Craziest Thing You've Seen At A Football Park/Match.

The Bonk

Don't remember ever seeing a streaker, let alone one covered in their own shite. Don't remember owt wierd like that really. Just funny stuff that happened on the pitch. Hands down the most bizzare moment I've ever seen - City 1, Charlton 4, about 2001, Richard Dunne clears the ball from inside our half, but it hits Claus Jensen, and flies 40 yards back towards our goal, over Weaver's head, and in. Absolutely fucking surreal. I've not seen a replay of it in years but I can remember the feeling I had watching like it was yesterday. Just...something like that happening to us in the middle of a relegation battle, it was so unlikely, it was like we were supposed to go down and their was nowt we could do to stop it. Never mind Maradona's left hand, felt like God had come down from the great big Kippax in the sky, tackled Dunne, and whacked it in the top corner himself. Don't think I've ever felt so low watching a game.  :weep:

Don't remember ever seeing a streaker, let alone one covered in their own s****. Don't remember owt wierd like that really. Just funny stuff that happened on the pitch. Hands down the most bizzare moment I've ever seen - City 1, Charlton 4, about 2001, Richard Dunne clears the ball from inside our half, but it hits Claus Jensen, and flies 40 yards back towards our goal, over Weaver's head, and in. Absolutely f****** surreal. I've not seen a replay of it in years but I can remember the feeling I had watching like it was yesterday. Just...something like that happening to us in the middle of a relegation battle, it was so unlikely, it was like we were supposed to go down and their was nowt we could do to stop it. Never mind Maradona's left hand, felt like God had come down from the great big Kippax in the sky, tackled Dunne, and whacked it in the top corner himself. Don't think I've ever felt so low watching a game.  :weep:

Can remember that! think Jensen got a brace that day..

Just looked it up in the deepest darkest corners of the BBC site. Johansson 2, Stuart 1(pen), Jensen; Huckerby 1(pen).

It was a massive game for us' date=' and a brilliant performance from the team - but I apologise for my goal[/quote']

Too fucking right, you jammy fucking cunt. :huff:

Just looked it up in the deepest darkest corners of the BBC site. Johansson 2, Stuart 1(pen), Jensen; Huckerby 1(pen).

It was a massive game for us' date=' and a brilliant performance from the team - but I apologise for my goal[/quote']

Too f****** right, you jammy f****** c***. :huff:

Thought he got a brace, can remember them playing in that black kit, i can also remember Spurs beating you that season aswell 1-0 i think with Rebrov scoring.

Funniest thing I've ever seen just so happens to be the best goal I've ever seen 'live'...

Seaham Red Star were playing some no-marks and the Seaham striker was having a shite day - he could barely kick in a straight line... Anyway, it was about half way through the second half, and the bloke was getting more wound up by the minute. He missed a 1-on-1 with the keeper and was running back to the centre circle - swearing as he went. The keeper then miskicked it back into play and it bounced off the back of the striker's head. He just went apeshit while the ball dropped behind him, and I swear he didn't even look, he swung his foot at the ball as hard as he could and it fucking flew into the top corner from about 30 yards out. The bloke was so angry that it could have gone anywhere, he didn't have a clue where it was going.

The best goal I've ever seen. God's honest truth.  blueyes.gif

Thought he got a brace, can remember them playing in that black kit, i can also remember Spurs beating you that season aswell 1-0 i think with Rebrov scoring.

They played in Red that day. They beat us again in black a couple of years later tho, Shaun Bartlett 1-0.

Remember that Rebrov game too. Injury time fucking winner. We should have won it too, and I don't mean by default just cos Spurs fielded Andy fucking Booth, but we had a perfectly good goal disallowed for non existant foul. Robbed.

Full back catalogue of City defeats that left me fuming available on request. There's quite a few from that season. My god we were wank. Definetly deserved to go down, however we definetly didn't need to conceed flukes to prove it.  :weep:

Funniest thing I've ever seen just so happens to be the best goal I've ever seen 'live'...

Seaham Red Star were playing some no-marks and the Seaham striker was having a s**** day - he could barely kick in a straight line... Anyway, it was about half way through the second half, and the bloke was getting more wound up by the minute. He missed a 1-on-1 with the keeper and was running back to the centre circle - swearing as he went. The keeper then miskicked it back into play and it bounced off the back of the striker's head. He just went apeshit while the ball dropped behind him, and I swear he didn't even look, he swung his foot at the ball as hard as he could and it f****** flew into the top corner from about 30 yards out. The bloke was so angry that it could have gone anywhere, he didn't have a clue where it was going.

Was it the goal when the ball was on the corner of the box and he overhead kicked it into the opposite corner and the goalie just stood still? probably a different goal i saw.

They played in Red that day. They beat us again in black a couple of years later tho, Shaun Bartlett 1-0.

Remember that Rebrov game too. Injury time f****** winner. We should have won it too, and I don't mean by default just cos Spurs fielded Andy f****** Booth, but we had a perfectly good goal disallowed for non existant foul. Robbed.

Full back catalogue of City defeats that left me fuming available on request. There's quite a few from that season. My god we were w***. Definetly deserved to go down, however we definetly didn't need to conceed flukes to prove it.  :weep:

What about when you beat us 1-0 on the afternoon, battered us, Huckerby scored and Dyer missed an open goal.

Seaham Red Star were playing some no-marks and the Seaham striker was having a s**** day - he could barely kick in a straight line... Anyway, it was about half way through the second half, and the bloke was getting more wound up by the minute. He missed a 1-on-1 with the keeper and was running back to the centre circle - swearing as he went. The keeper then miskicked it back into play and it bounced off the back of the striker's head. He just went apeshit while the ball dropped behind him, and I swear he didn't even look, he swung his foot at the ball as hard as he could and it f****** flew into the top corner from about 30 yards out. The bloke was so angry that it could have gone anywhere, he didn't have a clue where it was going.

Was it the goal when the ball was on the corner of the box and he overhead kicked it into the opposite corner and the goalie just stood still? probably a different goal i saw.

Nope. The striker just volleyed it as hard as he could as it dropped, out of sheer frustration and it happened to arrow into the top corner from about 30 yards. No skill - just sheer luck tbh.  :rolleyes:

Nope. The striker just volleyed it as hard as he could as it dropped, out of sheer frustration and it happened to arrow into the top corner from about 30 yards. No skill - just sheer luck tbh.  :rolleyes:

I think most long range goals are tbh, when people watch players like Lampard or whoever hit them from 25-30 yards and it flys in the top corner, it's more clever play than skill, it's almost impossible to hit the ball that accurate so they play the percentages as their body shape won't be perfect.

Remember that Rebrov game too. Injury time f****** winner. We should have won it too, and I don't mean by default just cos Spurs fielded Andy f****** Booth, but we had a perfectly good goal disallowed for non existant foul. Robbed.

Full back catalogue of City defeats that left me fuming available on request. There's quite a few from that season. My god we were w***. Definetly deserved to go down, however we definetly didn't need to conceed flukes to prove it.  :weep:

What about when you beat us 1-0 on the afternoon, battered us, Huckerby scored and Dyer missed an open goal.

I was going to mention that Dyer miss, as well as Stuart Pearce missing a penalty when the goalie had already told him which way he was going to dive, in my first post. But niether were anywhere near as surreal as the Jensen thing. However Ali Dyer's effort was probably the worst miss I can remember, absolutely wide open goal, under absolutely no pressure....But it wasn't so much crazy as it was hilarious :laugh:

I was going to mention that Dyer miss, as well as Stuart Pearce missing a penalty when the goalie had already told him which way he was going to dive, in my first post. But niether were anywhere near as surreal as the Jensen thing. However Ali Dyer's effort was probably the worst miss I can remember, absolutely wide open goal, under absolutely no pressure....But it wasn't so much crazy as it was hilarious :laugh:

Only other recent game at Maine Road i can remember is when Shearer scored in a 1-0 win, Owen's hat-trick for Liverpool is pretty clear, everyone was writing him off then he produced that.

one of the strangest things i heard about was from sheff wed mate of mine a few years back

says there were a load of pigeons on the pitch in a home match and they were basically getting in the way of everyone at the kop end...got so frustrating for the players that during a break in play danny maddix went accross and tried to shoo them away, the little bastards never moved so he went to stamp on one to move it and it stood still; he crushed it to death on the pitch!!

Don't remember ever seeing a streaker, let alone one covered in their own s****. Don't remember owt wierd like that really. Just funny stuff that happened on the pitch. Hands down the most bizzare moment I've ever seen - City 1, Charlton 4, about 2001, Richard Dunne clears the ball from inside our half, but it hits Claus Jensen, and flies 40 yards back towards our goal, over Weaver's head, and in. Absolutely f****** surreal. I've not seen a replay of it in years but I can remember the feeling I had watching like it was yesterday. Just...something like that happening to us in the middle of a relegation battle, it was so unlikely, it was like we were supposed to go down and their was nowt we could do to stop it. Never mind Maradona's left hand, felt like God had come down from the great big Kippax in the sky, tackled Dunne, and whacked it in the top corner himself. Don't think I've ever felt so low watching a game.  :weep:

It's a strange site seeing a naked man in public, let alone a football match.  Then the bloke is so drunk he can't control his bowel's?  Fucking hell.

Guest Jinky James

The streaker at the Northumberland Plate meeting last Saturday was hilarious, he emerged from the back of the beer tent in the paddock wearing nowt but a trilby and legged it along side of the track, proceded to try a cartwheel and lande smack on his arse. Coppers nabbed him but didn,t chase him they just sauntered over to him as he getting dressed. A big crowd were shout at the coppers not to nick him and they said they wouldn,t they were to just hoy him out. Bastards waited till they git him oytside and arrested him , took him to Etal Lane cop shop and locked him up for 4 hours and released him with a £80 fine. How do I know all this? Well he was my youngest son and we were on my oldest lads stag doo. Always thaught that it was the stag who got naked!!! Still laughig about it yet. ( by the way we all chipped in to pay his fine)

Guest soyt

An Owl stopped a game for several minutes between Belgium and Finland a month or so ago.

It was gettin a bit angy, and no one could not do anything about it - s*** scared of it.

Huge "Owl, Owl" rant from the crowd. Nice moment.

http://www.hs.fi/kuvat/iso_webkuva/1135227822602.jpeg

Dennis Wise throwing a snowball at a Tromsø-player that just had tackled him, only to realise the guy he threw it at (think it was Morten Kræmer) was nearly twice his size. Looked like he was gonna s*** himself. Quite a few years ago, Chelsea lost 3-2, and Ruud Gullit was quite furious after.

Not really at the "streaker shitting his legs"-level, but still..

Guest Gemmill

One I wish I'd saw was something I saw on the SMB once.  Sunderland had a freekick against Man United, and Roy Keane is standing in front of the Sunderland players gathered round the ball, stopping them taking it, and making his mouth go to the ref.  Anyway the ref sends him away, at which point one of the mackem players lobs the ball at Keane's head.  It bounces back in a perfect arc and into the same lad's hands.  Keane spins round thinking someone's clipped him, ready to kick off, and the mackems all do the whistling-nonchalantly-looking-anywhere-but-at-Keane innocent thing.  Keane, looking confused, turns around and walks off again, only for the mackem to do EXACTLY the same thing. :lol: Can't remember but I think that Keane lost it this time. :lol:  Quality though, taking the piss out of psycho boy like that.

Had to go to a Sunderland match as a forfeit when I had a bet with one of my mates (a Mackem) that we'd win the 2000-1 home derby. Obviously it was the 2-1, Shearer missed pen et al.

Was a League Cup match with Man Utd, Yorke lashes out at somebody getting sent-off, and the Man U fans start chanting "Same old Geordies, always cheating". Not realising the irony of the fact no-one in the else in the country knows they're called Mackems and don't have a national identity, the Mackems laughed at them thinking that it was the Man Utd fans that they were the stupid ones in all this. The Mancs replied with "Who are ya? Who are ya?, which brought my only smile of the whole night.

Guest the_guv_nor

That weird bloke that ran onto the pitch at st james' near the end of the season, with a stick in one hand and a blanket in the other... what was that all about??

Has to be the best thing that Dyer has ever done since he joined............literally kicking bowyer the scum outta newcastle!!!!

Has to be the best thing Bowyer has ever done, giving that cocky cunt a few fists in the face. Hero tbh.

The streaker at the Northumberland Plate meeting last Saturday was hilarious, he emerged from the back of the beer tent in the paddock wearing nowt but a trilby and legged it along side of the track, proceded to try a cartwheel and lande smack on his arse. Coppers nabbed him but didn,t chase him they just sauntered over to him as he getting dressed. A big crowd were shout at the coppers not to nick him and they said they wouldn,t they were to just hoy him out. Bastards waited till they git him oytside and arrested him , took him to Etal Lane cop shop and locked him up for 4 hours and released him with a £80 fine. How do I know all this? Well he was my youngest son and we were on my oldest lads stag doo. Always thaught that it was the stag who got naked!!! Still laughig about it yet. ( by the way we all chipped in to pay his fine)

My mate's is this weekend, hopefully the only one sans pants is the stripper! 

Guest WalkervilleMag

Temuri Ketsbaia kicking the shit out of the advertising board after scoring  lol