Shearer express opinion shocker - on Bellamy

bodson

Just typed the full page up...

Shearer....on Re-Signing Bellamy

"I was having a few days away in France with Gary Speed and Steve Harper and the wives and I picked up a newpaper. I was having a fantastic day. But when I read Bellamy for Newcastle, I thought I would definitely have to have another drink, so I had several.

I'm the worst dancer you have ever seen. I have two or three left feet. I had heard Bellamy might be coming so I thought I had to get drunk and throw some shapes. At least I was trying to throw some shapes.

Has no-one learned their lesson about signing him? If only Rafa Benitez had rang me, I would've told him exactly what he was like. I hope there isn't anything in it. It would be interesting, especially when McDermott is still here because there was a scuffle at Anfield when Craig & Terry were coming down the tunnel"

Shearer...the truth about me and Gullit.

I always get the brunt of this but he came in and disregarded Rob Lee, Stuart Pearce, Nikos Dabizas, John Barnes and players like that. He couldn't do it to me because of the position I had and the goals I had scored.

He took the captaincy away from Rob Lee, from my best pal. I couldn't turn it down. Rob said to me, "You deserve it, you do it". But it was the way things were done against Sunderland I didn't like. We were doing set-pieces in the morning and I realised: "I'm not involved. I might have a problem". We got to the ground for Sunderland, the biggest game of the season. I looked up and there's the team and my name wasn't on it.

He could have pulled me to one side but he hadn't. I wasn't playing and myself and Duncan Ferguson were on the bench. Next day, I decided I was going to confront him. I got there, burst through the door, and there's Big Dunc sat there and he had already torn strips off him.

But the day after, he was gone. I actually thought he was a good coach. His sessions were very good and made a lot of sense but the man-management was very poor"

Shearer...on Roy Keane

I put one of my houses up for sale for £750,000 and he came to look at it and it went up to £6m when I found out it was him. I don't know him personally but I have got a tremendous amount of respect for him as a player on the football pitch.

He was one of those players where if we had had 11 Roy Keanes on the pitch on our team, we would have gone on to be very successful. But I have never spent any time with him one on one

Shearer...on Singing on Bebo

We were driving through Ponteland and we both had had a good day and we put a particular song on and I was singing away and little did I know, she's taping me on a phone.

We got to the World Cup last year and I got a call in my hotel room saying: "There's something came out which you might not appreciate".

I just sank. I was relieved when they told me it was only me singing in the car. I didn't know what it was. I tried to stop it but in the end I said, "Play it" because I was so relieved. It was a lesson to her and my other daughter that you can't just throw things like that around

Shearer...on Best Managers

Bobby Robson was fantastic. He pulled the club up. It was on its way down before he came. We would have been relegated had he not came in. He saved my career.

Kenny Dalglish at Blackburn was brilliant for us. He won the double at Liverpool and won the title at Blackburn, then came here. It was a case of the right man at the wrong time. Taking over from Kevin Keegan was never ever going to be easy, with everything going on at the PLC at the time. It was very difficult and he did sign some poor players.

Graeme Souness I actually liked. What Graeme found difficult was that he was a man's man and if you were poor, he would tell you. But the way players are today. they don't appreciate it and they wanted arms around them and that was the problem - players took the hump.

Shearer...On Going Into Management

I have just finished my badges. I have my B badge, which I did 3-years ago, and my A badge I just finished two months ago. So I could go into management now if I wanted to, but why should I? There is only one place I am going to go when I do so I just wanted to enjoy some time out.

My wife says: "We see less of you now than the previous 10 years" so I'm going to take a time of time to spend with the family. But I will do it one day. If I get to 50 or 55 and I look back and I haven't done it, I will regret it, but I don't know when I will do it

Thanks a lot for that

Guest Invicta_Toon

he's living in a dream world if he thinks he will just be swanning in here to be the manager when we've won the premiership

Guest Invicta_Toon

Painfully unfunny.

you're not the best judge of humour though are you melans, I think that's a well known fact round here

Move on Alan, whatever you think of Bellendamy.

??? :rolleyes:

I'll have to guess from smilies what you mean, but will respond in words.

Alan Shearer no longer plays for Newcastle United, he is entitled to opinions, obviously, even though he supported Souness until the end.

Feel free to respond with rolling eyes.

Where does it show in any way he is not "over it"? Bellamy is being linked to the club and with the history between the two he is going to be asked about. Not like he is hounding the press to talk about Bellamy.

And regarding Souness what was he supposed to do? He played his role as club captain that is all.

But any excuse to have a go for some people I guess. Rolling eyes in full swing.

Move on Alan, whatever you think of Bellendamy.

??? :rolleyes:

I'll have to guess from smilies what you mean, but will respond in words.

Alan Shearer no longer plays for Newcastle United, he is entitled to opinions, obviously, even though he supported Souness until the end.

Feel free to respond with rolling eyes.

Where does it show in any way he is not "over it"? Bellamy is being linked to the club and with the history between the two he is going to be asked about. Not like he is hounding the press to talk about Bellamy.

And regarding Souness what was he supposed to do? He played his role as club captain that is all.

But any excuse to have a go for some people I guess. Rolling eyes in full swing.

Yep, I'm obsessed. Regarding Souness, read the whole thing.

Plus fact is also, when Souness did get the sack Shearer was one of the first to act professionaly and move on. Not speaking about it in the media just about what needed to be done. Same goes when Roeder got the job, and when Allardyce was appointed.

Yep, I'm obsessed. Regarding Souness, read the whole thing.

I did, and?

but he clearly didn't have a problem with souness

But we didn't know that at the time, people were quick to point out he was keeping quiet as to not draw attention to the club but thought he should speak out.

but he clearly didn't have a problem with souness

But we didn't know that at the time, people were quick to point out he was keeping quiet as to not draw attention to the club but thought he should speak out.

Oh, 'people'.

Tell you what, he should give his undivided attention to every deal done at Newcastle, real or imagined.

I hope Ashley comes in and puts an end to all the shitdippers hanging around the Club. Hall, Shepherd and Shearer all from a now (recent) bygone age.

f*** the lot of them - time to move on let the spineless'ambassador' suck Linacres cock in the BBC studio sine die.

Why does Shearer not try explain why two of his final three managers tried to peddle him? The  one who gave him a new contract knew it was his survival ticket - and he f***** the Club over big style with Shearers full backing.

So true.

Shearer was the only player who wanted Bellamy out, most others only saying good things about his time at the club.

Shearer then claimed to be instrumental in getting his mate Owen to come here for £115 K per week which we must be so thankful for given the commitment and passion he has shown for the club since signing !

so what's the perceived wisdom these days about bellamy then?

that he was fully justified in all the things he did in his time at the club such as throwing chairs at members of the coaching staff, assaulting a woman amongst other drink related indiscretions, allegedly trying to strike bobby robson before being floored by shearer, going on tv calling his manager (granted a total twat) a liar

unless i'm wrong souness was backed up by shepherd 100% in his claims that bellamy claimed to be injured before the game but bellamy denied having said it...?  so we are we believing bellamy now, if so why?

as i say there seems to have been revising of perceptions and viewpoints about bellamy and i seem to have beeen left behind so it's genuine question to all of the above

Guest Armchair Pundit

Bellamy's a scrote and we really don't need him back at our club. I think Al's spot on tbh.

agreed

people overstate the "he played with fire/passion" for the shirt stuff - he plays no differently now for liverpool and with no more or no less passion than he did for us

plus he's attacking his own players with golf clubs and as a result probably gonna be driven out of historically the most successful club in the country

lest we forget the impact he had when he signed with robert in firing us into the CL and the good times that followed but i see no reason for him to return

he's a fucken little shit and we're better off without him

Guest teepee

i agree with shearer - we shouldn't even consider bringing that little humpbacked cunt back - he had his chance and blew it!

furthermore oba and owen are much better forwards than bellamy, so why would we (if owen isn't leaving)

I can't wait for the Bellamy counter-strike

He may just drop Al a text message.

Craig Bellamy sent a series of abusive text messages to Alan Shearer after going on a bender at a charity golf tournament. Shearer was left "visibly shaken" and "seething" after being taunted by former team-mate Bellamy, 25. Shearer got the messages just minutes after his team's 4-1 defeat against Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final last Sunday. They included insults: "Your legs are gone. You're too old. You're too slow." Another - which made him "turn purple with rage" - reportedly read: "You couldn't even kiss my a**e." Freddie Shepherd then told the Daily Express: “It’s true that messages were received from Bellamy’s phone – but he got more than he bargained for from Alan Shearer. “The text he sent to Kenneth was mildly upsetting (Bellamy must have reminded him who his father was) but what he said to Shearer was insulting. “It was along the lines that he was past it and his legs had gone and that he was going to come back here from Celtic. “I can tell you there is no chance of that. Bellamy has taken on a hero in Alan and there is only one winner of that one. And it is not Bellamy. “Alan might have thought twice about firing off a reply but he was obviously so riled he reacted. He told Bellamy he would knock his block off if he ever set foot back in Newcastle.” Within hours Shapherd was making a statement on the official club website: "Following media reports this morning the chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock seven bells out of anyone."

The only club in the world where the Chairman has had to come out & say one of his players will not being knocking seven bells out of anyone.