Gudjohnsen and Edmilson deals still on

NSG

Guest Alfie Romeo

Eidur Gudjohnsen and his father and agent, Arnor Gudjohnsen, will enter talks about moving to Newcastle tomorrow.  Deal has been struck between Barca and Newcastle.  A 3-year-deal is expected to be offered to Gudjohnsen.

Really? How do you know this?

I work in the Icelandic media.  This has not been made official but talks will begin tomorrow.

Eidur Gudjohnsen and his father and agent, Arnor Gudjohnsen, will enter talks about moving to Newcastle tomorrow.  Deal has been struck between Barca and Newcastle.  A 3-year-deal is expected to be offered to Gudjohnsen.

Really? How do you know this?

Source?

Please.

Excellent news if we can keep Owen and Oba as well. If we can't, at least we're prepared and won't be left with too few strikers at the start of the season or having to buy somebody under pressure and at an inflated price..

Guest sicko2ndbest

We at N-Online are a sceptical/cynical bunch.

I hope to fuck you are telling the truth.

What exactly are they reporting, and who have you heard this off?

Excellent news if we can keep Owen and Oba as well. If we can't, at least we're prepared and won't be left with too few strikers at the start of the season or having to buy somebody under pressure and at an inflated price..

There's no way to keep everyone happy unless we hope for injuries

Don't think Shola expects to start. I wouldn't if I was him.

The only way I see it working is if we aren't actually signing him to play as a striker.

5 strikers, 4 of them big names, is too much unless we plan to play 3 up front. But then what about the wingers?

The only way around it is to make Gudjohnsen a dedicated AM in a 3-man central midfield, who can cover up front if needed. I actually think this could be his best position, because he's not a natural scorer but his creative skills are very underrated. Mourinho noticed this and brought him into that position on a regular basis. He's still like by Chelsea fans and I don't think the decision to sell him was a popular one. He had some brilliant games in the AM role under Mourinho, ran the show sometimes with his deft touches and clever balls. He's very composed on the ball and likes to drop deep.

That's the only way it would make sense for me and in that position I think he'd be a brilliant signing.

Works the other way aswell. Why the hell should we want to pay for him whilst he is injured. He is Barca's problem at the moment. There are plenty of other players that can do a similar job so we arent desperate for him.

Id hope we play hard ball, waiting until January is the smart thing to do. Like most clubs are doing with Owen. Doesnt mean we can strike a gentlemans agreement with the player, then if he is back to his best come January we can get him.

If we wait and he comes back in superb condition then they will double or treble the asking price. That's the problem. A gentleman's agreement with the player won't be worth anything, because if he comes back fine and they want to keep him, he's hardly going to beg for a move to Newcastle.

Big Sam obviously has faith he'll come back OK, or seems prepared to take that gamble, in the hope that we secure a good fit player for a bargain fee. But to do that we have to stump up the money now. If we wait until January we could turn our noses up at a crocked player or we could see his price shoot out of our reach.

It's now or never IMO.

Not really, the lad only has 12 months left on his contract so come January when we want to sign him he'll have 6 months to go, even if Barca refuse to sell him we can still sign a pre-contract with him to play for us the following season.

If he decides to stay at Barca come January then good luck to him.

Not really, the lad only has 12 months left on his contract so come January when we want to sign him he'll have 6 months to go, even if Barca refuse to sell him we can still sign a pre-contract with him to play for us the following season.

If he decides to stay at Barca come January then good luck to him.

Fair point, forgot about his contract situation. I really do hope we forget all about him until January, it would be very desperate to agree terms now.

Guest Rey Mysterio

The only way I see it working is if we aren't actually signing him to play as a striker.

5 strikers, 4 of them big names, is too much unless we plan to play 3 up front. But then what about the wingers?

Big Sam used a 4-3-3 formation at Bolton so it wouldn't surprise me to see Martins and Owen playing off Viduka with Gudjohnsen in a Kevin Nolan / attacking midfield role.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we got Gudjohnson then we would set up perfectly away from home.

Def play 4-3-3 with Gudjohnson, viduka and owen. This would massively relieve the defence with their ability to hold the ball up.

If we got Gudjohnson then we would set up perfectly away from home.

Def play 4-3-3 with Gudjohnson, viduka and owen. This would massively relieve the defence with their ability to hold the ball up.

Reckon 4-4-2 with Gudjohnsen playing behind Martins would be a great setup away from home, particularly if Martins' positioning and movement improves, as with that kind of pace teams would shit a brick at pushing up on us whilst theyd struggle to pick Gudjohnsen up in that hole. A different version of the Beardo Cole partnership almost.

But we wont sign Gudjohnsen it seems, and Allardyce will most likely always stick with his 4-3-3, so its just a pipedream.

We probably shouldn't put a whole lot of stock in what ITK stuff a guy with 2 posts says. :lol:

Just to confirm, he is definitely from Iceland.

Interesting.

I'd fuckin love it if he was telling the truth though, love it.

Don't think Shola expects to start. I wouldn't if I was him.

Shola expects to be playing in the World Cup ... and therein lies the problem

Like Shak says wouldnt really be trusting someone that just registered. You never know i guess.

But you need a bit of crazy mans hope to make the days pass!

Gudjohnsen would filling a missing piece between midfield and attack. Seems content at Barca for the moment.

Is there a real name in his e-mail address that he signed up with so you could maybe Google it and see if it links to any articles? :lol:

Good shout.

His email address is indeed registered to an Icelandic newspaper.

Cracking stuff. Seems genuine then.

Can't find anything that suggests it's actually peasepud, so that's a start. :thup:

Peasepud leaves no clues...

Only what he wants you to see.