Shearer express opinion shocker - on Bellamy

bodson

Guest Knightrider

Can someone summarise HTT's (pre-prepared) post for me? :razz:

Yous are all cunts, well those slagging the great man ;)

are you talking about the great man Allardyce?

what if he actually does want to sign Bellamy? As you keep saying we must trust our genius leader, and Bellamy fits the preferred mould of wayward talent rather than model pro

oh HTT, you must be so conflicted right now, I feel for you

Ah you see, unlike some, I wouldn't start abusing the manager or demanding him out or even criticise him if he did indeed sign Bellamy. I wouldn't like it one bit but I'd support the manager. However it isn't going to happen and has never been on the cards at any time. Those who actually think there is a possibility need help :lol:

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for like...

Just typed the full page up...

Shearer....on Re-Signing Bellamy

"I was having a few days away in France with Gary Speed and Steve Harper and the wives and I picked up a newpaper. I was having a fantastic day. But when I read Bellamy for Newcastle, I thought I would definitely have to have another drink, so I had several.

I'm the worst dancer you have ever seen. I have two or three left feet. I had heard Bellamy might be coming so I thought I had to get drunk and throw some shapes. At least I was trying to throw some shapes.

Has no-one learned their lesson about signing him? If only Rafa Benitez had rang me, I would've told him exactly what he was like. I hope there isn't anything in it. It would be interesting, especially when McDermott is still here because there was a scuffle at Anfield when Craig & Terry were coming down the tunnel"

Thank gawd for Terry Mac, glad we've got him instead of Bellamy.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Terry Mac has done more for NUFC than Bellamy ever has done - FACT.

and you've never slagged the coaching staff :lol:

Guest donandy

!!! NEWS FLASH !!!

BELLAMY IS NOT COMING TO NEWCASTLE

A source, known as 'Donandy' is stood on the tyne bridge equipped with knuckle dusters and submachine guns to keep the small welsh git away.

FACT: BELLAMY WILL NOT COME TO NEWCASTLE. IT'S A LOAD OF BULLSHITE

Guest Invicta_Toon

reports are coming in that a spotty 7 stone teenager has been thrown off the tyne bridge by an unknown attacker

police are looking for an angry welsh dwarf in a red shirt

reports are coming in that a spotty 7 stone teenager has been thrown off the tyne bridge by an unknown attacker

police are looking for an angry welsh dwarf in a red shirt

The irony :razz:

In his ambassadorial role is Al getting paid from the club? If he is (& I'm assuming he isn't by his comments) he really should not be slagging off Bellender in public no matter his private thoughts.

We all know Bellender was a proper tool but he was also a good player for us. If Al wants to get his revenge for the texts etc why doesn't he just go down & belt him one? This running fued should have finished long ago.

So joking about Bellamy to an audience of pissed up workers at an after dinner do, is wrong, but belting him one is OK? JWTBH :lol:

Absolutely, so long as Al doesn't then tell a bunch of pissed up punters at an after dinner do.  :rockyII: :rockyII:

You obviously weren't around in the 70s when MacDermott had made his name with Newcastle and then openly stated he wanted to play for Liverpool. When Newcastle tried to hold on to him he actually stopped trying when on the park.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Bellamy never gave less than 100% in a black and white shirt and seemed to get along with most people at the club, exception being Shearer who felt his supremacy within SJP threatened by a Bellamy/Kluivert partnership.

Shearer helps get rid of our best player at the time, Bellamy

So Shearer phoned up Sky, set up the cameras and shouted "roll" then? Hadaway in s**** man. You've been anti-Shearer for years now.

No he didn't.

Shearer is far more subtle than that, and if you don't realise he helped orchestrate Bellamy's departure then you are being a bit naive.

Don't know if I am anti-Shearer, but yes I have been critical of him which of course goes very much against the grain round here.

Great centre forward - just over stepped his mark - and judging by today's press looks like he STILL is.

Guest Knightrider

You obviously weren't around in the 70s when MacDermott had made his name with Newcastle and then openly stated he wanted to play for Liverpool. When Newcastle tried to hold on to him he actually stopped trying when on the park.

Disgraceful behaviour.

As was Bellamy feigning injury, going back on a behind closed doors handshake with the chairman and manager to speak to sky live on air and all arranged, to call them liars and thus dragging the club's name through the mud... for the umpteenth time. But still, lets not allow facts to get in the way of a good old rant eh.

As for the 100% thing, you make out like that's something Bellamy alone has a monopoly on. The man you're blasting to defend this welsh cretin also gave 100% and and then sum.

Also can you explain how exactly Shearer got rid of Bellamy, can you back that absurd and pathetic comment up?

Sad.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Disgraceful behaviour.

As was Bellamy feigning injury, going back on a behind closed doors handshake with the chairman and manager to speak to sky live on air and all arranged, to call them liars and thus dragging the club's name through the mud... for the umpteenth time. But still, lets not allow facts to get in the way of a good old rant eh.

As for the 100% thing, you make out like that's something Bellamy alone has a monopoly on. The man you're blasting to defend this welsh cretin also gave 100% and and then sum.

Also can you explain how exactly Shearer got rid of Bellamy, can you back that absurd and pathetic comment up?

Sad.

once again, signing barton makes these pontifications look ridiculous

Guest Invicta_Toon

Shearer went through the motions under Gullit. FACT!

he thought he was a good technical coach going by this speech

Guest Knightrider

Which incidentally coincided with an injury and a bad run of form.

Not that this has anything to do with anything like.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Sad.

You're the only one ranting, and I'm certainly not blasting Shearer. I just think his comments are inappropriate and somewhat undermine the new manager.

Are you a trainee Sun journalist ?

Helping Shepherd get rid of SBR and bringing in his mate Souness as replacement certainly helped in Bellamy's exit.

Guest Knightrider

Vic I'm not even going to be drawn into any of your sad little games here because quite frankly, I can't be arsed. You carry on though :lol:

I've nowt against Shearer and I'll always admire him for what he did. But to suggest he was giving 100% all the time for Gullit is bollocks I'm afraid. Of course there were mitigating factors (Gullit not rating him). There were for Bellamy too though (i.e. Souness). I'm not comparing the two in terms of professionalism or off-the-field attitude before anyone jumps on that btw.

Guest Knightrider

Disgraceful behaviour.

Sad.

You're the only one ranting, and I'm certainly not blasting Shearer. I just think his comments are inappropriate and somewhat undermine the new manager.

Helping Shepherd get rid of SBR and bringing in his mate Souness as replacement certainly helped in Bellamy's exit.

Undermine the new manager, how by cracking a few jokes about not signing Bellamy? You're reading into things way too much. For one we aren't and won't be interested in Bellamy so it's a moot point anyway.

As for the journalist thing, I could say the same about you with some of your 2+2 = 5 assumptions, i.e. Shearer got rid of Sir Bobby and Bellamy. Very sun like :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic I'm not even going to be drawn into any of your sad little games here because quite frankly, I can't be arsed. You carry on though :lol:

true, true, you can't coax an unarmed man into a firefight

One thing for sure, if I were Newcastle's new manager I'd have woken up this morning thinking "Oh no he's not still at it is he, am I just the next Newcastle manger who will have to operate under the shadow of Shearer"

Hopefully with a new, much more serious businessman in charge we will see an end to his influence within the club.

Guest Knightrider

I've nowt against Shearer and I'll always admire him for what he did. But to suggest he was giving 100% all the time for Gullit is bollocks I'm afraid. Of course there were mitigating factors (Gullit not rating him). There were for Bellamy too though (i.e. Souness). I'm not comparing the two in terms of professionalism or off-the-field attitude before anyone jumps on that btw.

Aye but I've never claimed he gave 100% under Gullit. I do feel though under Gullit Shearer's going through the motions as you put it were symptomatic of the whole team at times and we can't ignore he was suffering with fitness and lack of confidence due to a poor run of form and to his credit he admits he didn't do himself justice in many games for Newcastle as much as he'd have liked to, especially post injury.

Guest Knightrider

One thing for sure, if I were Newcastle's new manager I'd have woken up this morning thinking "Oh no he's not still at it is he, am I just the next Newcastle manger who will have to operate under the shadow of Shearer"

Hopefully with a new, much more serious businessman in charge we will see an end to his influence within the club.

I'm sure Allardyce is intelligent enough to take such quotes for what they are, that's if he even gives a shit in the first place, which I doubt he does. Again you're reading way too much into things. Still I expect to see such stories about Shearer undermining the new manager continue... I mean if people on here are suggesting it, it won't take long for the likes of the sun to.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Sad.

Undermine the new manager, how by cracking a few jokes about not signing Bellamy? You're reading into things way too much. For one we aren't and won't be interested in Bellamy so it's a moot point anyway.

As for the journalist thing, I could say the same about you with some of your 2+2 = 5 assumptions, i.e. Shearer got rid of Sir Bobby and Bellamy. Very sun like :lol:

You have to realise that Shearer "cracking a few jokes" (euphemism for sticking the knife in again) is not quite the same as you or I cracking a few jokes. The fact that his remarks are in today's nationals and a lead story on BBC prove that.

Shearer is a very smart man and would not be surprised at the reaction his comments provoked.