Bort Mort.

Bort?? Aww man.

"We need more Bort licence plates in the gift shop..."

"Bort, Bort? Who calls their son Bort???"

"I'm Bort!"

"Are you talking to me?"

"No my son is named Bort also" etc... :lol:

Lets "abort" this line of comments!

Anyone know when "Wednesday morning" actually is?

Ask him to call his son Bort.

Bort Mort.

Bort?? Aww man.

"I'm Bort!"

"Are you talking to me?"

It usually follows Tueday night..

Bort Mort.

Bort?? Aww man.

"I'm Bort!"

"Are you talking to me?"

In the next 2 and a half hours I guess.

Bort Mort.

Bort?? Aww man.

"I'm Bort!"

"Are you talking to me?"

In the next 2 and a half hours I guess.

Aye!

i don't think it'll be interesting,he'll say that funding will be made available to the manager for team stregthening,everything is geared towards going forward,aiming for europe etc.

any new man in would say these things,doing it is worth a lot more.

Don't you think it's high time the man who's just taken over the football club we all support, or in this case his second in command, came out and told us what his plans are with his new acquisition? I for one am very curious about his level of commitment to bringing us success or otherwise, and find it rather strange that we, as fans, haven't demanded to be informed of this earlier, before Mr Ashley got hold of our club immeadiatly. We are after all his ´customers´ and in the middle of season ticket renewal..

THIS WILL BE VERY INTERESTING.

I am certain he will cover most, hopefully all, of:

(1) His Role.

(2) Shepherds Role.

(3) Ashley's Role.

(4) Ashley's 'general' aims and 'general' plans for the club (Premier League Champions / Winning Champions League  -  or whatever . . . ) Does he (Ashley) see us as being Englands most successful club, long term . . . or just 'competing' at the top with others.

(5) Some 'specific' short-term objectives (next season).

(6) Hopefully, some 'specific' (time-related) longer-term objectives.

(7) Re-development / extension of the ground (Shepherds £300M plans for Conference Centres, Hotels, etc).

8  De-listing the club from the LSE (when and WHY).

(9) That money (additional over NUFC earned-income) will be put in to facilitate player purchases - but NO specific figures will be given!!

All of the above, and more that I cannot bring directly to mind, are things that I have wanted to know about ever since the Ashley takeover was first mooted. I would find all this very (very) interesting (cannot understand why any of us would not!) and I think that for the FIRST TIME we will actually KNOW (not newspaper speculation) some stuff about our club's likely future, by tomorrow morning!!

I take it all back!!

I saw it as an opportunity to put a bit more 'flesh on the bones' by providing information to combat speculation.

That did not really happen - ah well - speculation continues!

He said jack-s*** basically, and what was with that sound! Had to turn the volume down for Chris Hope and up for Mort.

Cameraman thinks he's doiing adverts for Calvin Klein spec frames and psychological profiling with the hand tapping on the desk. :D

He talks with Sam every day  :smiley6600: near enough as ultimately he sanctions transfers, and seeing as he sanctioned Joey Barton I can't see too many stumbling blocks to Sam's plans. I'd say atm they have faith in Big Sam and couldn't help but wonder if Ashley only moved like a tank to take over the club as soon as Allardyce was named new manager.

i don't think it'll be interesting,he'll say that funding will be made available to the manager for team stregthening,everything is geared towards going forward,aiming for europe etc.

Don't you think it's high time the man who's just taken over the football club we all support, or in this case his second in command, came out and told us what his plans are with his new acquisition? I for one am very curious about his level of commitment to bringing us success or otherwise, and find it rather strange that we, as fans, haven't demanded to be informed of this earlier, before Mr Ashley got hold of our club immeadiatly. We are after all his ´customers´ and in the middle of season ticket renewal..

(1) His Role.

(2) Shepherds Role.

(3) Ashley's Role.

(4) Ashley's 'general' aims and 'general' plans for the club (Premier League Champions / Winning Champions League  -  or whatever . . . ) Does he (Ashley) see us as being Englands most successful club, long term . . . or just 'competing' at the top with others.

(7) Re-development / extension of the ground (Shepherds £300M plans for Conference Centres, Hotels, etc).

(9) That money (additional over NUFC earned-income) will be put in to facilitate player purchases - but NO specific figures will be given!!

All of the above, and more that I cannot bring directly to mind, are things that I have wanted to know about ever since the Ashley takeover was first mooted. I would find all this very (very) interesting (cannot understand why any of us would not!) and I think that for the FIRST TIME we will actually KNOW (not newspaper speculation) some stuff about our club's likely future, by tomorrow morning!!

I take it all back!!

I saw it as an opportunity to put a bit more 'flesh on the bones' by providing information to combat speculation.

A real missed opportunity then by the new people in charge to start building a liaison with their customer base.. In contrast to most people I remain a little sceptic about what their plans are. When the hedge funds came in last year everybody here was understandably worried, yet now a man we know next to nothing about is in charge everybody seems happy enough.. This was a chance for him (through Mort) to take away some of the anxiety and tell us what the plans are. I think we're entitled to know. Of course, most people do not seem to care as they will just presume Mr Ashley will want the very best for us. Somehow, I don't quite believe that a business man who's made a fortune of 2 billion pounds in retailing will see us as a charity, or even a distraction. Chances are his plans with us are not altogether that much different from what the hedge funds would have done, i.e. he's here to make money and the best way to do that in sports is by buying low, investing, (winning things) and selling high. I don't quite understand the difference in level of resistance, but maybe I'm just more cynical than most..

(1) His Role.

(2) Shepherds Role.

(3) Ashley's Role.

I take it all back!!

A real missed opportunity then by the new people in charge to start building a liaison with their customer base.. In contrast to most people I remain a little sceptic about what their plans are. When the hedge funds came in last year everybody here was understandably worried, yet now a man we know next to nothing about is in charge everybody seems happy enough.. This was a chance for him (through Mort) to take away some of the anxiety and tell us what the plans are. I think we're entitled to know. Of course, most people do not seem to care as they will just presume Mr Ashley will want the very best for us. Somehow, I don't quite believe that a business man who's made a fortune of 2 billion pounds in retailing will see us as a charity, or even a distraction. Chances are his plans with us are not altogether that much different from what the hedge funds would have done, i.e. he's here to make money and the best way to do that in sports is by buying low, investing, (winning things) and selling high. I don't quite understand the difference in level of resistance, but maybe I'm just more cynical than most..

think the insta-optimism about the lad ashley is he's paying cash for the shares and isn't having to mortgage the club in order to buy it

that plus the fact his businesses (to my limited knowledge) have all been successful and he's made 1.9bn out of them

don't really see where the downside is - he's not gonna take the club over with the intention of pissing away 130m+ is he?

Said he'll be going to away games. Would be class if he strolled down in his kit to Bolton singing Blaydon Races :D

Or topless standing on a wheelie bin....' alouette geordie alouette'

(1) His Role.

(2) Shepherds Role.

(3) Ashley's Role.

I take it all back!!

think the insta-optimism about the lad ashley is he's paying cash for the shares and isn't having to mortgage the club in order to buy it

that plus the fact his businesses (to my limited knowledge) have all been successful and he's made 1.9bn out of them

don't really see where the downside is - he's not gonna take the club over with the intention of pissing away 130m+ is he?

People were so sick of FFS they wanted rid no matter what. Fortunately Freddy didn't have the financial might to prevent this from happening. Assuming for a moment that after the honneymoon period our supporters will for some reason or another turn against the regime in charge, I can't see it being easy to get rid of them. In reality Ashley will not want to pi$$ away his 130 million, but neither will he not expect some return from his investment. The man has been a shareholder for Spurs IIRC, so he's not exactly driven by a love of our club or the region. He's in it for the money, and I for one would like to know what he has in mind for the future of the club.. I can't imagine any supporter wouldn't..

It's not rocket science..

SUCCESSFUL CLUB = MONEY MAKING MACHINE

Agree the above, obviously, but there must be more to it (more "ambitions / desires") to motivate him to buy us, than money.

Put simply, if he wanted to just (continue to) make money  -  would he have invested in a football club??

Agree the above, obviously, but there must be more to it (more "ambitions / desires") to motivate him to buy us, than money.

Put simply, if he wanted to just (continue to) make money  -  would he have invested in a football club??

It's not rocket science...

SPORTS MERCHANDISING BUSINESS + FOOTBALL CLUB = BIGGER MARKET

Yes, publicity, etc . . .  it all makes sense and adds up to a need to be SUCCESSFUL.

The point of this thread is, though, an opportunity was missed to provide a bit more (non-contentious) information.

(PS, I am a Rocket Scientist . . .  )

Yes, publicity, etc . . .  it all makes sense and adds up to a need to be SUCCESSFUL.

The point of this thread is, though, an opportunity was missed to provide a bit more (non-contentious) information.

(PS, I am a Rocket Scientist . . .  )

Information is power...power leads to fear...fear leads to the dark side. :cheesy: