Queudrue?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can't believe people are moaning about this.

Fans getting upset at the possibility of signing a gash player? Whatever next?

He is not "gash". He is decent. Who do you expect us to sign as backup left back then? Some peoples expectations on here are unbelievably f****** unrealistic. You sort of people will be the same people booing the team of the pitch on the last home game of the season if we only finish 7th.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to sign two top class leftbacks and even people like myself who aren't pro Queudrue wouldn't be upset to see us sign him as backup.  But at this stage we don't have a first choice to play there ahead of him.  Until we do it would seem that if we are intent on signing him it would be for a starting berth and he's simply not good enough for that.

Hmm, I wouldn't make my intention to sign a backup player dependent of signing a first choice player before. If the backup player you want is available then sign him. Otherwise you might end up with scenario like last season where you don't get a player at all - neither first choice nor backup.

True I wouldn't want us to miss out on a back up player on a good deal just because we didn't have the first choice already signed.  But it's no surprise that people are disapointed in seeing a move like this either.  If we signed him tomorrow I would be disapointed but that would change is we also signed Bridge, at which time I would be thinking that we had a quality left back and suitable backup.

I know where you are coming from, but I honestly just can't think of Quedrue as being a first choice option under any circumstances. This might be wishful thinking though.

Guest David Kelly

I can't believe people are moaning about this.

Fans getting upset at the possibility of signing a gash player? Whatever next?

He is not "gash". He is decent. Who do you expect us to sign as backup left back then? Some peoples expectations on here are unbelievably f****** unrealistic. You sort of people will be the same people booing the team of the pitch on the last home game of the season if we only finish 7th.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to sign two top class leftbacks and even people like myself who aren't pro Queudrue wouldn't be upset to see us sign him as backup.  But at this stage we don't have a first choice to play there ahead of him.  Until we do it would seem that if we are intent on signing him it would be for a starting berth and he's simply not good enough for that.

Hmm, I wouldn't make my intention to sign a backup player dependent of signing a first choice player before. If the backup player you want is available then sign him. Otherwise you might end up with scenario like last season where you don't get a player at all - neither first choice nor backup.

True I wouldn't want us to miss out on a back up player on a good deal just because we didn't have the first choice already signed.  But it's no surprise that people are disapointed in seeing a move like this either.  If we signed him tomorrow I would be disapointed but that would change is we also signed Bridge, at which time I would be thinking that we had a quality left back and suitable backup.

I know where you are coming from, but I honestly just can't think of Quedrue as being a first choice option under any circumstances. This might be wishful thinking though.

Let's hope so.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Queudrue is awful, but I reckon some people think that whatever Allardyce touches will turn to gold because they have their head to far up his chocolate starfish. Bad signing, bad player - no thanks.

We could do much, much better than Queudrue.

If Geremi and Queudrue are the best full backs Allardyce can come up with then I'll be f****** annoyed.

He's not at Bolton now ffs.

This is actually what p*sses me off as well when people say that Allardyce shouldn't spend money just because he's got it. Queudrue & Geremi would have been passable at best had we not had new owners, now it's clear that we've got money so can afford better quality, then we should do it. If this means Allardyce has to change his original targets then so be it.

Think it gives us the chance to put that pressure on now Mort has come out and said he will be backed.

Quite plausible he was working on a tight budget whilst the takeover was going on. Im happy to work on the cheap to get the squad solid.

But now we know the money is there, we should be buying quality to line that aswell. Im sure we will.

Guest firetotheworks

If Geremi and Queudrue are the best full backs Allardyce can come up with then I'll be f****** annoyed.

This is actually what p*sses me off as well when people say that Allardyce shouldn't spend money just because he's got it. Queudrue & Geremi would have been passable at best had we not had new owners, now it's clear that we've got money so can afford better quality, then we should do it. If this means Allardyce has to change his original targets then so be it.

Agreed, I think we're perhaps guilty of getting carried away with what Allardyce will be able to do in his first season. Im really pleased with the Geremi signing. I think he's easily good enough for us. I thought Quedrue was really good at Boro, havent seen anything to suggest he's been good at Fulham though. Theres a case for saying that Allardyce can bring the best out in him, which is fair enough because he was good at Boro, but I think we definately need someone better. Bridge is my first choice, if not then Baines.

Is Newcastle really in a position to do it? How do you attract those top class players if you have nothing except big wages you can offer them? We already got into the current mess by offering the likes of Dyer, Babayaro, Carr, Butt, Luque et al wages no other club will match. So we are stuck with them. Unbalancing the wage structure even more would be unhealthy imho. I like to see better players at Newcastle myself, but I don't kid myself into it that Newcastle can all out of a sudden have a squad off 22 world stars...

to be honest, Queudreu shagged Mark Schwartzer's missus, so I give him credit for that

he's better than Ramage, Carr, Baba, Huntington, Edgar, Taylor etc at LB so i'd be happy to have him as back-up

Guest exilim

to be honest, Queudreu shagged Mark Schwartzer's missus, so I give him credit for that

he's better than Ramage, Carr, Baba, Huntington, Edgar, Taylor etc at LB so i'd be happy to have him as back-up

I don't think he will be a backup if we get him. Like ohmelads said, we are not big enough to buy players at the age of 28 as a backup.

I don't think he will be a backup if we get him. Like ohmelads said, we are not big enough to buy players at the age of 28 as a backup.

He would be a useful squad-member / back-up type of purchase. Quite a useful one.

The 'not big enough' comment is somewhat confusing.  Times have moved on and many things have 'fundamentally' changed at SJP, since the end of last season. I know it is difficult, sometimes, to adjust your thinking to the new-realism, but we are in a different world now to where we were only a few short months ago.

Players of this calibre are (and will be from now on, though not necessarily this particular individual) "ideal" back-up standard.

Try telling that to players like Queudreu though.

If Sam can convince him to come here and play second fiddle all season with a few runouts in the Carling Cup, without offering im obscene wages to do so, I'll be mighty impressed.

Is Newcastle really in a position to do it? How do you attract those top class players if you have nothing except big wages you can offer them? We already got into the current mess by offering the likes of Dyer, Babayaro, Carr, Butt, Luque et al wages no other club will match. So we are stuck with them. Unbalancing the wage structure even more would be unhealthy imho. I like to see better players at Newcastle myself, but I don't kid myself into it that Newcastle can all out of a sudden have a squad off 22 world stars...

I think we are, yes.

Put it this way, I bet Man City sign better players than what we do this summer.

In an ideal world no to this signing. He is better than what we got BUT is this what we should be looking for. If its a choice between him, Baba, Carr or Ramage at left back then Quadrue would be my choice. But I think there are better options out there than him to be honest. I would rather spend a few more pounds on Shorey or Baines than picking Quadrue as a cheap option.

I'd say Geremi is on around the same wage as all those except Dyer tbh.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

FRANCK Queudrue will have talks with Newcastle United on Monday as Sam Allardyce looks to finally fill the club’s problematic left-back spot. And another Frenchman, Rod Fanni, is in the frame to complete a revamped back four at St James’s Park.

Former Middlesbrough defender Queudrue moved closer to leaving Fulham when the Cottagers signed Paul Konchesky from West Ham United yesterday.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=by-stuart-rayner%26method=full%26objectid=19453438%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest SwissMagpie

Fanni as a role player its good,but not as first choice.Queudre -cant understand it! he is shite.it seems that we really dont have money