Owen very close to leaving?

KaKa

We should re-sign Martins, and i think we will.

Owen really doesn't have us over a barrel anymore, not with the compensation money, i'd imaging we'd want rid of him now as much as he wants to leave, only no one is coming forward as a buyer.

I hope it is Citeh, they'll end up paying £12-14m as well, we'd be laughing if that happened.

Have Barton take him out when we play City next season as well, something like that Parker tackle on Joe Cole couple of seasons ago.

Spin motherfucker, spin.

:D

I could live with that.

"Now listen here. I'm rich enough to pay your wages for the next 2 years of your life AND sign someone better than you to take your place. So you've got a choice. You either decide if you want to stay or go in the next 3 seconds or I'll make the fucking decision for you. You'll train with the youth's every day for the rest of your contract and I can guarantee you'll not kick a ball in anger for the next 2 years. Now what's it to be?"

M. Ashley to Owen.  O0

I want him to stay, he's a fantastic footballer.

Couldn't give a s*** whether he f****** hates the club or not tbh.

This.

What the hell has Owen actually done wrong? He's not said he hates the club, he's not said he wants away, he hasn't refused to play, when he's played for us, he's scored goals.

It's actually quite ironic because people who say 'don't believe everything you read in the paper' have been influenced by what the papers have said about what Owen wants, he's never actually said himself 'I want to go', it's been the papers saying he wants to go.

Guest eyeball_tickler

This.

What the hell has Owen actually done wrong? He's not said he hates the club, he's not said he wants away, he hasn't refused to play, when he's played for us, he's scored goals.

It's actually quite ironic because people who say 'don't believe everything you read in the paper' have been influenced by what the papers have said about what Owen wants, he's never actually said himself 'I want to go', it's been the papers saying he wants to go.

thank the fucking lord someone agrees with me. ive been saying this for ages but it seems everyone wants to think the worst of him.

True, its not very easy to buy very good players. Perhaps that is why our team is littered with average young and average old players.

THF the main reason I see the want to jump on the "kick owen out bandwagon" is still the issue of massive investment with little pitch time. I personally would like him to stay as he does have at least 3-5 top years in him (injuries making the difference) and for the price we would get back to him I dont see there being a bigger  shirt and marketing seller than owen.

Owen really doesn't have us over a barrel anymore, not with the compensation money, i'd imaging we'd want rid of him now as much as he wants to leave, only no one is coming forward as a buyer.

I hope it is Citeh, they'll end up paying £12-14m as well, we'd be laughing if that happened.

I agree, this compensation news has changed the picture a lot. For starters, we could buy a good player committed to Newcastle even before his transfer fee. We could and buy someone like Tevez, a young top class player with his whole career ahead of him.

He should really now tell us exactly what his intentions are, although the silence says a lot. The club will know however, and if he wants to go they should actively seek to offload him asap safe in the knowledge that we haven't now lost so much money.

I agree, this compensation news has changed the picture a lot. For starters, we could buy a good player committed to Newcastle even before his transfer fee. We could and buy someone like Tevez, a young top class player with his whole career ahead of him.

He should really now tell us exactly what his intentions are, although the silence says a lot. The club will know however, and if he wants to go they should actively seek to offload him asap safe in the knowledge that we haven't now lost so much money.

We've (you & me) discussed this monkey on our back before, and the inevitable kick in the teeth when we offload him or when he decides to jump, but now its a total different scenario, a one where, ok, we can't say we've done well, but take into consideration £3.5m of his fee was money owed, the £10m we've just received of the FA, and the £9m at the least were going to get if he moves, its very much a case of it doesn't matter anymore.

Most NUFC fans didn't want to lose Owen mainly due to getting egg on our face, some wanted to keep the quality of the guy, which there is no disputing over, but injuries, wages, form and contract length suggest off loading him now is a sure winner for the club, and with the extra £10m, we can not look stupid for doing so. Yes it could of been better, but i've said in another thread, Liverpool let go a younger, fitter, faster on form Owen for £8m in his final season, come this time next year and he's still here, we haven't done too bad, if he goes this summer or during the winter window, we've just got to buy correctly this time, and buy a striker that isn't a luxury, and a one that is committed fully to the club.

Credit where credits due, FS getting something right again in his final days. On a bit of a role, shame it took him 10 years ;) (Although we'll no go there)

That would be like every Christmas and Birthday coming at once, if Owen goes for £9 million and we get £10 million compensation then we could add another £5 million as a first bid.

I've seen figures mentioned about him going for as much as £34 million but that seems way OTT.

That would be like every Christmas and Birthday coming at once, if Owen goes for £9 million and we get £10 million compensation then we could add another £5 million as a first bid.

I've seen figures mentioned about him going for as much as £34 million but that seems way OTT.

That's the thing that puzzles me.

If a monster bid comes in for Tevez, who gets the money? Do West Ham actually own him? Was that ever cleared up? Suppose Real Madrid come in with £30m, will West Ham have that cash to spend? :undecided:

Even better if Citeh pay proper money for Owen. Could be the signing that changes this club, but i doubt he'd come here, unless he sees further into his own future than i give him credit for, but i doubt he'll stick around his current club in the capital, we'd have to pay a huge wages for him, and it would right now be same old, doing what we did with Owen.

I'm sure i read a couple of days after the inital £9m clause for Owen was leaked and things settled down that it actually turned out to be £11m. I can't remember which newspaper i read it but i'm sure i read it in a couple of different places.

Has anyone at NUFC confirmed the actual release clause price? I can understand why they wouldn't want to but just wondered if they had?

If a monster bid comes in for Tevez, who gets the money? Do West Ham actually own him? Was that ever cleared up? Suppose Real Madrid come in with £30m, will West Ham have that cash to spend? :undecided:

WHU get less than 10%.

WHU get less than 10%.

In that case there's a fucking rabbit away somewhere along the line...

Guest WalkervilleMag

we could just offer him a free transfer now.  Before it mattered with the old Board and critical debt, now we have a billionaire owner. 

get rid a sign Bent i say,  both will get you 20 goals a season if fit. one costs £16 million to buy, the other costs us 105k per week

we could just offer him a free transfer now.  Before it mattered with the old Board and critical debt, now we have a billionaire owner. 

get rid a sign Bent i say,  both will get you 20 goals a season if fit. one costs £16 million to buy, the other costs us 105k per week

:o

I've read that West Ham get nothing but I have no idea as something changed after the inquiry.  I don't know if he was bought or officially loaned.  I've seen quotes from the West Ham chairman saying that he's not for sale, I've no idea.

its to quiet aroudn owen, dunno what will happen, hope he stays, cause face it, what has he don' for Newcastle so far, i would want hime to stay and give us something in return for his long injuries.

on the other hand, will he be fit for the whole season.

we'll see, don't think he will go anywhere, but ya never now then do ya

People seem to be saying it's acceptable for him to go for £9 million now that we've got compensation for him being out, when in truth Shepherds good work in getting compensation for him has been cancelled out by the idiotic release clause he let be inserted.

WHU get less than 10%.

This is all I've found so far:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2617382.ece

Now the intention is to pair the two in a new-look strike-force with Carlos Tevez almost certain to leave the club once a fee is agreed with one of the clubs - primarily Real Madrid and Chelsea - who have registered an interest. It is thought that Tevez could cost as much as £32m. West Ham will not receive any of the transfer fee.

WHU get less than 10%.

This is all I've found so far:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2617382.ece

Now the intention is to pair the two in a new-look strike-force with Carlos Tevez almost certain to leave the club once a fee is agreed with one of the clubs - primarily Real Madrid and Chelsea - who have registered an interest. It is thought that Tevez could cost as much as £32m. West Ham will not receive any of the transfer fee.

So they apparently own him but won't get a penny if he's sold...

Dodgy. As. Fuck.  :cheesy: