Rod Fanni

Martin Lol

Apologies if it's been posted before.

http://gb.setanta.com/portal/article/football::england?open&articleid=c5814b581bb04d838025730e0040b1df

Nice defender Rod Fanni claims Newcastle, Everton and West Ham are interested in bringing him to England.

Fanni is keen to move on from Nice, having helped guide the club to Ligue 1 safety last term, and is ready to try his luck in England.

The 25-year-old says his agent has yet to field a firm offer, but is hopeful of finding a new club this summer.

"A host of clubs are interested in me," Fanni exclusively told setanta.com. "They have approached my agent but haven't made any offer for the moment.

"Three English clubs contacted my representative. I can tell you their names: Newcastle, Everton and West Ham.

"There is nothing concrete, for the moment."

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has made no secret of his desire to boost his defensive options and he has already raided the French market to bring in David Rozehnal from Paris Saint Germain.

Everton have yet to show their hand in the transfer market, while West Ham may step up a gear following confirmation they will not be relegated over the Carlos Tevez affair, and the trio may be set to fight it out to sign Fanni.

Guest gggg

Does our defensive scouting network not stretch further than the French league's relegation battle last season?

surprised no ones mentioned brian pinas.

Pinas and Fanni will work brilliantly togther imo..

Pinas would slip easily in with Fanni at the back like