Geremi gets work permit, Officially signs - .cock

bodson

Guest jamesmartinsmith

also assumes that oba will go back and play for nigeria again after being shot at last month. i think he will, but its far from a certainty.

I guess you missed the police report stating he was at his mothers house, and it was only his car and driver not he himself?

This is coming from the Police in one of the most corrupt countries in the world ...

Boils my piss that they play the ACN in February. Obviously playing it in the summer is gonna be tricky with the weather, but still.

Perhaps they could play deep in the middle of the night, 2AM kick-offs. Hand out free pills and play techno music during the games to keep the crowd awake, would add some spice to the tournament at least.

Their summer is actually in February in Ghana.  They're on the other side of the equator so their seasons are opposite to ours.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Probably. Normally is for bosmans. Thats why McManaman and Sol Campbell are so rich

Probably. Normally is for bosmans. Thats why McManaman and Sol Campbell are so rich

Don't doubt it for a moment. Free isn't necessarily free but who gives a toss anyway? It's hardly news is it? We have spent very little on 3 good players and one unknown quantity.  Geremi may well play on the right of midfield, particularly if Beye arrives. He is a better player than Milner and also gives good cover in the centre. Decent competition is starting to appear. Still loads of work to be done but it won't happen overnight. Pleased with this signing.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Get Tawio, he is amazing

Good shout, but would rather go for Baines, Bridge, Shorey or someone not african, as Taiwo would become vital to us and we'd loose him to the African Nations Cup in January...

Signing Taiwo would be next to impossible.

I suppose it doesn't need reported anymore now that we've been de-listed? 

We're not de-listed yet, the Rozehnal deal was announced to the LSE.

Surely this must mean the end of Stevie Carr at Newcastle? Just a solid left back and an experienced centre back left and then we're good to go

Still not sure which position he's been signed for. I saw him at boro where he was playing midfield and he looked impressive. On Century Legends, both Supermac and Slaven insisted that he couldn't defend and the general opinon seemed to be that he is a right-sided midfielder which puts him in direct competition with Milner and Solano rather than Carr.

Tend to agree. He isnt a bad right back at all and I wouldnt mind seeing him there but he always looked better in midfield before his (relative) anonymity at Chelsea. Think he would provide decent service in any of three positions where we need some strengthening: Right back, right midfield, central midfield.

Still, wouldnt be too long faced if we ended up with Bridge and Geremi as fullbacks. Both better there than we have had since the days of Keegan.

To be fair though McDonald and Slaven probably haven't even seen him at right back. McDonald makes things up as he pleases, and i don't think he played right back when he was at the smogmonsters. McDonald thinks Gavin Peacock was a solid centre half before he moved to Chelsea and he also thinks Sasa Curcic was a centre half. Ignore the gobshite. Anyway if you want to see what Chelsea fans think about him have a look here: http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=27760

Most of them say good things about him.

To be fair though McDonald and Slaven probably haven't even seen him at right back. McDonald makes things up as he pleases, and i don't think he played right back when he was at the smogmonsters. McDonald thinks Gavin Peacock was a solid centre half before he moved to Chelsea and he also thinks Sasa Curcic was a centre half. Ignore the gobshite. Anyway if you want to see what Chelsea fans think about him have a look here: http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=27760

McDonald was the first to point out Parker was shite so perhaps he isn't as clueless as some might think.

As I said yesterday, he's far better going forward than he is at defending and he'll be doing alot more of that here than he ever did at Chelsea, he's a better winger than Milner though so hopefully he'll get played there with Beye coming in at right back.

McDonald was the first to point out Parker was s**** so perhaps he isn't as clueless as some might think.

As I said yesterday, he's far better going forward than he is at defending and he'll be doing alot more of that here than he ever did at Chelsea, he's a better winger than Milner though so hopefully he'll get played there with Beye coming in at right back.

Spot on

McDonald was the first to point out Parker was shite so perhaps he isn't as clueless as some might think.

I'm not getting in this daft Parker debate again, but Parker is clearly not shite. He had a poor season last season though.

The point is though McDonald comes out with things and he has nothing to back his statements up with half of the time. He seen Parker play week in week out though, so it was fair of him to come to his own opinion about Parker. He is coming up to his own conclusion about Geremi though without even seeing him play at right back really. He was saying tonight that Geremi is an awful defender and he is worse than Solano at right back as well. I want a natural right back in as well but if we end up starting the season with Geremi there, then give him a chance rather than coming to the conclusion that he can't play at right back to save his life already.

McDonald was the first to point out Parker was s**** so perhaps he isn't as clueless as some might think.

I'm not getting in this daft Parker debate again, but Parker is clearly not s****. He had a poor season last season though.

The point is though McDonald comes out with things and he has nothing to back his statements up with half of the time. He seen Parker play week in week out though, so it was fair of him to come to his own opinion about Parker. He is coming up to his own conclusion about Geremi though without even seeing him play at right back really. He was saying tonight that Geremi is an awful defender and he is worse than Solano at right back as well. I want a natural right back in as well but if we end up starting the season with Geremi there, then give him a chance rather than coming to the conclusion that he can't play at right back to save his life already.

Nothing to suggest he has seen any more or less of Geremi than you or I. Take your point that he is a daft sod though. Agree that Parker isnt shite. However, sadly people are either great, shite or hard working to many fans. No in-betweens.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

On his day, Parker is one of the best central midfielders this country has to offer.

I'll never forget how good he was against Fulham at home last year.