The Taylor vs. Huddlestone debate

KaKa

Probably get slated for this given how much most here have seen of him but if it were up to me Nedum Onuoha would be way ahead of Taylor in the England queue. He's no come out of this tournament with the same amount of brownie points as Taylor cos he didn't play on thru his injury - and he hasn't had as much first team action due to the continuing excellence/fitness of Dunne/Distin and his own injury problems, but purely on ability to defend - For me he's miles in front of Taylor. Miles quicker, stronger, smarter, and most importantly I think he's better on fundementals such as positioning. In time I reckon Onuoha could easily play for England (as long as he's alongside a player who can use the ball). No going to pretend I don't look at him thru blue tinted glasses but he was easily Englands man of the tournament for me - best player on the pitch the other night by a f****** street. Never been anything but impressed when he's played in central defence for City either. Shame about the injury problems he's had - kept him off the radar for most non City fans I imagine - I bet most people have never seen him play centre half before this tournament. Turned a few heads tho.

100% agree. Said the same thing yesterday. Looks a major talent. Is he actually going to start for your lot next season?

You would say that though.

Onuoha and Taylor to be Englands first choice CBs in a few years when Terry/Woodgate and Ferdinand are past it?

Or is that very wishful thinking?

Either way both came out of the tournament with an improved reputation, and not just for their football; Taylor for the above and Onuoha I'd say for how he dealt with the racist abuse.

And that video. :lol:

Overall he did have a better tournament I agree.

He is a beast. The next Sol Campbell.

Onuoha just killed Anton Ferdinands England career.

I deleted those exact words from my post before I submitted it. Thought I was getting a bit ahead of myself :laugh:

Hope he can stay fit enough to take over from Distin as one of our first choice centre halves on a permenant basis next season. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever about his ability to play in the Premiership on a consistent basis. :thup:

Looks a major talent. Is he actually going to start for your lot next season?

I hope so.

I deleted those exact words from my post before I submitted it. Thought I was getting a bit ahead of myself :laugh:

Hope he can stay fit enough to take over from Distin as one of our first choice centre halves on a permenant basis next season. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever about his ability to play in the Premiership on a consistent basis. :thup:

I hope so.

So.....£15M for him and Richards? :D

Guest kingdawson

Probably get slated for this given how much most here have seen of him but if it were up to me Nedum Onuoha would be way ahead of Taylor in the England queue. He's no come out of this tournament with the same amount of brownie points as Taylor cos he didn't play on thru his injury - and he hasn't had as much first team action due to the continuing excellence/fitness of Dunne/Distin and his own injury problems, but purely on ability to defend - For me he's miles in front of Taylor. Miles quicker, stronger, smarter, and most importantly I think he's better on fundementals such as positioning. In time I reckon Onuoha could easily play for England (as long as he's alongside a player who can use the ball). No going to pretend I don't look at him thru blue tinted glasses but he was easily Englands man of the tournament for me - best player on the pitch the other night by a f****** street. Never been anything but impressed when he's played in central defence for City either. Shame about the injury problems he's had - kept him off the radar for most non City fans I imagine - I bet most people have never seen him play centre half before this tournament. Turned a few heads tho.

100% agree. Said the same thing yesterday. Looks a major talent. Is he actually going to start for your lot next season?

What are you on about?

I agree that huddlestone is more likley to get a sub apearance for England's first team before Taylor plays for them.  Simply because midfield subs come on willy nilly for England for little reason other then to give them some time on the pitch, especially in friendlies (how else would Jenas ever get a game..).  Which doesn't happen often in the centre of defence.  But if we're talking about starting a competetive England first team game, Taylor will get there first IMO.  There are even more players in line to start games ahead of Huddlestone then there are in front of Taylor..

What are you on about?

Just don't recall you ever being too willing to compliment/prefer/like any of our lot, is all.

Guest kingdawson

I agree that huddlestone is more likley to get a sub apearance for England's first team before Taylor plays for them.  Simply because midfield subs come on willy nilly for England for little reason other then to give them some time on the pitch, especially in friendlies (how else would Jenas ever get a game..).  Which doesn't happen often in the centre of defence.  But if we're talking about starting a competetive England first team game, Taylor will get there first IMO.  There are even more players in line to start games ahead of Huddlestone then there are in front of Taylor..

Not true imho.

Guest kingdawson

What are you on about?

Just don't recall you ever being too willing to compliment/prefer/like any of our lot, is all.

Well that really isnt true and besides the same could be said for a lot of people on this board in regards to spurs players. Dosent really matter though.

I hope so.

Definitely in the mould of Sol Campbell. Hopefully he doesn't get lost in all the new money you are set to get. He should be given a chance or at the very least be the third choice centre back.

What are you on about?

Well that really isnt true and besides the same could be said for a lot of people on this board in regards to spurs players. Dosent really matter though.

Nah, everyone just hates Jenas is all.

Guest kingdawson

What are you on about?

Nah, everyone just hates Jenas is all.

ok whatever.

So.....£15M for him and Richards? :D

I imagine that given todays developments in this part of the world, £15m wouldn't buy their shoelaces.  :razz: :celb:

In celebration of the above, I bring you this completely irrelevant random piece of trivia: Nedum Onuoha was the National under-13 standing triple jump champion in 2000 - 8.72m. :tumbleweed:

Definitely in the mould of Sol Campbell. Hopefully he doesn't get lost in all the new money you are set to get. He should be given a chance or at the very least be the third choice centre back.

I think the only danger of him getting bumped to the bench would be if there are any doubts over his long term fitness. He has had a number of injuries that have kept him out for a while - Doesn't seem to have affected his jet powered heels but there would have to be a question mark over how much he can be relied on to stay fit in the future. Still I'd rather buy cover for him than have him cover for some new bloke. Always want to give the kids a go meself - and especially in the case of Ned, as unlike the previous big breakthrus from the academy - SWP, Barton, Richards - he is a proper blue blooded Mancunian.

Not true imho.

Looks like I'll have to repeat myself...  Given that Huddlestone doesn't even start for the U21's I'd say all of the following would obviously start for England ahead of him:-

Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, David Beckham, Scott Parker, Kieron Dyer, Jermaine Jenas, Joey Barton, Nigel Reo-Coker and Mark Noble.

Given that Taylor is a starter for England U21's and has even Captained his country at that level I can only think of these players obviously being ahead of him:-

Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Jaime Carragher, Ledley King, Sol Campbell, Jonathan Woodgate.

Unless you can think of more defenders that are obviously in front of Taylor, I suppose you could include right backs, but even then...

Would be good for him to just train with the senior squad.

He already has a big ego, imagine if he got his first cap for England, we would have trouble on our hands and he would want away to one of the top 4 straight away!

What makes you say this?

Ive heard that a from a few places actually, apparantly his nicknames 'hollywood' because he thinks/acts like he's a superstar. Obviously I dont know whether its true or not like, and im not claiming to be 'ITK' or anything, but ive heard it a few times from different people. 

Guest Ridzuan

Its no question that Taylor is the best player in the england squad right now whether you want to compare him with Huddlestone or any other player.I think he deserve to play with the first team squad already by the start of next season.

Guest kingdawson

Not true imho.

Looks like I'll have to repeat myself...  Given that Huddlestone doesn't even start for the U21's I'd say all of the following would obviously start for England ahead of him:-

Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, David Beckham, Scott Parker, Kieron Dyer, Jermaine Jenas, Joey Barton, Nigel Reo-Coker and Mark Noble.

Given that Taylor is a starter for England U21's and has even Captained his country at that level I can only think of these players obviously being ahead of him:-

Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Jaime Carragher, Ledley King, Sol Campbell, Jonathan Woodgate.

Unless you can think of more defenders that are obviously in front of Taylor, I suppose you could include right backs, but even then...

What a ridiculous list. All the ones highlighted do not play cm for England except Noble who i disagree with.

Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Jaime Carragher, Ledley King, Sol Campbell, Jonathan Woodgate, Michael Dawson,Wes Brown, Gary Nevile, P.Nevile, luke young, Matthew Upson, Ashley cole, Wayne Bridge, Nick shorey, Michah Richards and Wayne Bridge are all ahead of Taylor. I hope you now realise how stupid your argument sounds when you try and include players that dont even play in the said position.

Not true imho.

What a ridiculous list. All the ones highlighted do not play cm for England except Noble who i disagree with.

Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Jaime Carragher, Ledley King, Sol Campbell, Jonathan Woodgate, Michael Dawson,Wes Brown, Gary Nevile, P.Nevile, luke young, Matthew Upson, Ashley cole, Wayne Bridge, Nick shorey, Michah Richards and Wayne Bridge are all ahead of Taylor. I hope you now realise how stupid your argument sounds when you try and include players that dont even play in the said position.

What a ridiculous list. All the ones highlighted do not play cb for England except Dawson who i disagree with.

Counting Wayne Bridge twice doesn't help your argument either. :lol:

Guest kingdawson

:lol:

Since when do half of those play centre back then?

Is that what he was doing? fair enough, take cole, bridge, shorey and p. nevile from the list and add Onouyou to the list.

Guest kingdawson

Not true imho.

What a ridiculous list. All the ones highlighted do not play cb for England except Dawson who i disagree with.

Counting Wayne Bridge twice doesn't help your argument either. :lol:

So you disagree that Dawson is higher up the pecking order then Taylor?

EDIT oh and Dave, Richards can play centre back and is his prefered position.