Shearer express opinion shocker - on Bellamy

bodson

if you can accept all the grief that little d**k caused us then fair enough but im sick of the dwarf!

:rant:

Tbf Bellamy caused me very little grief and gave me a lot of pleasure when he played for us. Certainly far less grief than the club (and Souness in particular) caused when they effectively engineered his move away from the club.

Well there is no issue here at all. Shearer's done nothing wrong. He has done a talk in and in HIS opinion he doesn't think we should sign Bellamy back. Thats the be all and end all of this. Of course Shearer is a cancer to this club though and we will never win anything until his life ends. Worst thing to ever happen to the club.

Yes, that's what people are saying, not that as an official ambassador for the club he should keep his neb out of any real or imagined signings.

Well there is no issue here at all. Shearer's done nothing wrong. He has done a talk in and in HIS opinion he doesn't think we should sign Bellamy back. Thats the be all and end all of this. Of course Shearer is a cancer to this club though and we will never win anything until his life ends. Worst thing to ever happen to the club.

1. As an employee off the club do you really think Shearer should be publicly critical of a player that the clubs manager might be considering signing?

2. Stop going overboard. Nobody has said anything of the sort.

well thats a bit like saying your brother offering his opinions on your ex, then his ex rounding on him.

or Souness slating Keegan, and Keegan rounding on Andy Cole.

More people will always side with Shearer because the sun shines out of his golden plated buttocks at this club and he is still part of the club for some people.

I have little time for Bellamy so I wouldnt turn my nose up, but quite agree about the double standards.

Gullit offers his opinion on Shearer = vindictive.

Shearer offers his opinion - ie. having a snipe like Gullit - on Bellamy = a round of applause & pats on the back allround.

Shearer was quite correct. The evidence is there. Gullit expressed his opinion based on what? Nb: Gullit offered his opinion shortly after Shearer was voted in the top 3 players in the world.

Two very different situations. Quite scarey that people are going to such lengths to defend the little prick. Or maybe they are the people who reckoned every article or person who castigated him was unreliable. The problem being that those articles just keep on coming.

at the end of the day newcastle fans will believe any s**** that shearer comes out with.

how is joey barton a good signing, but bellamy would be a disaster?

Where did Shearer say that, then?

he didn't you tit. i just forgot to press the return key.

you might want to take your bell end out of shearers arse though.

at the end of the day newcastle fans will believe any s**** that shearer comes out with.

mackems.gif

Bellamy fans are so touchy.

Why the fuck anyone gives a toss what Shearer says is beyond me. Some people, including parts of the media as well as NUFC fans, seem to run around in circles screaming like schoolgirls in their bedrooms when the newest Bros single is played on the radio, or something.

Shearer was a very good striker in his day, and a man who retired a season or two too late. Beyond that, i can't see why anyone would find his opinions worth much. He was full of shit about Parker, and that seems to have continued to the Bellamy thing too.

Why the f*** anyone gives a toss what Shearer says is beyond me. Some people, including parts of the media as well as NUFC fans, seem to run around in circles screaming like schoolgirls in their bedrooms when the newest Bros single is played on the radio, or something.

Shearer was a very good striker in his day, and a man who retired a season or two too late. Beyond that, i can't see why anyone would find his opinions worth much. He was full of s*** about Parker, and that seems to have continued to the Bellamy thing too.

That's basically what I think. NUFC fans seem to think that if Shearer says something it must be true.

And Ozzie. I'm not a 'Bellamy fan', i'm a Newcastle supporter, and whilst my attendance at games last season slipped to around 10 only, I still want us to have the best chance of winning. And I believe Bellamy would enhance our chances of winning games, regardless of his off-the-field behaviour.

Joey Barton is 20 times worse than Bellamy as a human being, if you believe media reports, so why don't you all condem his signing? Is it because he is a decent player?

I'm not particularly happy about us signing Barton as it goes, but the difference between him and Bell-end is that Barton hasn't burnt his bridges with us yet.

Neither has Bellamy, unless you are stupid enough to pay attention to what Shearer says.

He has. Unless youre stupid enough not to listen to the away crowd at Anfield when he rejoiced in front of them. Or at home when he was rightly castigated for fucking the club over. I suspect you are though.

Too many incidents for even the most myopic to ignore.

I assume that you know more about Bellamy than Alan Shearer? Given your dismissal of what he has said? I could bring up several others who have said similar. It seems you know more about the dwarf. So tell us all.

Gullit offers his opinion on Shearer = vindictive.

Shearer offers his opinion - ie. having a snipe like Gullit - on Bellamy = a round of applause & pats on the back allround.

Shearer was quite correct. The evidence is there. Gullit expressed his opinion based on what? Nb: Gullit offered his opinion shortly after Shearer was voted in the top 3 players in the world.

Two very different situations. Quite scarey that people are going to such lengths to defend the little prick. Or maybe they are the people who reckoned every article or person who castigated him was unreliable. The problem being that those articles just keep on coming.

Gullit dropped Shearer after he'd went 3 months without a goal in open play. Had it been Ferguson that started that game rather than Robinson, there couldn't have been many complaints.

There were plenty of fans who knew the quality of Alan Shearer and did complain. It wasnt exactly a difficult job. Those who know fuck all about football might have been moaning. Those with any idea about it complained.

The old cliche about form being temporary and class permanent is valid in this case. Shearers history of goal scoring and the fact that he still scored over 20 that season and 30 the season after tells you all you need to know. You dont drop a player of Shearers calibre for a kid. That is the point. He did drop him for the wrong reasons. Nothing at all to do with football. It was something Gullit stuck with after bitching about Shearer prior to becoming Newcastle manager.

As i say, very different situation to the notion that Bellamy got anything other than what he deserved. Some people just want to stick their head in the sand and say he was loved by his teammates, did fuck all wrong etc despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary from a range of sources.

The fact remains that Shearer has a level of respect earned from his time here. That he earned the respect means his words are always going to hold more sway than a kid who reckoned he lost his mobile phone, then later admitted he hadnt (plenty of gullible people believed him the first time around too) etc etc

The football world will be better without Bellamy never mind Newcastle. Just in case you havent grasped it yet: I cant abide the little prick simply because he fucked us over far too many times during and after his stint here. No amount of talent will ever cover for that.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

But the way I see it is that Shearer is an ambassador to your club now, and his role is to encourage players to join and portray Newcastle as a good club to potential signings. Therefore, even if it is his own opinion, he should keep it to himself so as not to stop these signings from coming. As others have said, Barton is far more badly behaved than Bellamy and seemingly more violent as well. Therefore, why didn't he say Newcastle shouldn't buy Barton. If an ambassador for Spurs started saying things like that to the press about a signing we might be making, I would be very angry.

But the way I see it is that Shearer is an ambassador to your club now, and his role is to encourage players to join and portray Newcastle as a good club to potential signings. Therefore, even if it is his own opinion, he should keep it to himself so as not to stop these signings from coming. As others have said, Barton is far more badly behaved than Bellamy and seemingly more violent as well. Therefore, why didn't he say Newcastle shouldn't buy Barton. If an ambassador for Spurs started saying things like that to the press about a signing we might be making, I would be very angry.

blueyes.gif