Owen very close to leaving?

KaKa

Sounds like Man U are trying to be cute and get Owen as a part swap deal. One recovering crock for another. Luckily there is no way the escape clause can be triggered without a solid £9m offer. Any swap deals with disputers over valuations are depending on our consent - which we won't give.

So fuck of Fergie and fuck off Smith and take your manky swap offers with you please.

Just seen a report that Man Utd have been turned down in their work permit application for that Brazilian kid Anderson:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007300004,00.html

If they can't get him, maybe this increases the chances of them coming in for Owen?

bet they'll get it on appeal

Its not football manager man.  Rarely works like that.  I can only remember 1 appeal being succesful - Juninho to boro where they showed them videos of his showboating etc.  Anyone remember any others?

Just seen a report that Man Utd have been turned down in their work permit application for that Brazilian kid Anderson:

If they can't get him, maybe this increases the chances of them coming in for Owen?

Its not football manager man.  Rarely works like that.  I can only remember 1 appeal being succesful - Juninho to boro where they showed them videos of his showboating etc.  Anyone remember any others?

we had to appeal once for someone,can't remember who and we won.

put football permit appeal into google and you'll find a few.

Guest Darth Toon

Might be they can sign him then send him somewhere on loan for a while until he gets a few more caps under his belt.

We also appealed when we had Brad Friedel and lost.

Darlington on the other hand appealed to sign Asprilla and won...only for him to do a runner. Wouldn't surprise me if he agreed to sign thinking he'd not get the permit, then when they granted him one thought, "Sh*t, what have I done".

i dont play football manager and it very often works like that.

Guest johnson293

Darlington on the other hand appealed to sign Asprilla and won...only for him to do a runner. Wouldn't surprise me if he agreed to sign thinking he'd not get the permit, then when they granted him one thought, "Sh*t, what have I done".

Did he actually agree to join them?

I was on holiday in Gran Canaria at the time, and remember seeing that on SSN in a bar.

But I'm sure I read that he was under the impression he was coming as a publicity thing, but George Reynolds told the press he was gonna sign him. On arriving, George got him to hold the shirt up and stuff for the pics, and Asprilla was none the wiser that everyone thought he was actually joining Darlo!!

It was apparently all part of some scam or other by Reynolds - and never a true intention to sign Asprilla.

Maybe what I read was bollocks tho'??!!