Entire board to be booted out

Dave

Absolutely, but don't expect thickmick to take any sensible view that doesn;t put Shepherd in a bid light, such is his bitterness at someone actually being better off than him.

What a sad man.

Noticeably, and predictably, he didn't respond to my comments about the failed flotation in 1991, which is of course is because he wasn't interested in the club, preferring to slate the board who attracted him back and made the club the attraction it is today.

He thinks that the club of the 1970's and 1980's were run by a board "the same as" one who qualified for europe on a regular basis ..........  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Classic symptoms of a bandwagon jumper complaining that the success they came back for hasn't materialised.

:sleepy2:

mackems.gif

So predictable, any reason why you took exception to me mentioning the extra penny per share when far worse was said against Shepherd?  Was anything about him hanging on for the extra money not factual? 

One thing I wouldn't mind having cleared up:

When did Shephard join the club, and in what capacity was he before being made chairman? Also, in which year was he made chairman?

From the club accounts ...

William Frederick Shepherd:

Appointed director of the football club in November 1991 and subsequently as chairman in July1998. Appointed as Non-executive director of Newcastle United PLC in December 1998, became a full time Executive Director in August 2001 ands was appointed Chairman in 2002.

(NE5 will disagree with me on this as I've taken it from a club publication, but you can probably assume it is okay)

So in other words, while he was chairman:

Dodgy Dalglish transfers

Appointment of Gullit

Start of decline under Robson commenced shortly after his second spell as chairman commenced

Sacking of Bobby Robson

Appointment of Souness

Signing of Owen and others. Accused by both Souness and Robson as the man actually in charge of transfers.

Appointment of Roeder

Appointment of Allardyce

And while he was at the club, but not chairman:

Appointment of Keegan

Signing of Shearer

2nd in the league

Appointment of Dalglish

Appointment of Robson

Champions League Qualification.

No-one disagrees with any of the statements here then?

When did Shephard join the club, and in what capacity was he before being made chairman? Also, in which year was he made chairman?

Appointed director of the football club in November 1991 and subsequently as chairman in July1998. Appointed as Non-executive director of Newcastle United PLC in December 1998, became a full time Executive Director in August 2001 ands was appointed Chairman in 2002.

(NE5 will disagree with me on this as I've taken it from a club publication, but you can probably assume it is okay)

Dodgy Dalglish transfers

Appointment of Gullit

Start of decline under Robson commenced shortly after his second spell as chairman commenced

Sacking of Bobby Robson

Appointment of Souness

Signing of Owen and others. Accused by both Souness and Robson as the man actually in charge of transfers.

Appointment of Roeder

Appointment of Allardyce

Appointment of Keegan

Signing of Shearer

2nd in the league

Appointment of Dalglish

Appointment of Robson

majority of them are facts, as opposed to opinions, so they just have to be accepted

Dodgy Dalglish transfers

Appointment of Gullit

Sacking of Bobby Robson

Appointment of Souness

Appointment of Roeder

Appointment of Allardyce

Appointment of Keegan

Signing of Shearer

2nd in the league

Appointment of Dalglish

Appointment of Robson

majority of them are facts, as opposed to opinions, so they just have to be accepted

now are we going to sack the man who appoints fat fred ?

Guest WalkervilleMag

i think MQP stands for Manditory Quote Period ?  means i think Ashley now has the 90% and its all systems GO !!!

Dodgy Dalglish transfers

Appointment of Gullit

Sacking of Bobby Robson

Appointment of Souness

Appointment of Roeder

Appointment of Allardyce

Appointment of Keegan

Signing of Shearer

2nd in the league

Appointment of Dalglish

Appointment of Robson

now are we going to sack the man who appoints fat fred ?

macbeth knows better than Ashley  mackems.gif

Wonder if Ashley will allow his daft little organisation a say in running the club, as Fred didn't ?

mackems.gif

Guest elbee909

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Ah, there, enough smilies to validate any dodgy argument

Absolutely, but don't expect thickmick to take any sensible view that doesn;t put Shepherd in a bid light, such is his bitterness at someone actually being better off than him.

What a sad man.

Noticeably, and predictably, he didn't respond to my comments about the failed flotation in 1991, which is of course is because he wasn't interested in the club, preferring to slate the board who attracted him back and made the club the attraction it is today.

He thinks that the club of the 1970's and 1980's were run by a board "the same as" one who qualified for europe on a regular basis ..........  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Classic symptoms of a bandwagon jumper complaining that the success they came back for hasn't materialised.

:sleepy2:

mackems.gif

So predictable, any reason why you took exception to me mentioning the extra penny per share when far worse was said against Shepherd?  Was anything about him hanging on for the extra money not factual? 

Would anyone oppose a specific 'NE5 / Mick' subforum so they can go at each other without annoying the fuck out of the rest of us blueyes.gif

Would anyone oppose a specific 'NE5 / Mick' subforum so they can go at each other without annoying the f*** out of the rest of us blueyes.gif

:rolleyes:

If you don't like reading something then don't read it.

Neither.

It was Guardian + Observer + Google, so I reckon that is more of guess than informed, although I will accept calls or emails from Mike Ashley if he needs my advice :uglystupid2:

Good call, it looks like he reads your posts so the e-mails are not needed.  :clap:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Mr Morts email: shall we wish him the best

[email protected]

HI M8, NR1 TOONFAN ERE, AL DA BEST IN UR NU JOB!!!1!

PS CAN WE AV RONALDINO HA!

I have sent him the same asked for Kaka instead though.

He's sent one back already saying 'who'?

He'll fit right in  O0

A few bits & bobs on Steve Hayward, nothing earth shattering.

Hayward has experience in the sport and leisure fields, including spells with Universal/Paramount, Ashley's Sports Direct International and Coca-Cola, where he managed the soft drinks giant's UK sponsorship programme, which saw him work with all the major participants in English football.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2450775,00.html

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Hayward_Steve_596913653.aspx - 2 links dont work

http://bankrupt.com/TCREUR_Public/040302.mbx - He joins SP Holding (Do Ctrl + F on Hayward to find if you can be botherd)

http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?id=200410110700079138D  - He owns nearly 4% of SP Holdings

http://www.advfn.com/news_Awarded-Manchester-United_8103579.html - Does a deal with Man Utd for SP Holdings

http://www.soccerexforum.com/media/Forum_Delegate_List.pdf - Went to fooballs big buisness event

http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?id=200505230835576115M - He leaves SP Holdings

Would anyone oppose a specific 'NE5 / Mick' subforum so they can go at each other without annoying the f*** out of the rest of us blueyes.gif

:rolleyes:

If you don't like reading something then don't read it.

Isn't it too late by then? ;)