Torres passes Liverpool medical

Kev

Guest samtoonarmy

Theres no way that Torres is worth £20m. He only scored 14 goals last season. Forlan scored more than that and hes worth not even half of that, probably £6m - maybe less. 

Theres no way that Torres is worth £20m. He only scored 14 goals last season. Forlan scored more than that and hes worth not even half of that, probably £6m - maybe less. 

rooney got 14 last season as well, whats he worth?

Guest Rafa

a player is worth what a team believes him to be worth ;) Strikers are more expensive at the best of times.

Guest gggg

rooney got 14 last season as well, whats he worth?

Tevez got 7. I suppose he's worth £1m then.  :lol:

I think it's safe to say Bellamy is off, ahhh shame ;)

But Bellamy is one of the greatest forwards to ever play the game.

Well thats what you think reading here sometimes anyway!

Guest Rafa

Don't diss the goatee, it's ace, forget Torres, the Beni Beard is the most talked about Liverpool topic of the summer    O0

Guest eltsacwen

http://www.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/75028132.jpg

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6126/brentgf6.jpg

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9760/brentbl7.jpg

Most overrated player on the planet.

He's done nothing to justify such a price tag, yet all the people who play on FM and Pro Evo absolutely laud over him.

My feelings, too, but we'll have to wait and see how he does playing in a better side. We certainly haven't had much luck with Spanish strikers called Fernando.

Still, it's a good sign of intent, and if he doesn't work out, I'm sure we'll be able to sell him back to a Spanish side at a small loss.

Most overrated player on the planet.

He's done nothing to justify such a price tag, yet all the people who play on FM and Pro Evo absolutely laud over him.

What a load of sh*te. Seen him plenty and he's quality.

Torres after his first 174 games in La Liga = 75 goals.

Shearer after his first 179 games in top-flight = 70 goals.

Eto'o after his first 169 games in La Liga = 57 goals.

And that's in an average side where he's single-handedly carried them for 5-years. Great buy for Liverpool.

Torres is a class player!Its hard to know how he will do in the pl.prob take him a while to adjust but im sure he will start banging them in!cant be much worse than that money hungry cunt bellamy!!!

My feelings, too, but we'll have to wait and see how he does playing in a better side. We certainly haven't had much luck with Spanish strikers called Fernando.

Still, it's a good sign of intent, and if he doesn't work out, I'm sure we'll be able to sell him back to a Spanish side at a small loss.

Not sure about that, he's rated far higher outside of Spain by people who don't see him week in week out and follow the media hype and highlights. In Spain noone has come near him because of his pricetag and he's largely considered 'decent, nowt special'.

If he doesn't make the grade and you choose to resell him, I think you'll have to be prepared to make quite a loss. I've been speaking to my Spanish friends and they find it pretty funny the fee that Liverpool paid, but you have to remember that there's a bit of a backlash to his media hype. When a player is overhyped by the media, people then tend to underrate him. Look at Beckham, Raul etc over the years, the media overhyped them and then after a few poor games people said they were sh*te. Torres was brilliant for an 18-year old, touted as the next big thing, but hasn't developed much since. Now he's 23 he can't hide behind his age any more and I don't think he's moved on much at all in those 5 years. People said he was scoring well in a second tier team, but it's nothing Kanoute, Forlan, Tristan etc haven't achieved over the years and he's never performed for the Spanish national team. Whether he'll kick on with Liverpool remains to be seen, he'll give them a little bit of flair and finishing which they've been lacking up front but how he'll adapt is another matter. He winds up defenders a lot which could work for or against him over here.

Guest king harry

Not sure about that, he's rated far higher outside of Spain by people who don't see him week in week out and follow the media hype and highlights. In Spain noone has come near him because of his pricetag and he's largely considered 'decent, nowt special'.

If he doesn't make the grade and you choose to resell him, I think you'll have to be prepared to make quite a loss. I've been speaking to my Spanish friends and they find it pretty funny the fee that Liverpool paid, but you have to remember that there's a bit of a backlash to his media hype. When a player is overhyped by the media, people then tend to underrate him. Look at Beckham, Raul etc over the years, the media overhyped them and then after a few poor games people said they were sh*te. Torres was brilliant for an 18-year old, touted as the next big thing, but hasn't developed much since. Now he's 23 he can't hide behind his age any more and I don't think he's moved on much at all in those 5 years. People said he was scoring well in a second tier team, but it's nothing Kanoute, Forlan, Tristan etc haven't achieved over the years and he's never performed for the Spanish national team. Whether he'll kick on with Liverpool remains to be seen, he'll give them a little bit of flair and finishing which they've been lacking up front but how he'll adapt is another matter. He winds up defenders a lot which could work for or against him over here.

one goal every 3 games isnt bad for the spanish national team