Daniel Braathen

KaKa

Linked with Bolton today. Whatever happened to this kid? Wasn't he one of the next big things at some point?

Anyone still familiar with him. How has he been doing?

He's rather unstable, can very from International star to a sunday league player in the same match. But he's been rather consistent for Rosenborg in the Norwegian league as of late, and I have no doubt he can become a star for any Premier League side with some proper match training at premier league level and the proper guidance. 

Braathen is playing for Rosenborg, doing ok. Been in and out of the team. He got what it takes to become a great player, great technique, accelration, strong, good tackler, but he is just to damn lazy. He is a real waste of talent...

Guest Brewcastle

Braathen is playing for Rosenborg, doing ok. Been in and out of the team. He got what it takes to become a great player, great technique, accelration, strong, good tackler, but he is just to damn lazy. He is a real waste of talent...

-And of that reason he should have gone to a club where he have to perform at high level every match. In Rosenborg he haven't enough competiton about a place in the squad, and then he lose his great intensity. I'm sure Braaten could have an international carreer if he goes to a club where he have to stay focused to have a place in the squad. He need a strong manager. And I guess SamA is strong enough ;)

-And of that reason he should have gone to a club where he have to perform at high level every match. In Rosenborg he haven't enough competiton about a place in the squad, and then he lose his great intensity. I'm sure Braaten could have an international carreer if he goes to a club where he have to stay focused to have a place in the squad. He need a strong manager. And I guess SamA is strong enough ;)

If that is the case, that he doesnt have enough competiton for the first team, why is he often putted on the bench?  Braathen imho will never make it in the premiership, I think he is the simular type to luque= a lazy s... player with talent.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Never heard of him.

Braaten need a club to develop his skills......

Youtube videos mean nowt - ever seen the Luque one?

Guest Brewcastle

If that is the case, that he doesnt have enough competiton for the first team, why is he often putted on the bench?  Braathen imho will never make it in the premiership, I think he is the simular type to luque= a lazy s... player with talent.

Oh yes, Braaten have been placed on the bench at times. Some times a punishment for beeing lazy. But that seems to belong in to the passed. This season Braaten have showed a good attitude, and have been an important player for Rosenborg. He have produced plenty of attacks and chances for Rosenborg. Can't blame him for the strikers not to score. What could be blamed on him, is that he should make shoots at goal on his own more often - and not wait for strikers/other players to come in position. I guess that have cost Rosenborg to many goals so far this season.

But if Braaten can be a hit in PL? Nobody can be sure. -But I know for sure he will do a better first season than Luque  :razz:, and much much cheaper  O0 

i recon daniel braathen as possibly the best players in the norwegian league, or at least the one with still the biggest potential... 

the only problem is that he has yet to get out of rosenborgs contracts and far far away from this club!

many bigger teams have been sniffing on him lately, as they have done the last 4 years! but yet noone have taken the chance to pick him up! and now hees a freebie (in a couple of months)

i think with someone who could kick his ass around a bit (big sams the man), and training with a team with far better players could just only finally release his true potential... wich ive seen both on tv in matches and on the training pitch! (just take the matches against real madrid in CL or the latest national games!)

the best possible thing to do, is to take the player on a freebie, sign him on a two year deal. or even a one year deal with a possible extention (wich i think he acually would agree to, becouse he wants to do the step up) in that case, he would be a very cheap risk and also a possible sale if he doesnt release his potential (im not saying we will get 10£ for him.. but still well probably get the money for the wages and sign on fee)

so what im thinking is very easy...

why not? its a cheap freebie with potential... i wouldnt be dissapointed

Guest Brewcastle

i recon daniel braathen as possibly the best players in the norwegian league, or at least the one with still the biggest potential... 

the only problem is that he has yet to get out of rosenborgs contracts and far far away from this club!

many bigger teams have been sniffing on him lately, as they have done the last 4 years! but yet noone have taken the chance to pick him up! and now hees a freebie (in a couple of months)

i think with someone who could kick his ass around a bit (big sams the man), and training with a team with far better players could just only finally release his true potential... wich ive seen both on tv in matches and on the training pitch! (just take the matches against real madrid in CL or the latest national games!)

the best possible thing to do, is to take the player on a freebie, sign him on a two year deal. or even a one year deal with a possible extention (wich i think he acually would agree to, becouse he wants to do the step up) in that case, he would be a very cheap risk and also a possible sale if he doesnt release his potential (im not saying we will get 10£ for him.. but still well probably get the money for the wages and sign on fee)

so what im thinking is very easy...

why not? its a cheap freebie with potential... i wouldnt be dissapointed

Totally agree!  It's such a small risk, and such a big benefit if it would work. So it's worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brewcastle

Rosenborg-fans you must be.

Yep! -I'm a Rosenborg-fan. And from that I know Braaten have a potential Rosenborg haven't been able to bring out of him. A authoritarian coatch (f.ex. Allardyce) would be perfect for Braaten. Even if many people here will laugh at me, I dare to say Braaten have potential enough so he could be a replacement for Dyer. -But that's not a case now, Bolton have signed Braaten for the funny price of £415.000.  :idiot2:

Rosenborg didn't have much choice since he would be a Bosman-player at the end of the year.