New theme for Premier League

Lagerstedt

http://www.myspace.com/peterlawlor

"My Saturday Self" is the song, but they must be joking. I'm not saying the current song is great, but it's a thousand times better than this piece of rubbish! I've heard someone saying it sounds like The Who but whatever that person is on, I don't want to take it. It sounds more like a cartoon theme and the thought of being forced to listen to this song prior to every game I want to watch is just, well, really not good..

Listen for yourselves and try to enjoy

Not to mention the sheer fucking piss take of calling it "My Saturday Self" when, due to them selling the heart of the game to Sky, fans are just as likely to be hearing the song played at Sunday lunchtime, Sunday afternoon, Monday afternoon, Wednesday afternoon etc etc etc.

You know what I think the theme tune should be?

Nothing.

Not only is it shite on all imaginable levels - not just the lamentable standard of the music, but more importantly the very idea of a "theme" - its also completely pointless considering the TV are always on a break when they play it. :idiot2:

Yeah, the theme does my head in. Atmosphere killer.

Z Cars just isn't the same now when it gets cut off after 30 seconds when the players have barely set foot on the pitch.

Do you guys ever get tired of Z Cars?

I mean hearing the same theme hundreds of times.

No chance.

It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. That roar after the initial drumbeat. That's what it's all about.