Forlan To Villa for £15million?

Decky

"It’s not only Liverpool who’ve asked about signing me. In January, I rejected a loan move to Sunderland. I also know another Premier League club are asking about my availability."

;D 

Bit much at £15million. Didn't prove himself with Man U, why would Villa risk so much on him?  Brummie, what's your take?

i'm expecting to see more of these stories cropping up everyday, especially in relation to the newly taken over "cash-rich" clubs but also in general terms due to the new football deal and extra money swimming about

if you were an agent and wanted some extra cash to buy another ivory backscratcher with  you'd want to be punting your lads to one place and one place only, da loony dollar-dollar bill daft premiershit

Guest GAMMELL

Was watching Revista last night on Sky Sports & he has scored some fabulous goals in his last 2 seasons at Villarreal. £15 million is a tad expensive though.

I thought he looked really good towards the end of his ManUre career. He was scoring goals pretty regularly and his movement off the ball was quality. Bit suprised they sold him when they did tbh.

For some reason South Americans seem to take longer than any other nationality to adapt to the Premier league.

"Its not only Liverpool whove asked about signing me. In January, I rejected a loan move to Sunderland. I also know another Premier League club are asking about my availability."

;D 

Bit much at £15million. Didn't prove himself with Man U, why would Villa risk so much on him?  Brummie, what's your take?

Interesting. This one came from nowhere, tbh. Actually, one thing I am convinced about is that season MON will sign one such player who nobody expected.

In a sense, it makes me nervous, having just waved goodbye to one underperforming South American striker. I'm not arsed about the money - we've obviously got enough, if we pay over the odds for the occasional player we want, then that's fine, just so long as we don't become West Ham and start going crazy with it.

If it is true then I'm happy that we're in a situation where MON has said he wants someone, but he's going to cost a bundle, and the chairman has been good to his word (he's said money isnt a problem) and found the cash.

class player, showed that in the Prem after the drought at the beginning if Darren Bent is going for 18m Forlan for 15 isn't bad for a more skillful player who scores more goals. 19 goals in the league this season and european golden boot winner 2 years ago is top class

His true value is about 10m.. Bent 8m

For one of the top goalscorers in europe?

How did Martins end up to be £10m then?

Because he was fucking shit in the Premier League, playing at the best club aswell! :lol:

One massive, massive risk - and at that price, it really isn't worth it.

He was class after he scored his first goal and got an average of 1 in 3 even though he was in and out of the team then won the european golden boot the year after.

Quality player who I could see being class this time round, Barca are apparently after him anyway so I doubt he'd go to Villa.

He didn't make it in the Premier League. How can anyone argue with that?

He might have got better, aye, and he might do alright second time round - but £15m is just a risk that is seriously not worth taking. There's a vast array of better options for that price and less.

He might have got better, aye, and he might do alright second time round - but £15m is just a risk that is seriously not worth taking. There's a vast array of better options for that price and less.

and its not like he was playing for coventry either is it?  playing in a man u team that always creates shedloads of chances...just wasn't clinical enough when i mattered from what i remember

and its not like he was playing for coventry either is it?  playing in a man u team that always creates shedloads of chances...just wasn't clinical enough when i mattered from what i remember

Too much pressure, should of went to Boro.

To be fair, I don't really have a massive opinion on him either way, I would point out that he only got one season to adapt. Think of how many other excellent players move to England and fail to adapt in their first season.

Shevchenko's had a shite season, but that doesn't make him a shite player.

Had we not all known Forlan from his Man Utd days, I don't think anyone would be batting an eyelid at the £15m fee.

And If Luque never played for us I doubt anyone would be batting their eyelids at his £10 million fee.