Bullard making good recovery

NSG

Fulham midfielder Jimmy Bullard says his comeback from serious knee ligament damage is going according to plan.

The 28-year-old has not played since he was injured when playing against Newcastle in September 2006.

He underwent surgery in December and has been training through the summer in a bid to regain fitness.

Bullard told Fulham's website: "Even though my training regime is different from the rest of the lads I can see light at the end of the tunnel now."

Bullard was able to join his Fulham team-mates when they returned to pre-season training on Monday.

I don't want to set a specific date for my return but hopefully it won't be too long into the season

"I've been working hard all summer and it's great to see the lads back in for pre-season training," added the former Wigan player.

"It has been a frustrating period for me personally but being back out there running is a major step in my rehabilitation and the first day of proper pre-season training has gone really well.

"Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm kicking a ball around again.

"As I've said before, I don't want to set a specific date for my return but hopefully it won't be too long into the season and I can't wait to get back out on the pitch and thank the fans for all their support in the best way possible - by putting in some good performances."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really related to NUFC but it was probably the worst injury that's happened while i've actually been at the match. Anyway, glad to see he's on the mend and hopefully playing football sooner rather than later. :thup:

Guest jamesmartinsmith

This incident showed Scott Parker's good qualities too. Poor old Parker was crying.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Pretty crazy cause when we played them i knew Jimmy was thier main threat so i wanted him to get injured...then he did! Pretty nasty too. Soz Jimmy.