Owen very close to leaving?

KaKa

This lot seem to think they own him, trying to buy him would be a nightmare as you'd have to identify the true owner first. :lol:

http://www.mediasportsinvestments.com/

That's what I mean! This is why I think Sheff Utd may yet still have a chance to stay up. Something's not right about the whole Tevez thing. Either they own him and they signed him legit or they didn't and they should lose points over it.

Who the fuck do you make the cheque payable to?  :lol:

Guest Moe-Ali

Signing Michael Owen has been a mill stone round the neck of NUFC.  If we can spoon him off for 9 million and get our 10 million compo, we could sign another proven goal scorer.  One that doesn't come with baggage.

Or we could keep him and buy a whole new back four and some new mids and maybe another striker.

That's what I mean! This is why I think Sheff Utd may yet still have a chance to stay up. Something's not right about the whole Tevez thing. Either they own him and they signed him legit or they didn't and they should lose points over it.

Who the f*** do you make the cheque payable to?  :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Sports_Investment

Abramovich is rumoured to have a 15% stake in MSI, that really would be a conflict of interest if the owner of Chelsea was also the co-owner of somebody playing for the opposition although is that not what happens when a player is on loan anyway?

Who the f*** do you make the cheque payable to?  :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Sports_Investment

Abramovich is rumoured to have a 15% stake in MSI, that really would be a conflict of interest if the owner of Chelsea was also the co-owner of somebody playing for the opposition although is that not what happens when a player is on loan anyway?

Can open. Worms all'ower.  :lol:

This lot seem to think they own him, trying to buy him would be a nightmare as you'd have to identify the true owner first. :lol:

http://www.mediasportsinvestments.com/

Who the fuck do you make the cheque payable to?  :lol:

.......well, if they aren't sure .....  :coolsmiley:

I want him to stay, he's a fantastic footballer.

Couldn't give a s*** whether he f****** hates the club or not tbh.

This.

What the hell has Owen actually done wrong? He's not said he hates the club, he's not said he wants away, he hasn't refused to play, when he's played for us, he's scored goals.

It's actually quite ironic because people who say 'don't believe everything you read in the paper' have been influenced by what the papers have said about what Owen wants, he's never actually said himself 'I want to go', it's been the papers saying he wants to go.

thank the f****** lord someone agrees with me. ive been saying this for ages but it seems everyone wants to think the worst of him.

It's not hindsight, at the time I expressed reservations about signing a player who was literally begging one of the top clubs to take him instead. Nothing much has changed really. I rate Owen as the best when it comes to the art of goal-scoring but I don't want a player who would rather be somwhere else. Didn't then and still don't now.

This.

What the hell has Owen actually done wrong? He's not said he hates the club, he's not said he wants away, he hasn't refused to play, when he's played for us, he's scored goals.

It's actually quite ironic because people who say 'don't believe everything you read in the paper' have been influenced by what the papers have said about what Owen wants, he's never actually said himself 'I want to go', it's been the papers saying he wants to go.

thank the f****** lord someone agrees with me. ive been saying this for ages but it seems everyone wants to think the worst of him.

It's not hindsight, at the time I expressed reservations about signing a player who was literally begging one of the top clubs to take him instead. Nothing much has changed really. I rate Owen as the best when it comes to the art of goal-scoring but I don't want a player who would rather be somwhere else. Didn't then and still don't now.

which of the current staff wouldn't move to one of the top 4 if the move came along ?

This.

which of the current staff wouldn't move to one of the top 4 if the move came along ?

Exactly, if other players had a clause letting them go to a top 4 club for less than their value, they'd be off in a shot.

This.

I don't think its an easy question as many would suppose. If I was a player for Newcastle without any ties to the region I would actually consider 1. money and 2. playing time.

Also its not as cut and dry with Owen. Martins would (probably) rather have signed for ManU than us when he left Inter but there is a sense with him (and Emre) that he has made up his mind - with Owen everyone is always waiting for the other shoe to drop and its really annoying.

This.

Exactly, if other players had a clause letting them go to a top 4 club for less than their value, they'd be off in a shot.

sod the clause.....what would happen if man utd came in for emre or n'zogbia for example...would they say "no thanks,i really want to see out the contract i agreed" or would they do all they could to move ?

This.

sod the clause.....what would happen if man utd came in for emre or n'zogbia for example...would they say "no thanks,i really want to see out the contract i agreed" or would they do all they could to move ?

Did Emre or N'zogbia arrive to a Messiah's welcome? Did those two come here begging for other clubs to sign them instead of us?

This.

Did Emre or N'zogbia arrive to a Messiah's welcome? Did those two come here begging for other clubs to sign them instead of us?

whats that got to do with anything...do you think if the manc or arse had wanted either they'd be here ?

This.

whats that got to do with anything...do you think if the manc or arse had wanted either they'd be here ?

Not if you were manager of Newcastle, no.

This.

Not if you were manager of Newcastle, no.

i'm not ,neither are you..what does it matter...if you only want players who desperatly want to be here you'll struggle,even shearer turned us down once.

Ok, let's take 'me and you' out of it. Any player who can find somwehere better to ply his trade in these exciting times is welcome to leave. Emre, Owen, Martins, Duff, N'Zogbia etc.

Ok, let's take 'me and you' out of it. Any player who can find somwehere better to ply his trade in these exciting times is welcome to leave. Emre, Owen, Martins, Duff, N'Zogbia etc.

and theres a strange thing,apparently yesterday emre announced he wants to stop here tuerning down approaches from galatasaray and fenerbahce.........did the club accept these bids OR did they go straight to the player(illegaly) OR is the chronicle talking shithttp://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=i%2Dm-staying%2D-vows-emre%26method=full%26objectid=19351498%26siteid=50081-name_page.htmlif  no bid were actually made.....could this be libel ?

and theres a strange thing,apparently yesterday emre announced he wants to stop here tuerning down approaches from galatasaray and fenerbahce.........did the club accept these bids OR did they go straight to the player(illegaly) OR is the chronicle talking shithttp://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=i%2Dm-staying%2D-vows-emre%26method=full%26objectid=19351498%26siteid=50081-name_page.htmlif  no bid were actually made.....could this be libel ?

Probably something more like the club saying "Look, you're welcome to leave, have your agent make some phone calls to other clubs and we'll sort out the transfer fee later"

sums it up in my eyes, and what exactly has darren bent done to be labeled as a potential owen replacement? nothing tbh, he is still very young and very inexperienced.....

come this time next season if owen leaves 90% of the forum will be cursing sam for not getting a 'owen like' replacement in when we arent top 4 like most of the 'fk owen' brigade think we will be.

wake up....world class striker....keep???

This.

owen is well known as one of the most PR savvy people in the game and to me this is an example of him playing a (not so) clever little game over his future

if he says nothing and stays then he's vindicated as he never said he wanted to leave

if he says nothing and goes then he's vindicated as he never said he wanted to stay

reverse that and you get the reason for his silence

he says he wants to leave but no-one stumps up the cash so he's forced to stay at the club, he's hated

he says he wants to stay but someone meets the clause and he goes, he's hated

make no mistake michael owen will do what is considered best for michael owen, and michael owens england career, and that last part is why i couldn't care less if he never plays for us again

maybe i'm doing the lad a massive disservice and he's just waiting to see how things look under allardyce/ashley before commiting himself, but to be honest the only thing that will convince me of his intentions is signing a new contract with no release clause and i just can't see that happening

Guest toon tone rudeboy

WHU get less than 10%.

This is all I've found so far:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2617382.ece

Now the intention is to pair the two in a new-look strike-force with Carlos Tevez almost certain to leave the club once a fee is agreed with one of the clubs - primarily Real Madrid and Chelsea - who have registered an interest. It is thought that Tevez could cost as much as £32m. West Ham will not receive any of the transfer fee.

Today it was stated that Tevez would be interested in a move to Arsenal if the rumours were to be believed.  It also went on to say that if it came down between Real Madrid and Inter Milan, Tevez would prefer Inter.  FYI.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Laziest 'story' ever submitted by the BBC?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6247650.stm

They use the same quote twice, in fact almost an identical sentence. Oh, and did anyone notice reading that that Viduka is preparing for the Asian Cup? It's only mentioned three times, like. Oh, and he's Australian, apparently.

to be fair to them, they have more quotes in that than most other stories of owen leaving have.

Some very interesting info in the chronicle today ...

Owen pretty much appears to have a week to manufacture a move away, as Oliver says that if he returns to training next Friday then he will pretty much be certain to stay next season. He has been given a special pardon apparently so he doesn't have to come back to training with everyone else at the start of the week.

Something fishy going on here. I think he might be close to a move which is why he has delayed his return to training. I think by next Friday he might very well be gone.

According to Mr. Oliver we are indeed interested in Alan Smith if Owen or Martins leaves! He also says that Alan Smith has already turned down Borough.

Something might very well be in the works as it appears the Alan Smith story was indeed true. I think Owen might be going the other way, and if anything we will probably be receivng the £3.5 million along with Smith for little Micky.

*A lot of this is speculation I know, but just my feelings on the situation which I think might be worth discussing. So take a deep breath before responding. Thanks.

Well I'll be damned ...

Just been on the back pages of one of the papers tomorrow that Manchester United have offered Alan Smith and £4 million for that little toe rag Owen.

I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it!!! Exactly as I had presumed (see above).

It was so freakin' obvious! Alan Smith has returned from holiday yesterday and voila!

I knew once we didn't deny the move for Alan Smith and instead Alan Oliver said we would only get him if Owen/Martins left that Owen would very likely be going to Man U with Alan Smith coming this way.

So we potentially have a situation where Owen might be replaced by Smith and Oba martins by Gudjohnsen.

What do you guys think about this???