Wayne Bridge

thedudeabides

Regardless of whether this is true or not i reckon big Sam will have a fair amount of player pulling power certainly eclipsing that of Roeder and debatably over many of our main “rivals” in recruiting players. So a fair few surprises may crop up down the line Wayne Bridge would be a hell of a buy like shits all over most left backs including Cole this season

Guest Mixon

I wouldn't argue with the one who wrote that Bridge is the best left-back in the world. I can't think of anyone better than him, actually. He's definately top 5 in the world, that's for sure.

Bridge shits all over Cole nowadays tbh.

Would be an absolutely brilliant signing.

Hmmmmm...

If Cole gets back to his form of a year or 2 ago, there's not a LB in the League who gets near him imo.

Bridge is good, Cole (generally) is better.

Guest Mixon

With Geremi and Bridge in the fullback positions our team already looks twice as good

Word, tbh.

Guest 22bnw

With Geremi and Bridge in the fullback positions our team already looks twice as good

Word, tbh.

Word?

Guest Mixon

Word, tbh.

Word?

I put my word on that with Bridge and Geremi in the fullback positions our team would already look twice as good.

That's my defination of "word", in this case.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Who said Bridge had pace? Lacks agility imo. Will get done by class wingers but luckily for us there aren't many in the prem.

Wayne Bridge is fast for a white guy.

;D

Hmmmmm...

If Cole gets back to his form of a year or 2 ago, there's not a LB in the League who gets near him imo.

Wouldn't disagree.

But last season, for me, there was no question that Bridge performed better when he was in the team, than Cole. If we can sustain Bridge's form in a good side with consistent football, we'll have hit the jackpot.

Hmmmmm...

Wouldn't disagree.

But last season, for me, there was no question that Bridge performed better when he was in the team, than Cole. If we can sustain Bridge's form in a good side with consistent football, we'll have hit the jackpot.

If we manage to sign the bloke and keep him fit, there's no reason to suggest Bridge can't have an excellent season at LB for us. He's never had a decent run of games for a few years now and I honestly think he'd jump at the chance of starting 40+ games next season for us.  :)

Bring the bloke in and make him first choice. 

Guest jamesmartinsmith

There hasn't even been a lot of Paper talk.

We're all getting excited by what some kid on a forum said ...

Cole at chelsea has had his natural attacking game stifled some what and has looked a touch dodgy at times in his newly enforced defencive mode, bridge is far more suited in this role and as such has looked far more composed and to be honest much the better player. I reckon he would certinaly fit Sams defencive fullback ideas but nouts concrete prising him away is gunna take summit and all.

Bridge would be a massive signing for us.

It speaks volumes that Chelsea fans want him in the side ahead of Cole these days. To get him here would be a real coup.

I don't see Mourinho letting him go though.

Guest Coin

In the words of Football Manager 2007 :

Wayne Bridge plays best as a left back

Wayne Bridge can also be employed in a secondary role as a left midfielder

Wayne Bridge is twice the player our best left back Celeste Babayaro is

Wayne Bridge is currently playing close to his full potential

You should sign Wayne Bridge whatever the cost

Bridge would be a fantastic signing, but getting Chelsea to actually accept our bid could be difficult. Murinho rates Bridge very highly and will definately not want to sell him. Having said that I seem to recall him not wanting to let Duff go either last season and some of his quotes around the time indicated that it was not his decision. Also if the player does want to come here that could act in our favour. Still can't see us getting him, but it would be an amazing bit of business if we could.

Agree, Guiness - will be difficult to prise him away from Chelsea but would be a great signing, even at 8m ;

LB is our No 1 problem position now, and we cannot have Babayaro there next season ; opposition managers would target him as a weakness in every game.

I suspect that if we get Bridge it will be because Mourinhno suspects his long-term fitness will not hold up,

but his signing would give Sam time to work on Edgar...

Guest teepee

i also don't think the self-chosen one will sell bridge - he did very very well whenever he was in the team last year.

that aside, i cannot think of anohter left back i'd rather have, and who might also come here tbh

We may have an offer on the table but only if Jose tells him he's not going to get a game can I see him considering to move here - & we'd face loads of competition to get him.

I'd happily take either Bridge or Baines or both!

We may have an offer on the table but only if Jose tells him he's not going to get a game can I see him considering to move here - & we'd face loads of competition to get him.

I'd happily take either Bridge or Baines or both!

I think we would see off any competition. It all depends on whether the Russians want rid, or not?

Guest maznislav

In the words of Football Manager 2007 :

Wayne Bridge plays best as a left back

Wayne Bridge can also be employed in a secondary role as a left midfielder

Wayne Bridge is twice the player our best left back Celeste Babayaro is

Wayne Bridge is currently playing close to his full potential

You should sign Wayne Bridge whatever the cost

Well, actually I don't think it is a good idea to scout for players in the Football Manager :). Basically it is just a game and the players there have the abilities that the developers wanted to have. In the very same game Craig Moore is a very classy defender, which I don't think is true.

Word, tbh.

Word?

I put my word on that with Bridge and Geremi in the fullback positions our team would already look twice as good.

That's my defination of "word", in this case.

Clocks

Of course, in this instance by 'Clocks' I mean I think Wayne Bridge is great and would bring a lot of good qualities to our side.

That's what I mean by 'Clocks' in this instance

Guest Steven_MB

why all the comparisons to Cole, of course Cole is better why else would all his managers choose him over Bridge, \doesn't stop bridge being great, just because he's not  the best, we finished in the bottom half, we can't expect starting international players, unless from a second rate country (czech republic).