Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

Guest Moe-Ali

f****** Martins took bullets for us, took bullets NUFC he bled for us and this is how you treat him? He should EXPLODE you all tbh

I concur.

May he EXPLODE on you all like a terrorist.

Johnson is not even close to as good as obafemi.

Anelka is past his prime.

Well they both scored just as many as Martins last season in the league so i dont know what you base that on.

Don't know how he thinks Martins is on a par with Berbatov either. He doesn't share his attributes at all. A completely different sort of player. Maybe we've been whooshed.

Nope, and nor do i. But i personally reckon that with some good coaching (which is available thanks to Sam and his cronies), he has the ability to become as good as someone like Berbatov.

As good? he can be the best striker in the world with the right coaching.

Definite wind-up.

Don't diss da wide boi.

Fucking Martins took bullets for us, took bullets NUFC he bled for us and this is how you treat him? He should EXPLODE you all tbh

Fought against the likes of Mendieta at Goose Green.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Fucking Martins took bullets for us, took bullets NUFC he bled for us and this is how you treat him? He should EXPLODE you all tbh

You can take the piss but if we don't have an element of EXPLOSIVENESS in our team next season we're fucked. It would make sense to have Obafemi "THE EXPLODER" Martins in the team next season, anyone who says otherwise is a hippy

I don't think Martins is that far from being able to score a ton of goals espescially for a team like Arsenal.

There are some glaring weaknesses to his game which may or may not be cured, but his strengths go a long way to compensating them. He's bloody strong and even players twice his size don't push him off the ball, you won't find anyone quicker, his shooting means he can turn a game on its head and although his touch is bad he's got quick feet and can dribble a ball.

Last season he was playing on his own or alongside Sibierski (who IMO was vastly overrated by many on here) and basically had the task of scoring all of our goals. For a brief while he did it and was winning us games. Put him in a better side with a proper striker partner and watch him go.

I think us Newcastle fans are sick of the word 'potential' because we've heard it all before with players like Jenas, Dyer, Ameobi etc. But I don't see it as a reason to give up on Martins.

We don't need the money. Ultimately it won't be our decision if Wenger triggers the release clause but personally I'd rather hang onto him. Owen is off either this summer or next and Viduka is in the twilight of his career.

Superb post. Had to quote it because it didn't deserve to be the infamous forgotten last post on a page.

You can take the piss but if we don't have an element of EXPLOSIVENESS in our team next season we're fucked. It would make sense to have Obafemi "THE EXPLODER" Martins in the team next season, anyone who says otherwise is a hippy

Is Martins currently round your house? Have you and he been smoking crack together?

I don't think Martins is that far from being able to score a ton of goals espescially for a team like Arsenal.

There are some glaring weaknesses to his game which may or may not be cured, but his strengths go a long way to compensating them. He's bloody strong and even players twice his size don't push him off the ball, you won't find anyone quicker, his shooting means he can turn a game on its head and although his touch is bad he's got quick feet and can dribble a ball.

Last season he was playing on his own or alongside Sibierski (who IMO was vastly overrated by many on here) and basically had the task of scoring all of our goals. For a brief while he did it and was winning us games. Put him in a better side with a proper striker partner and watch him go.

I think us Newcastle fans are sick of the word 'potential' because we've heard it all before with players like Jenas, Dyer, Ameobi etc. But I don't see it as a reason to give up on Martins.

We don't need the money. Ultimately it won't be our decision if Wenger triggers the release clause but personally I'd rather hang onto him. Owen is off either this summer or next and Viduka is in the twilight of his career.

Superb post. Had to quote it because it didn't deserve to be the infamous forgotten last post on a page.

Aye, not a bad analysis there.

Guest Moe-Ali

Well they both scored just as many as Martins last season in the league so i dont know what you base that on.

Don't know how he thinks Martins is on a par with Berbatov either. He doesn't share his attributes at all. A completely different sort of player. Maybe we've been whooshed.

Nope, and nor do i. But i personally reckon that with some good coaching (which is available thanks to Sam and his cronies), he has the ability to become as good as someone like Berbatov.

Definite wind-up.

Don't diss da wide boi.

You make me sick.

Both of you.

And maybe no-one else on this forum has enough balls to shit on you.

So let me be the first to tell you, you're a bunch of stuck up, arrogant faggots, with low paying jobs, and a stressful family life, so before you come on here and ruin peoples urge to share opinions during moment of excitement, realise, you're just some faggot, who is sick enough to be satisfied by ruining peoples fun.

Fuck you, have a nice day.

If we can keep him then great. I'd rather keep him than sell him. I think he has a chance of being a top quality striker. If we do lose him though i think we will replace him. Got plenty of time, lets just hope the Martins situation is resolved sooner rather than later. If he keeps us waiting for longer than a couple of weeks though then we should sell him ASAP cos it would be a nightmare getting to August then getting an offer which activates his clause and we would have to make a panic signing at the last minute.

f****** IDIOTS THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD LET GO OF OBAFEMI.

13M WILL NOT BUY US A BETTER STRIKER SO WHATS THE f****** POINT?!

HE'S NOT EVEN 25 FOR FUCKS SAKE.

WHY NOT JUST KEEP THE CURRENT STRIKERS AND WORK ON THE REST OF THE TEAM.

f*** OFF ARSENE.

And why do you assume we'd only have £13m to spend on his replacement? Would you be so upset if we spent £20m on Tevez or whatever?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

AS9 has just had too much coffee and is in a very wacky state of mind.

Go and do some Es and hug an emo student friend you absolute badass

AS9 has just had too much coffee and is in a very wacky state of mind.

Go and do some Es and hug an emo student friend you absolute badass

:lol:

Forgot how much you dislike wackiness or being labelled with it, my bad.

Definite wind-up.

Don't diss da wide boi.

You make me sick.

Both of you.

So let me be the first to tell you, you're a bunch of stuck up, arrogant faggots, with low paying jobs, and a stressful family life, so before you come on here and ruin peoples urge to share opinions during moment of excitement, realise, you're just some faggot, who is sick enough to be satisfied by ruining peoples fun.

Yo homeys. Check ma bruva's shit. ^^^

There are lots of other strikers out there but which of them are available, want to come to us and won't cost crazy money? Look at the price Bent is touted for.

I like the idea of Gudjonsen but other clubs such as Man Utd may go in for him, there's no guarantee we could get him here. Others such as Huntelaar are probably out of our reach. I don't think there are a great deal of options if Oba goes. And imagine we lose Owen too (entirely plausible). I'd rather just keep him.

Definite wind-up.

Don't diss da wide boi.

You make me sick.

Both of you.

And maybe no-one else on this forum has enough balls to s*** on you.

f*** you, have a nice day.

Deary me, Moe-Ali hits the self destruct button

Definite wind-up.

Don't diss da wide boi.

You make me sick.

Both of you.

Tell me, do you go to the games? :razz:

Guest Moe-Ali

f****** IDIOTS THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD LET GO OF OBAFEMI.

13M WILL NOT BUY US A BETTER STRIKER SO WHATS THE f****** POINT?!

HE'S NOT EVEN 25 FOR FUCKS SAKE.

WHY NOT JUST KEEP THE CURRENT STRIKERS AND WORK ON THE REST OF THE TEAM.

f*** OFF ARSENE.

And why do you assume we'd only have £13m to spend on his replacement? Would you be so upset if we spent £20m on Tevez or whatever?

No i wouldnt be upset, this is a very good point you have.

I think it would just be unnecessary to spend any ammount of money on a position that needs no bulking up at all.

We have 3 of the top 10 strikers in the league, in my opinion.

Why not just hang on to them ?

It wouldnt take much to re-do owen and oba's contracts.

We would have the perfect mix of strikers, in terms of age and such

One on his way up.Martins.

One at his prime. Owen

and one at the climax of his career Viduka

Definite wind-up.

Don't diss da wide boi.

You make me sick.

Both of you.

Yo homeys. Check ma bruva's shit. ^^^

It's wicky wild.

There are lots of other strikers out there but which of them are available, want to come to us and won't cost crazy money? Look at the price Bent is touted for.

I like the idea of Gudjonsen but other clubs such as Man Utd may go in for him, there's no guarantee we could get him here. Others such as Huntelaar are probably out of our reach. I don't think there are a great deal of options if Oba goes. I'd rather just keep him.

Agreed, if there were plenty of decent forwards out there on the market that we had a realistic chance of getting, I'd be less worried about holding onto Oba.