Premiership Table 2007/2008

NSG

Guest optimistic nit

Too early for this tbh.

aye i was going to start it in a couple of weeks, should at least wait to the sheff u thing imo.

Guest Matt10

1 Man Utd

2 Chelsea

3 Liverpool

4 Arsenal

5 Newcastle

6 Tottenham

7 Aston Villa

8 Blackburn

9 Everton

10 Portsmouth

11 West Ham

12 Man City

13 Reading

14 Bolton

15 Birmingham

16 Middlesbrough

17 Fulham

18 Sunderland

19 Wigan

20 Derby

Guest optimistic nit

Anyway. to be edited later i think.

1. ManU

2.Chelsea

3.Liverpool

4.Newcastle

5.Villa

6.Arsenal

7.Spurs

8.Blackburn

9.Everton

10.Pompey

11.Reading

12.City

13.Middlesbrough

14.Bolton

15.Hammers

16.Derby

17.Wigan

18.Fulham

19.Sun'land

20.Brum

Guest optimistic nit

could this be the weakest premierleague in its history? if i'm honest i could see any of the bottom 9 get relegated this season.

Guest Matt10

could this be the weakest premierleague in its history? if i'm honest i could see any of the bottom 9 get relegated this season.

Think you could be right with the last bit there Nyt. I had trouble choosing the order of my bottom six teams and I wouldn't be surprised if any of them went down. At present there are some pretty weak sides but there's plenty of transfer business to be done between now and September I'm sure. I fear for Derby and Wigan already though.

Guest optimistic nit

aye, i'll probably have to edit this later and put derby in the zone. but then birmingham are poor, lots of noise coming from the mackems, but i'm not sure about them. Wigan seem to see bramble and sibi as "2 class players", Middlesbrough are weaker, Bolton are without allerdyce, and were shite without him during the end of the season, Fulham getting poorer every season, and are without coleman it seems, if city don't improve they may well go down and west ham seem intent in spending massive sums on average players, which could lead to their downfall if they lose tevez.

Would love to see Spurs get a nice midtable finish.

Relegation battle should be good. Sunderland and Birmingham have a lot more finances than whats the norm for a newly promoted team and should be strong enough to stay up. I think Derby will surprise a few people too. Wigan are the one team I expect to struggle a bit this season.

:clap: :clap:

personally i think Birmingham and Sunderland will stay up with Derby, Fulham and Wigan getting relegated

Guest Darth Toon

1.  Man Utd

2.  Arsenal

3.  Chelsea

4.  Newcastle

5.  Liverpool

6.  Villa

7.  Spurs

8.  Reading

9.  Portsmouth

10. Man City

11. West Ham

12. Everton

13. Bolton

14. Blackburn

15. Fulham

16. Birmingham

17. smogs

18. Derby

19. mackems

20. Wigan

Guest LucasUnger

1 Chelsea

2 Liverpool

3 Man Utd

4 Newcastle

5 Arsenal

6 Tottenham

7 Aston Villa

8 Blackburn

9 Everton

10 Portsmouth

11 West Ham

12 Man City

13 Reading

14 Birmingham

15 Bolton

16 Middlesbrough

17 Fulham

18 Sunderland

19 Wigan

20 Derby

This is it!

01 Mancheser United   

02 Chelsea                     

03 Liverpool

04 Newcastle United

05 Arsenal

06 Aston Villa

07 Tottenham

08 Blackburn

09 Everton

10 Portsmouth

11 West Ham

12 Man City

13 Reading

14 Birmingham

15 Bolton

16 Wigan

17 Fulham

18 Sunderland

19 Middlesbrough

20 Derby

Guest Darth Toon

1.  Man Utd

2.  Arsenal

3.  Chelsea

4.  Newcastle

5.  Liverpool

:lol:

You have to be optimistic man  :razz:

Seriously, I think reports of Arsenal's demise could be greatly exaggerated given they still have a squad full of fantastically gifted footballers, and I really don't rate Liverpool that highly, especially as their supposed bottomless transfer kitty doesn't seem to be very forthcoming.

So if there's a gap in the top 4 to be filled, the taker should be from a shortlist of Spurs, Villa and us - went for us on the basis of us having a better manager and more cash than either of them - plus of course I may be a teeny bit biased  :cheesy:

1.  Man Utd

2.  Arsenal

3.  Chelsea

4.  Newcastle

5.  Liverpool

:lol:

You have to be optimistic man  :razz:

Seriously, I think reports of Arsenal's demise could be greatly exaggerated given they still have a squad full of fantastically gifted footballers, and I really don't rate Liverpool that highly, especially as their supposed bottomless transfer kitty doesn't seem to be very forthcoming.

So if there's a gap in the top 4 to be filled, the taker should be from a shortlist of Spurs, Villa and us - went for us on the basis of us having a better manager and more cash than either of them - plus of course I may be a teeny bit biased  :cheesy:

I would Probably put Chelski above Arsenal untill Arsenal bring in a couple of new names, but if you are basing it on not the squad now, but the squad at the end of the season i would agree, names can step up without henry their. Maybe this can be a positive.

1. Man United

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Newcastle

7. Everton

8. West Ham

9. Aston Villa

10. Blackburn

11. Portsmouth

12. Birmingham

13. Man City

14. Bolton

15. Reading

16. Fulham

17. Sunderland

18. Middlesbrough

19. Derby

20. Wigan

Guest icemanblue

I'm sorry, but no way are we going to finish fourth this season. I really hope these are examples of optimism rather than true beliefs.

It's living up to the old 'too much expectation' line, delivered by our ex-captain.

However, should we finish fourth, you can throw all this back in my face. Gladly.

1 Man U

2 Chelsea

3 Arsenal

4 Liverpool

5 Tottenham

6 Newcastle

7 West Ham

8 Villa

9 Man City

10 Everton

11 Bolton

12 Blackburn

13 Pompey

14 Reading

15 Smogs

16 Birmingham

17 Mackems

18 Fulham

19 Wigan

20 Derby

Take this in good heart, but anyone who thinks a manager is going to join a club, build a new squad, build his own backroom team, and finish fourth (whilst all the time in the background the entire management and board of the club is changing) in one season has clearly been smoking crack.

Take this in good heart, but anyone who thinks a manager is going to join a club, build a new squad, build his own backroom team, and finish fourth (whilst all the time in the background the entire management and board of the club is changing) in one season has clearly been smoking crack.

Dont knock it till you've tried it.

I'm doing several rocks a day at the moment just to cope with the tedium of the close season, tbh

I'm doing several rocks a day at the moment just to cope with the tedium of the close season, tbh

I knew that when you posted that Villa would finish above us next season :razz: