Shearer express opinion shocker - on Bellamy

bodson

But the way I see it is that Shearer is an ambassador to your club now, and his role is to encourage players to join and portray Newcastle as a good club to potential signings. Therefore, even if it is his own opinion, he should keep it to himself so as not to stop these signings from coming. As others have said, Barton is far more badly behaved than Bellamy and seemingly more violent as well. Therefore, why didn't he say Newcastle shouldn't buy Barton. If an ambassador for Spurs started saying things like that to the press about a signing we might be making, I would be very angry.

I dont recall Barton fucking Newcastle over. Or taking the piss out of our fans. Bellamy has though.

Both are reckless. The difference is that one did it here and one hasnt (yet).

But the way I see it is that Shearer is an ambassador to your club now, and his role is to encourage players to join and portray Newcastle as a good club to potential signings. Therefore, even if it is his own opinion, he should keep it to himself so as not to stop these signings from coming. As others have said, Barton is far more badly behaved than Bellamy and seemingly more violent as well. Therefore, why didn't he say Newcastle shouldn't buy Barton. If an ambassador for Spurs started saying things like that to the press about a signing we might be making, I would be very angry.

I dont recall Barton f****** Newcastle over. Or taking the piss out of our fans. Bellamy has though.

None of which is the main point, if he wants to undermine the manager, then he should give up his role as ambassador. Or is this a meaningless position which comes with no responsibility?

I dont recall Barton f****** Newcastle over. Or taking the piss out of our fans. Bellamy has though.

None of which is the main point, if he wants to undermine the manager, then he should give up his role as ambassador. Or is this a meaningless position which comes with no responsibility?

Of course it is meaningless. He does, however, have the respect of most fans. If he wants to have a pop at the dwarf then that is absolutely fine by me. Scraping the barrel with that line of argument by the way.