A third of Bolton backroom staff mysteriously hand in notice

NSG

Just read a quick response from the Bolton Message Board linked to from the thread on here and most seem content to "let them go if they want to go" and seem to think it'll be "performance" and "scouting" people and that sort of thing as opposed to the likes of Sbragia and Speedo. Not many talking good sense like as most are extremely bitter about Allardyce, but there are a few who you can glean some information from. Think we've got a good one here in this trotter58 fella, despite his constant 4-5-1 pontificating!

It's all forward motion, as I seem to keep saying and it's putting us on the right track though. I'm delighted that we should be able to get a third of his former staff in, rather than having to employ new people in every position under his umbrella. It'll be a massive help to be getting people who know exactly what they're doing under Allardyce and should speed things along nicely for us.

Whose to say that Allardyce won't have been using these blokes to help him out already though, after all they're only a drive/phone call away. He said he's going to start building fitness dossiers on the players this week, so he must have had some help from somewhere... or he's not as reliant on the 22 bodies as people seem to think.

Guest Bramble OG

Just read a quick response from the Bolton Message Board linked to from the thread on here and most seem content to "let them go if they want to go" and seem to think it'll be "performance" and "scouting" people and that sort of thing as opposed to the likes of Sbragia and Speedo. Not many talking good sense like as most are extremely bitter about Allardyce, but there are a few who you can glean some information from. Think we've got a good one here in this trotter58 fella, despite his constant 4-5-1 pontificating!

It's all forward motion, as I seem to keep saying and it's putting us on the right track though. I'm delighted that we should be able to get a third of his former staff in, rather than having to employ new people in every position under his umbrella. It'll be a massive help to be getting people who know exactly what they're doing under Allardyce and should speed things along nicely for us.

Whose to say that Allardyce won't have been using these blokes to help him out already though, after all they're only a drive/phone call away. He said he's going to start building fitness dossiers on the players this week, so he must have had some help from somewhere... or he's not as reliant on the 22 bodies as people seem to think.

I think we would be extremely bitter if we had just lost a quality manager and he had come back to take the staff that had helped make the club succsessful....

Guest trotter58

Just read a quick response from the Bolton Message Board linked to from the thread on here and most seem content to "let them go if they want to go" and seem to think it'll be "performance" and "scouting" people and that sort of thing as opposed to the likes of Sbragia and Speedo.

It definately won't include Speed and Sbragia. Big Sam puts a lot of store in backroom staff but Sammy Lee may not, so their contracts might not have been renewed anyway. I think we can learn to live without the Tai-Chi instructor!

I think we would be extremely bitter if we had just lost a quality manager and he had come back to take the staff that had helped make the club succsessful....

Never said they didn't have good reason for it, but they could at least try and talk with a bit of clarity on the issue instead of banging on about him like he's shagged all their wives and saying nowt constructive at all. Of course some/most on here would be the same if it was the other way round, you're right.

Remember that we currently have the biggest backroom staff in the Premier League!

Can you post the postions & names?

And were all of them full time?

Manager: Sammy Lee

First Team Coach: Ricky Sbragia

First Team Coach: Jimmy Phillips

First Team Player Coach: Gary Speed

Football Secretary: Simon Marland

Head of Sport Science and Medicine: Mark Taylor

Strength and Conditioning Coach: Mark Howard

Academy Director: Chris Sulley

Education & Welfare Officer: Fran Walsh

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/StaffDirectory/0,,1004,00.html

Guest trotter58

The players are ultimately responsible for making the club successful and they're still there. I think that Big Sam's in for a rough ride first game of the season. The message board you refer to is not an isolated case.

The players are ultimately responsible for making the club successful and they're still there. I think that Big Sam's in for a rough ride first game of the season. The message board you refer to is not an isolated case.

i think he can handle it,unless you're planning something physical ?

Just read a quick response from the Bolton Message Board linked to from the thread on here and most seem content to "let them go if they want to go" and seem to think it'll be "performance" and "scouting" people and that sort of thing as opposed to the likes of Sbragia and Speedo.

It definately won't include Speed and Sbragia. Big Sam puts a lot of store in backroom staff but Sammy Lee may not, so their contracts might not have been renewed anyway. I think we can learn to live without the Tai-Chi instructor!

Some of your kin are keen to see that particular person get replaced... or at least expect him to be replaced. I won't claim to know much about Bolton, but I'd be surprised if you saw a massive upheaval in strategy/staff levels after appointing somebody from under Allardyce to take the job. Perhaps if it was a bloke who'd come in from the outside maybe, but it's not like much needs to be changed down your way is it?

I understand you're trying to be gracious about the situation/not seem too arsed, but we're all friends here, especially if this story turns out to be true.

Would love Gary Speed to come back, but can't see it happening just yet.

Guest trotter58

Remember that we currently have the biggest backroom staff in the Premier League!

Can you post the postions & names?

And were all of them full time?

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/StaffDirectory/0,,1004,00.html

There are many more than that. Twenty eight in total at the last count.

I really, really can't wait for the first game  :naughty:  :knuppel2:

Ah I just included the team staff, heres whats posted on the site:

Board Members

Chairman: Phil Gartside

Vice Chairman: W.B. Warburton

Chief Executive: Allan Duckworth

Finance Director: Paula Mulligan

Director: E. Davies O.B.E.

Director: G Seymour

Director: G.Warburton

Director: D.McBain

Vice President: G.E. Ashworth

Vice President: T. Edge

Vice President: H.D. Warburton

Honorary Vice President: Dr D. Dennard

Honorary Vice President: D. Singleton

Honorary Vice President: F. Smith JP

President/Honorary Director: Nat Lofthouse O.B.E.

Behind the Team

Management Staff

Commercial Director: Gareth Moores

Communications Manager: Daniel Reuben

Head of Corporate Sales: Adrian Blackburn

Head of Retail: Barry Calvert

Facilities Director: Jan Kozlowski

Head Groundsman: Richard Norton

Head Receptionist: Shelley Goodman

Management Accounts Controller: Anthony Massey

Promotions Manager: Andrew Dean

Safety Officer: Rod Cross

Training and Development Manager: Margaret O'Brien

Ticket Office Manager: Matt Kendall

Guest trotter58
Some of your kin are keen to see that particular person get replaced... or at least expect him to be replaced. I won't claim to know much about Bolton, but I'd be surprised if you saw a massive upheaval in strategy/staff levels after appointing somebody from under Allardyce to take the job. Perhaps if it was a bloke who'd come in from the outside maybe, but it's not like much needs to be changed down your way is it?

I understand you're trying to be gracious about the situation/not seem too arsed, but we're all friends here, especially if this story turns out to be true.

Would love Gary Speed to come back, but can't see it happening just yet.

I think that the Chairman is pissed off because he's a mate of Big Sam's and in all honesty, Big Sam has done the dirty on him. However he shouldn't be too suprised because he did the same thing to Notts County when he joined us!

Gary Speed has just been promoted to first team coach by Sammy Lee, so i can't see him going anywhere.

Willow, I think the majority of the staff trotter means are the support staff that aren't all listed there.

Scouts, analysts, tai-chi instructor... that lot.

You wouldn't expect Bolton fans to be happy that Sam is taking his staff with him, but at the end of the day they are there because of Sam in the first place. Sammy Lee can stick a bluetooth next to his lug but that's about as close as he'll come to emulating Allardyce's achievements at the Reebok. I'm going to put a tenner on us bringing back all 3 points from there on opening day next season.

Guest trotter58

Ah I just included the team staff, heres whats posted on the site:

Board Members

Chairman: Phil Gartside

Vice Chairman: W.B. Warburton

Chief Executive: Allan Duckworth

Finance Director: Paula Mulligan

Director: E. Davies O.B.E.

Director: G Seymour

Director: G.Warburton

Director: D.McBain

Vice President: G.E. Ashworth

Vice President: T. Edge

Vice President: H.D. Warburton

Honorary Vice President: Dr D. Dennard

Honorary Vice President: D. Singleton

Honorary Vice President: F. Smith JP

President/Honorary Director: Nat Lofthouse O.B.E.

Behind the Team

Management Staff

Commercial Director: Gareth Moores

Communications Manager: Daniel Reuben

Head of Corporate Sales: Adrian Blackburn

Head of Retail: Barry Calvert

Facilities Director: Jan Kozlowski

Head Groundsman: Richard Norton

Head Receptionist: Shelley Goodman

Management Accounts Controller: Anthony Massey

Promotions Manager: Andrew Dean

Safety Officer: Rod Cross

Training and Development Manager: Margaret O'Brien

Ticket Office Manager: Matt Kendall

Forget what's on the official site. I'm talking about backroom staff on the playing side not the bloody ticket office!

You wouldn't expect Bolton fans to be happy that Sam is taking his staff with him, but at the end of the day they are there because of Sam in the first place. Sammy Lee can stick a bluetooth next to his lug but that's about as close as he'll come to emulating Allardyce's achievements at the Reebok. I'm going to put a tenner on us bringing back all 3 points from there on opening day next season.

19/10 sporting odds.com

Wonder if Mr Wu is coming to Tyneside, I hope so.

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/BackroomStaff/0,,1004~670354,00.html

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/BackroomStaff/0,,1004~670359,00.html

The kitman was nicked from Blackpool!!!!!  Had Sam herd a whisper about the way this bloke folds a strip

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/BackroomStaff/0,,1004~670362,00.html

I'm going to put a tenner on us bringing back all 3 points from there on opening day next season.

I think it's got all the signs of being a hard fought draw to be honest.

We've got the advantage that Sam and the half-dozen people he brings know Bolton inside out, how they work, their strengths, their weaknesses, everything. But they'll have the advantage of a team fired up to beat their old boss and a home support desperate to get one over on him.

We're a club in major transition and that's a double edged sword. We could come out all guns blazing, full of new confidence. After all, most managers enjoy a honeymoon period where players are playing for places or enjoying a new lease of life. But equally we may put out half a side of unfamiliar faces who will take time to get used to each other or even English football, and Bolton away is a pretty tough introduction to English football.

And lastly, both teams are probably going to line up 4-5-1 so I can see it being a dour affair.

Hopefully we'll go down there and run riot, of course.

Forget what's on the official site. I'm talking about backroom staff on the playing side not the bloody ticket office!

Haha sorry my bad, its been a long day  :buck2:

Those thinking that things should be moving faster should remember that "Rome wasn't built in a day". Anyone who expects Allardyce to have in place the set up he had at Bolton at Newcastle by the start of the season is in for a disappointment. It took years at Bolton.

It took years at Bolton.

That was because he was learning as we going on, he knows the setup he wants & needs. I am not expecting it to happen in weeks but by this time next year we should expect to have the personnel in place off the field.

Those thinking that things should be moving faster should remember that "Rome wasn't built in a day". Anyone who expects Allardyce to have in place the set up he had at Bolton at Newcastle by the start of the season is in for a disappointment. It took years at Bolton.

but he has a better starting point,better resources and better pulling power now.

not expecting top 4 but top 6 should be an achievable target

My tenner was going on 2-1 with Owen and Viduka being on the scoreheet but I just realised that Viduka probably won't even be playing which messes up the balance of the team a bit. Still think we'll win though , if Gudjohnssen arrives my tenner's still good, if Ameobi's next to Owen it's worth a calculated flutter.

That was because he was learning as we going on, he knows the setup he wants & needs. I am not expecting it to happen in weeks but by this time next year we should expect to have the personnel in place off the field.

but he has a better starting point,better resources and better pulling power now.

not expecting top 4 but top 6 should be an achievable target

Yes, I agree it will happen a lot quicker than it took at Bolton because of the reasons you both mention but it will still take a while. New surroundings, new staff, new equipment, new ideas, new players, new board, etc. It will all take time to gel.