Entire board to be booted out

Dave

It's an absolute disgrace that Shepherd is staying on as chairman. This could come back on Ashley if things don't go as planned.

It's not like Shepherd will have much power now. I imagine all player purchases, contracts, etc. will have to go through Ashley for approval.

It's an absolute disgrace that Shepherd is staying on as chairman. This could come back on Ashley if things don't go as planned.

I guess it's more to do with a transition than a vote of confidence.

It's not like Shepherd will have much power now. I imagine all player purchases, contracts, etc. will have to go through Ashley for approval.

Tbh Ashley shouldn't get anywhere near authorising purchases. Sam should be told you have £xmillion to cover transfer and signing on fees and you have an annual wage budget of £xmillion. Use it as you see fit.

This is where a Dein type figure comes in to sort out the fees and wages. We need the manager on the training pitch, not arguing over the last £1k per week on a contract all day. Similarly we don't need the chairman to be making and breaking transfers

He wont be keeping him on to make  morning brunch, I reckon Fred will be "JUST" chief exec for at least a season rather than Chairman,PLC Chairman & Chief exec which he is atm.

He wont be keeping him on to make  morning brunch, I reckon Fred will be "JUST" chief exec for at least a season rather than Chairman,PLC Chairman & Chief exec which he is atm.

Yes. Shepherd isn't popular with the fans but he has his contacts in the football world (Apparently he is quite popular with the other chairmen). He is an employee now so I'm not worried about him. If he screws up he's gone. It's not like he can do crazy contact offers to players in a desperate attempt to get them to sign anymore.

Yes. Shepherd isn't popular with the fans but he has his contacts in the football world (Apparently he is quite popular with the other chairmen). He is an employee now so I'm not worried about him. If he screws up he's gone. It's not like he can do crazy contact offers to players in a desperate attempt to get them to sign anymore.

He'll be really popular with the chairmen of Real Madrid, Deportivo and Rangers.

Tbh Ashley shouldn't get anywhere near authorising purchases.

Why? Buying, selling & negotiating are his main strengths. Football people kid the world that what they do special & unique & it is, they operate in a billion pound industry where most of the business are in debt :uglystupid2:

He'll be really popular with the chairmen of Real Madrid, Deportivo and Rangers.

Why we sold them a crock for about £14 million. Are you on about the Owen deal? Everyone I knew was happy with that deal at the time, as for the other two, aye your reet.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has anyone actually thought that Shepherd might turn this down.

I am not a doctor but a collapsed lung and pneumonia dosnt sound particularly good. If he was my dad, grandad, husband (u know what im gettin at) i would be putting huge pressure on him to retire.

FFS will walk away a very rich man, with no stress levels and with the fans backing as high as it has been for years because of his decision to sell his shares.

Why? Buying, selling & negotiating are his main strengths. Football people kid the world that what they do special & unique & it is, they operate in a billion pound industry where most of the business are in debt :uglystupid2:

Why? Simple. Allerdyce is picking the team and therefore picks the players he wants to fit into that team.

Unless Ashley is also planning to manage the team he is passing the responsibility of choosing the transfer targets to Sam (who then may wish to further delegate to a DoF - but thats a different matter).

Its what Fred has been (quite rightly) lambasted for. Ashley should set the budget and sign the cheque

Guest graemeh72

This surely is a Shepherd PR exercise, that Ashley will have agreed to.

"I'll sell you my shares etc etc, but let me try and save some face by  agreeing to leave at a later date - not with the cull of the board members"

Quid Pro Quo .......PR exercise ....

Why? Simple. Allerdyce is picking the team and therefore picks the players he wants to fit into that team.

I agree that Sam should select the players he wants t buy. But if Ashley wants to do the deal with selling club & the players agent, I dont have  problem with that.

Unless Ashley is also planning to manage the team he is passing the responsibility of choosing the transfer targets to Sam (who then may wish to further delegate to a DoF - but thats a different matter).

Its what Fred has been (quite rightly) lambasted for. Ashley should set the budget and sign the cheque

I don't think he means Ashley to pick the players he wants to buy, he means Ashley will negotiate transfer fee's and contracts with players, although I can see him getting someone else to do all that other than Shepherd.

Why we sold them a crock for about £14 million. Are you on about the Owen deal? Everyone I knew was happy with that deal at the time, as for the other two, aye your reet.

Real Madrid made a £7 million loss on Woodgate, we'll lose more than that if Owen cost the alleged £17 million and goes for the alleged £9 million clause.  A lot of people on here were less than impressed when we signed Owen for £17 million when we felt that the money could have been spent more wisely than a single injury prone player.

I'm not sure he'd have agreed to stay if his role was as diminished as admin as some are suggesting, he might as well just take his money and go if that's the case but he hasn't, which leads me to believe he will still have some influence on what goes on. He may have contacts but what good has it done him over the years? We buy high and sell low, our scouting network is nowhere near good enough, our coaching is nowhere near good enough, we nearly always top the injury tables, he makes a fool of himself and us in the press with grandiose comments and lies, we've been on the slide for years and we sack managers on a regular basis. I don't see how anyone can say we need Shepherd or his 'contacts'. There are many in the industry who could replace him, Shepherd is totally replaceable.

I don't view this as a period of transition at all. It's a takeover with a new manager to boot, that's big news and involves major changes behind the scenes, changes that may disrupt things for a while, but needed to be done. Of course I don't know how much of what has gone on has been Shepherd's doing, but as the chairman I hold him responsible for a lot of what has gone on at this club. To see him remain as chairman is extremely disappointing indeed, the sooner he's gone the better in my view.

I don't know, Shepherd may just be greedy enough to stay on purely to get the remainder of his wages.  Also he might want to stay so that if we do see success he can still say he was technically the chairman.  Even if in reality he had no real say in the club's running.  Who knows, I really just doubt that Ashley will keep him on in any serious capacity for long.

I'm not sure he'd have agreed to stay if his role was as diminished as admin as some are suggesting, he might as well just take his money and go if that's the case but he hasn't, which leads me to believe he will still have some influence on what goes on.

I don't know, Shepherd may just be greedy enough to stay on purely to get the remainder of his wages.

A drop in the ocean given his wealth and potential payoff, surely?

He won't get a payoff if he decides to leave himself.

Also he's a greedy man, the same man that wouldn't sell his shares (something he now admits was for the good of the club) unless he got another 1p per share.  His wages are certainly a drop in the ocean compared to what he's just recieved for his shares.  But I'd bet the 2 years worth of wages he'll be due when Ashley lets him go will be worth well over £1,000,000.

I'm sure he gets the money either way, the only difference would be that the longer he stays the longer it takes to trigger the two year pay-off.

He's a greedy man, the same man that wouldn't sell his shares (something he now admits was for the good of the club) unless he got another 1p per share.  His wages are certainly a drop in the ocean compared to what he's just recieved for his shares.  But I'd bet the 2 years worth of wages he'll be due when Ashley lets him go will be worth well over £1,000,000.

That extra 1p was a childish act of a man who wanted to get one over on the Hall's, he's a petty man who took an extra £300k which will eventually come out of the transfer budget because that's probably the only cost which isn't fixed other than future wages.

He's a greedy man, the same man that wouldn't sell his shares (something he now admits was for the good of the club) unless he got another 1p per share.  His wages are certainly a drop in the ocean compared to what he's just recieved for his shares.  But I'd bet the 2 years worth of wages he'll be due when Ashley lets him go will be worth well over £1,000,000.

That extra 1p was a childish act of a man who wanted to get one over on the Hall's, he's a petty man who took an extra £300k which will eventually come out of the transfer budget because that's probably the only cost which isn't fixed other than future wages.

greedy if you have a silly agenda against someone, astute if you haven't.

Which one is it then?  I didn't mention "greedy" or "astute."

Do you think it's OK for him to take money out of the transfer budget?

Which one is it then?  I didn't mention "greedy" or "astute."

Do you think it's OK for him to take money out of the transfer budget?

Lets put it another way, would you take money from your firm if they were going to pay you off ?

And, have you spent your vouchers at the club shop when you have been given them, did you accept your free scarf ? Or did you tell them to keep it for the transfer budget ?

same thing in principle.

As I said, greedy if you have a silly agenda, astute if you don't. Did you take your dividends if you had shares ? Have you told Ashley to keep the money and let him have them for nothing if you did ? Keep them coming. You're still hilarious.