Faubert signs for West Ham

Guest Toon83

Guest Bellers

All I know is West Ham are becoming increasingly annoying in the transfer market. It's not the fact they're snapping up our targets it's the fact they appear to be signing anything or anyone who's is willing to accept massively inflated wages, it's everything that's wrong with the game.

It won't be benefiting West Ham either, it reeks of desperation and sooner or later they're going to have to develop some form of structure in their side without buying any random player who's greedy enough to join their team of misfits, otherwise I can see the wheels flying off in spectacular style.

All I know is West Ham are becoming increasingly annoying in the transfer market. It's not the fact they're snapping up our targets it's the fact they appear to be signing anything or anyone who's is willing to accept massively inflated wages, it's everything that's wrong with the game.

It won't be benefiting West Ham either, it reeks of desperation and sooner or later they're going to have to develop some form of structure in their side without buying any random player who's greedy enough to join their team of misfits, otherwise I can see the wheels flying off in spectacular style.

And hopefully flying off in the Championship.

I may be reading too much into this, but I find it interesting that the quotes have come from the Chairman, rather than the manager. He seems to be in the papers far more often than Curbishley, and I wonder whether West Ham have got a case of Shepherditis - the curse of the over-involved Chairman.

Guest exilim

Julien Faubert (born August 1, 1983 in Le Havre) is a French football player who plays as a midfielder for West Ham United.

Faubert made his debut for the French national team on August 16, 2006, against Bosnia and Herzegovina. He marked his first match by scoring in the final minute of the game to ensure France won 2-1.

On Saturday June 23, 2007, it was reported in French sports newspaper L'Équipe that Faubert was on the verge of a €6.5 million (£4.3 million) transfer to Rangers.[1][2] However, on July 1 Faubert was signed by West Ham United for £6.1 million.[3]. Before West Ham had signed Faubert, Faubert was on national tv saying "Hiya lol, well I would juzt like to zay zat moi was non interesteed on goiing to Ranjurs, az they are a bigotted mob with the ugliest fans in ze world and I'd rather play with my mothers kipper than sign for zem" he then followed up with "Fuck ze queen and ze UDA".

Wtf.?

Guest sicko2ndbest

West Ham sign Faubert for £6.1m 

Faubert was understood to have wanted to go to Rangers

West Ham have signed France midfielder Julien Faubert from Bordeaux for £6.1m.

The 23-year-old, who scored on his only international appearance for France in 2006, signed a five-year contract with the Upton Park side.

"I am delighted to welcome Julien and feel sure that he will become a very successful signing for the club," owner Eggert Magnusson told the club website.

"He's one of the most highly-rated young players in Europe and many clubs were attempting to sign him."

He added: "I have been very impressed by his desire and ambition and I think he will be very popular among our supporters."

Faubert had been with Bordeaux since 2004 but after the French club rejected a reported £4m offer from Rangers he refused to train with his team-mates.

Earlier, his agent Philippe Sol confirmed the Hammers had offered "substantially more" than the Ibrox outfit and told the Sunday Herald: "He was given an ultimatum by Bordeaux: West Ham or nowhere.

"They were no longer interested in talking with Rangers and after everything that went on with Julien last week there really wasn't a way back for him at Bordeaux.

"He wanted to go to Rangers and had given them his word. Everything he did last week was about moving to Rangers and he wasn't looking to line up a move anywhere else.

"But there is nothing he could do about the transfer fee and you can understand why Bordeaux wanted to accept the offer from West Ham."

Sounds like hes thrilled to be moving to WH.

Guest Darth Toon

Haha West Ham, what a shte wanna be big club!

It will all end in tears. Mark my words!

Haha West Ham, what a shte wanna be big club!

It will all end in tears. Mark my words!

Only if the Tevez verdict is over turned, which it wont now so near to the new season.

WHU will keep spending at an enormous rate. Even with an average manager they'll still compete for 5th this season, next season with more spending, well we've got a lot of work to do.

Guest teepee

sounds like a good signing for them tbh.

if they can keep carlos there and then get ashton back they could become a top6 team next season (if curbs has it in him...)

I may be reading too much into this, but I find it interesting that the quotes have come from the Chairman, rather than the manager. He seems to be in the papers far more often than Curbishley, and I wonder whether West Ham have got a case of Shepherditis - the curse of the over-involved Chairman.

There was an interview with the chairman in an Icelandic documentary about him and his West Ham life, there he stated that Curbishley was 100% in charge of what players should be bought to the club, he himself was only the money provider.