Alou Diarra - Equipe.

Optimistic Nut

All of those 'loan ended's and effectively the vast majority of the people in the list that Thespence wrote out, are equally irrelevant. They simply don't count.

That was the point i was making, in a nutshell really, ie - it's unfair to criticise Allardyce's track record like that.

Look at all the loan signings... most of these players were signed as short term moves, probably as cover for what they already had ,so it wasn't really a question of Allardyce wanting these players in the club on a permanent basis.

You do know they were our players, don't you?

Who ever said it was perfect?

The point i am trying to make is that Allardyce's record is a damn site better than what we have (potentially at all times in the Premiership?) had...

Was the fact that he said he had 'more misses than hits', proving this by writing out the entire signings list, that i had a gripe with. What good Premiership manager doesn't?

I''ll bet you every penny I have that Allardyce doesn't finish his time here with a better transfer record than Keegan.

Aye, that's fair enough.

Look at all the loan signings... most of these players were signed as short term moves, probably as cover for what they already had ,so it wasn't really a question of Allardyce wanting these players in the club on a permanent basis.

You do know they were our players, don't you?

This is just getting silly now... :lol:

All of those 'loan ended's and effectively the vast majority of the people in the list that Thespence wrote out, are equally irrelevant. They simply don't count.

That was the point i was making, in a nutshell really, ie - it's unfair to criticise Allardyce's track record like that.

Am I missing something?  They were our players, nowt to do with Allardyce.

Who ever said it was perfect?

The point i am trying to make is that Allardyce's record is a damn site better than what we have (potentially at all times in the Premiership?) had...

Was the fact that he said he had 'more misses than hits', proving this by writing out the entire signings list, that i had a gripe with. What good Premiership manager doesn't?

I''ll bet you every penny I have that Allardyce doesn't finish his time here with a better transfer record than Keegan.

How would you go about judging that?

Sorry, no - i didn't phrase it very well.

All of the 'loan ends' in Sir Bobby's list, and the vast majority of players in Allardyce's list, are of equal irrelevance to the managers' respective track records. If you see what i mean.

Imo, anyway.

:lol: Fair point, Ikon. I've had my two cents, i'd better be moseying on.

;)

;) 

Too bad that no one seems to have seen this guy that much to have a real opinion of him as a player. Inluding me.

Sorry, no - i didn't phrase it very well.

All of the 'loan ends' in Sir Bobby's list, and the vast majority of players in Allardyce's list, are of equal irrelevance to the managers' respective track records. If you see what i mean.

Imo, anyway.

And the players deemed to have been unsuccessful won't be correct either, it's based on recent years for e.g JJ.O,Djorkaeff etc the players he had in his first seasons may acutally have done a good job especially seen as they stayed up.

Sorry for the over-use of profanities, Thespence. Was un-called for.

No problem at all. We talk like this because we care & have opinons :thup:

Nah, i spoke like that cos i was being an over-the-top dickhead. :D

Don't think i've stopped disagreeing with you, mind. :lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Sorry for the over-use of profanities, Thespence. Was un-called for.

No problem at all. We talk like this because we care & have opinons :thup:

FUCKING YEAHHHHHHH

Other than two keepers I'm struggling to name any, Hislop and Hooper are the only two I can remember.

Hottiger, Barton, Fox and Asprilla were all shite.

Paid about £13 million for that lot, what would that be with the inflation on transfers today? £30 millionish?

Other than two keepers I'm struggling to name any, Hislop and Hooper are the only two I can remember.

Hottiger, Barton, Fox and Asprilla were all s****.

Paid about £13 million for that lot, what would that be with the inflation on transfers today? £30 millionish?

******* hell man, give the lad a chance :D

I read  on a Lyon forum and there was a thread about Diarra leaving. I translated about 30 posts with AV as i dont know that much french tbh.

I still could not get that much info about him.

The only post that gave me some optimism about this player was where some guy mentioned that he's been excellent everytime he had seen Diarra play, but too badly he did not play enough. I dont know how that would help us being positive about this, but still, better than saying that he's been really crap there. And i guess you cant be shit if you were in the WC squad for France.

I was going to register myself on that forum and ask for some opinions about him as a player and so on. But i didn't as i guess that generally the french people doesn't want to speak english or cant. Probably better spending time with my dog and learn it to speak chinese..

I read  on a Lyon forum and there was a thread about Diarra leaving. I translated about 30 posts with AV as i dont know that much french tbh.

The only post that gave me some optimism about this player was where some guy mentioned that he's been excellent everytime he had seen Diarra play, but too badly he did not play enough. I dont know how that would help us being positive about this, but still, better than saying that he's been really crap there. And i guess you cant be shit if you were in the WC squad for France.

I was going to register myself on that forum and ask for some opinions about him as a player and so on. But i didn't as i guess that generally the french people doesn't want to speak english or cant. Probably better spending time with my dog and learn it to speak chinese..

Aye the lazy fuckers!

Aye the lazy fuckers!

:lol:

Hottiger, Barton, Fox and Asprilla were all s****.

I wouldn't say they were all shit, Hottiger wasn't that bad and went for more than we paid for him.  Barton was at the club for about 7 years, he struggled when he first arrived but improved.  Fox blew hot and cold but left for a profit and Asprilla left for the same as we paid.

We probably only lost £2 million between the four of them, the biggest and only loss was on Barton who stayed long enough to justify any loss.