kingdawson

Rotated with Keane.

Darren Bent would have played alongside Ashton anyway! Tevez willl clearly be leaving.

Are you itk?. I ask this because you seem pretty sure of yourself on almost everything.

BTW I HATE ITK'S

Rotated with Keane.

The point being all those other clubs can afford to do things like that and them fuck up. Why on earth would England striker Darren Bent, fresh from another season of scoring goals freely and with a price tag of £12m+ want to sit on the bench every other week? Unless of course, he was picking up regular winners medals...

Guest Triglett

Rotated with Keane.

The point being all those other clubs can afford to do things like that and them f*** up. Why on earth would England striker Darren Bent, fresh from another season of scoring goals freely and with a price tag of £12m+ want to sit on the bench every other week? Unless of course, he was picking up regular winners medals...

Why on earth would Darren Bent turn down a massive wage and a guaranteed starting place at, what must be said, is an ambitious club in order to go to Spurs? Maybe he's different?

Rotated with Keane.

The point being all those other clubs can afford to do things like that and them f*** up. Why on earth would England striker Darren Bent, fresh from another season of scoring goals freely and with a price tag of £12m+ want to sit on the bench every other week? Unless of course, he was picking up regular winners medals...

Why on earth would Darren Bent turn down a massive wage and a guaranteed starting place at, what must be said, is an ambitious club in order to go to Spurs? Maybe he's different?

He's not gone to Spurs yet. Fair point though, I suppose.

It just doesn't seem logical to me. Either Spurs expect another of their starters to leave or they're getting ideas way above their current station. If it's the latter it's a massive gamble imo.

Rotated with Keane.

It just doesn't seem logical to me. Either Spurs expect another of their starters to leave or they're getting ideas way above their current station. If it's the latter it's a massive gamble imo.

Tbh it's clear from where i see it, Tottenham are a club who have already established themself as the club who's closest to breaking the top 4 yet West Ham are re-building and secondly he will be looking at the opportunity of playing with a striker such as Berbatov and must be licking his lips not forgetting the creativity of Keane.

Rotated with Keane.

thb he is currently at a relegated club he may feel the big 4 arent interested which is possible seen as charlton seem hell bent on wanting a kings ransom for him, he may feel a club like spuds with european football and players like lennon and "shudders" jenas getting international calls it may be good for him to move, rather than westspam that may still struggle with a disjointed team and with trouble hanging over them.

Like you I cannot fathom why a player will be willing to be rotated but if say one of the big 3 strikers leave then you can see why he is keen.

regardless of all the ITK's we dont know the ins and outs and his sig might all come down to other movements.

Spurs need permission to talk to Bent first. I'd assume they would need to match West Ham's offer if they even want to talk to him. Unless this Magnusson bloke wants to look like a soft shit and offer even more???  :undecided:

Guest Triglett

Rotated with Keane.

Yeah, I'm like you I suppose. Although I think Bent would solve some important issues, he'd just create more problems than pehaps he's worth (£12m+). Having those 4 strikers, keeping them all happy, whilst maintaining what's in the best interests of the team at the same time, is just unrealistic and unmanageable.

Put it this way, if we went out and spent £15m on Bent tomorrow, what would Spurs fans think?

It'd be one of:

- Well that's cos Owen is off.

- Well that's cos Martins is off.

- Well I can't wait for this to all end in tears.

You see? :razz:

Spurs need permission to talk to Bent first. I'd assume they would need to match West Ham's offer if they even want to talk to him. Unless this Magnusson bloke wants to look like a soft shit and offer even more???  :undecided:

But Bent doesn't want to go to west ham so Charlton can either cash in or have a unhappy player in the squad.

But Bent doesn't want to go to west ham so Charlton can either cash in or have a unhappy player in the squad.

So the Charlton chairman will accept a bid of, for arguments sake, £12m after West Ham have bid £16m + Mullins? He'll look fucking stupid!

Got a feeling Bent will stay exactly where he is or he may be 'persuaded' to sign for West Ham.  :rolleyes:

All depends on player power, but I agree that scenario seems nonsensical. Like the Owen back to Liverpool thing. We don't know if they formally bid for him, but say if they'd bid £12m would Madrid have taken that and lost £4m just because Owen preferred that move?

Spurs need permission to talk to Bent first. I'd assume they would need to match West Ham's offer if they even want to talk to him. Unless this Magnusson bloke wants to look like a soft s*** and offer even more???  :undecided:

So the Charlton chairman will accept a bid of, for arguments sake, £12m after West Ham have bid £16m + Mullins? He'll look f****** stupid!

Got a feeling Bent will stay exactly where he is or he may be 'persuaded' to sign for West Ham.  :rolleyes:

harry kewell leaving leeds for liverpool

You forgot the "they only went for the money" one Davey boy.

Yeah but that doesn't count in this comparison, cos Spurs only pay peanuts compared to us. ;)

You can almost guarantee that if we signed him, we'd get MJ with his "we were offering £6m up front with £1.5m a year for the next 3 seasons, as well as £30k a week wages with bonuses, while Newcastle offered £12m and £50k a week wages. This is why Comolli has lined up Trezeguet, for whom we've bid £3m plus £500k a year with £25k wages".

So the Charlton chairman will accept a bid of, for arguments sake, £12m after West Ham have bid £16m + Mullins? He'll look fucking stupid!

Why? Charlton accepted west Hams bid, Bent rejected. the highest bid is now 12m which is still a amazing deal for Charlton. Nobody else will bid 16m.

Spurs need permission to talk to Bent first. I'd assume they would need to match West Ham's offer if they even want to talk to him. Unless this Magnusson bloke wants to look like a soft s*** and offer even more???  :undecided:

So the Charlton chairman will accept a bid of, for arguments sake, £12m after West Ham have bid £16m + Mullins? He'll look f****** stupid!

You know what i mean though? He accepts a £16m+, saying they've matched their valuation, on Wednesday only to see it break down...........then he accepts £12m on Friday for the same player. It makes him look fucking stupid for asking for so much in the first place. West Ham don't come out of it with any credit either tbh.

Guest Triglett

We could do one of those deals with lots of substantial clauses. Like the Bale deal was £5m rising to £10m. We could chuck a player into the deal too, like Gardner, who was on the brink of a move to Charlton a couple of seasons ago had he not failed a medical. I can see a way for Charlton to come out of this without making complete arses of themselves, anyway. And I don't think anyone would say that they hadn't got a good deal if he goes for over £10m. Hey, just keep it undisclosed. JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN

You know what i mean though? He accepts a £16m+, saying they've matched their valuation, on Wednesday only to see it break down...........then he accepts £12m on Friday for the same player. It makes him look f****** stupid for asking for so much in the first place. West Ham don't come out of it with any credit either tbh.

i know what you mean but it doesnt really matter,if the player has a choice of places then he has the power.

You know what i mean though? He accepts a £16m+, saying they've matched their valuation, on Wednesday only to see it break down...........then he accepts £12m on Friday for the same player. It makes him look f****** stupid for asking for so much in the first place. West Ham don't come out of it with any credit either tbh.

i know what you mean but it doesnt really matter,if the player has a choice of places then he has the power.

100% correct.  blueyes.gif

The point I was making is that the Charlton chairman has come out and said, not in as many words, "I'll accept £16m+ for Bent. They've matched our valuation." etc

48 hours later, this changes to "we've reluctantly agreed to let Bent talk to Spurs for £12m". He just comes out of it looking like a tool.

You forgot the "they only went for the money" one Davey boy.

Yeah but that doesn't count in this comparison, cos Spurs only pay peanuts compared to us. ;)

You can almost guarantee that if we signed him, we'd get MJ with his "we were offering £6m up front with £1.5m a year for the next 3 seasons, as well as £30k a week wages with bonuses, while Newcastle offered £12m and £50k a week wages. This is why Comolli has lined up Trezeguet, for whom we've bid £3m plus £500k a year with £25k wages".

as well as "this is MJ's son, he's away in the Seychelles with the money he made putting a bet on Joe Harvey being newcastle manager. he told me to say that spurs have also been linked to Skillardinho who is captain of the brazil under 15s. Comolli has legally adopted him and gave both his parents oral sex, so we're just waiting for the paperwork to go through, everyone who has seen this lad believes he is 3 times better than Maradona at the same age. ITKs are also saying Newcastle are close to agreeing a £17m double swoop for Benson and Hedges of non league Tipton. Levy thought long and hard about making a bid but believed the rumoured £400,000 per week wages would upset the applecart, what with Berbs on two guineas and thrupence a year. anyway got to go apply for my season ticket, queue from WHL already reaches Cape Town."