Nugent to talk to 2 unnamed clubs

Skirge

McSheff will probably play on the wing, Forsell is a crock, would be suprised if Vine and Campbell made the step up. Not really sure about Jerome.

Correct, McSheffrey plays wide, Forsell's knees are f*****, and even Spudface Bruce must know Campbell belongs in the lower leagues.

Which is where they'll be again after next season, thankfully.

I don't understand why Birmingham signed Forsell.

After rejecting them and failing a medical with us they then go back for him. Muppets.

Sunderland have pulled out the "race" to sign him. http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12599

Looks like the other team, whoever they are have got him now.  Although I don't reckon that's the reason we've pulled out.  Still I'm not that bothered.  I wouldn't have been happy had we signed a Championship striker for £7M.

I think you's are signing Stan Collymore if my sources are correct.

i think thats why the Mackems have prob pulled out of deal. I think they maybe getting Smith.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=465747&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

£9m Defoe shock: Sunderland bid for Tottenham star

Last updated at 17:29pm on 2nd July 2007

Comments

Sunderland have made an audacious £9million bid for Tottenham and England striker Jermain Defoe.

The move is likely to spark a bidding war among Premiership clubs for the former West Ham star.

Defoe struggled to hold down a place in Martin Jol's side last season and the £16.5m arrival of Darren Bent from Charlton has put his position at the club in further doubt.

Portsmouth, Aston Villa and West Ham are also interested in the player and all three have funds available to trump Sunderland's offer.

Defoe, who has two years left on his Spurs contract, is not likely to be tempted by a move to Wearside, which would involve moving 300 miles from his London roots.

The 24-year-old has previously indicated his determination to stay at White Hart Lane and fight for his place although his club are willing to listen to offers.

Defoe's place in Steve McClaren's England squad may also be under threat if he is not playing regularly in the first team.

Spurs have an embarrassment of riches in attack with Bent and Defoe joined by Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane on the squad list for next season.

Egypt striker Mido is also still a Spurs player although he is almost certain to be sold this summer.

Sunderland's offer for Defoe shows the scale of the ambition at the Premiership newcomers. Manager Roy Keane has promised to bring in high-quality players.

Can't see Defoe leaving London at all tbh. Always came as a lad who liked the bright lights of the big city.

If he goes anywhere this summer, I'd say West Ham's the most likely destination. 

I can't see Defoe wanting to go to Sunderland.

Nor can I.  They're still hoping he will sign a new contract and stay at Spurs but I can't see that happening. 

Seems like Nugent will be speaking to Pompey in the next day or two.

Nugent going to Pompey, bid accepted. Set to talk to them today.

Pompey should be a top ten staple for the next couple of years. Wonder if this means they have dropped their interest in Yakubu. Seeing as they are both very different players, maybe not.

Nugent going to Pompey, bid accepted. Set to talk to them today.

Pompey should be a top ten staple for the next couple of years. Wonder if this means they have dropped their interest in Yakubu. Seeing as they are both very different players, maybe not.

I think pompey just go for who they can get, no real criteria. Like a drag net transfer policy.

Guest WalkervilleMag

who are the mackems trying to kid ??  trying to say they have pulled out of the deal, when in fact it was Nugent who told them he did not want to sign for them.

Pity really because i think he is an average championship striker at best, and it would of been good to see them waste 70% of there transfer budget on him.

Defoe ?  no chance,  needs his head examined if he is considering moving there.