Yobz

Guest Gent

Got told earlier on this afternoon that we are going to be putting a bid in for Joseph Yobo of Everton.

Not sure how true this is, and this persons never told me anything transfer-related before, so I can't speak of his track record.

What do you guys think? Would you have him here?

Got told earlier on this afternoon that we are going to be putting a bid in for Joseph Yobo of Everton.

Not sure how true this is, and this persons never told me anything transfer-related before, so I can't speak of his track record.

How about his track record on non-transfers info? Do you class him reliable in general?

Yobo would be great, but i doubt Everton would consider sell him.

Guest leon b

would have to be a resonably high fee, around 7-8 mil i reckon.To be honest i can see the move appealing to the player but i just don't see everton selling yobo.

How about his track record on non-transfers info? Do you class him reliable in general?

Yobo would be great, but i doubt Everton would consider sell him.

He's pretty reliable, and did mention Ashleys name a few month ago before he was well known around these parts, hes a mate of a mate so I don't see him very often.

I remember last season he said that we would buy Louis Saha off Manure, and was pretty adamant it was going to happen, but I can't remember anything coming from that.

Wouldnt be a bad signing, similar to distin.

Fancied a move here a few seasons ago but Everton put the blockers on it, plus we didnt want to pay alot of money for him.

Severely doubt the Toffee's will accept much less than the 7m they quoted us last time if not more. Also doubt we are even interested. Think there are better options out there tbh, but wouldnt be hugely dissapointed if it was true.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would be a great addition:

Joseph Yobo

Joseph joined the Blues, declining offers from Arsenal and Juventus, to become David Moyes' first signing in the summer of 2002.

The Nigerian international played in the Super Eagles' three matches in Japan and South Korea and even provided the assist for his side's only goal of the tournament.

After passing a medical, Joseph signed a 12-month contract with the Blues, with an option for a further four years, which was taken up by Moyes in November 2002.

However, it took until May 2003 to make the deal permanent following a dispute between Yobo and his former club, Marseille.

Yobo's pace and versatility (he can play at right back and in central defence as well as midfield) was also a factor in his switch from the French giants as the Blues boss sought to bring the best young talent to Goodison.

His composure both on the ball and when under pressure belied his tender years. Good in the air, strong in the tackle and difficult to hassle off the ball, the defender also possesses tremendous vision - attributes which helped him earn Everton's Young Player of the Year Award for the 2003/4 season.

He was one of the most consisten performers early on in the 2005/6 campaign, before goin on African Nations duty with Nigeria. He found things more difficult on his return but managed to recapture his place and continue his assured yet assertive style of defending.

He signed a long-term five year contract in the summer of 2006 and went on to play every second of every Premiership game during the 06/07 season, matching a record last achieved 20 years earlier by Kevin Ratcliffe.

Would cost a fortune though, not value for money, therefore Big Sam will go nowhere near it!

:lol: No chance

I don't think he would turn down Arsenal to sign a 5 year deal only to leave for Newcastle once we qualify for Europe and he sets a personal appearance record.

Guest samtoonarmy

Yobo would be a good signing. Hes a good player and he would be an excellent addition to our defence.

Guest 22bnw

Would be a great signing, but I think if there was a chance he'd leave I think there would be more clubs than us interested

Would be an awesome signing. Great player with lots of ability. Can cover at rightback too. Please let it happen.

He's terrible at right back and a bit dodgy at defensive midfield as well.

PLay him in his proper position and he's class. Anywhere else and he struggles.