Queudrue?

Guest sicko2ndbest

probably missed those games through suspensions.

good player when he's not going mental though, better than Carr.

Would take him, and look to upgrade when(if) we get a higher finish next year.

Hasn't been sent off in the last 2 seasons I don't think, been booked 17 times like!

Well Carr was very good at Spurs but dipped, we got him on the cheap at 28 and he never recovered that form. He was a fallback option after we were priced out of a move for Miguel.

Queudreu was very good at Boro but dipped, we're after him on the cheap at 28. We've failed to lure Heinze and it seems we won't pay the going rate for Baines/Shorey. Queudrue, like Carr, looks like the cheap fallback option.

Personally I'd rather go for Baines. He's just finished his season on a high, impressed at the U21s, he could grow with the team and be our left back for the next ten years. For an extra few million, that sounds much more "sensible" to me.

No one expects you to compile detailed scouting reports. They'd just like you to have suggestions for realistic alternatives, rather than just constant pooh-poohing of anyone we're linked with.

Why? Some of the best left backs this league has seen, I hadn't heard of or knew little about before they came. Is it too much to ask that our club find one of these? We'll never unearth a top player with this kind of attitudes, that a 28 year old cheap left back becomes available from a club much smaller than ourselves, so we buy him to fill a slot because he's a proven average Premiership player who will 'do a job'. This is how we ended up with Steven Carr.

Since the Premierships inception, we've never found a good full back who grew with the club. The closest we came was Bernard but he didn't make it, and that was under a manager who, for all his flaws, saw the potential value in taking chances on certain players and letting them grow with the team.

I'm not even convinced Queudreu and Young are better than Babayaro and Carr, just a lot less injury prone. I won't suggest a realistic alternative, I expect my club with its massive resources to find one, or try at the very least. Other clubs manage it.

I think there's far too much blind faith in Big Sam at the moment, and I can see the bubble bursting after the transfer window slams shut. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't share all the excitement in the moves we're making. I think calling these moves "sensible" depends on who we are and where we're going - if the objective is club profits then they are very sensible indeed.

SAY WHAT?!!!

No one expects you to compile detailed scouting reports. They'd just like you to have suggestions for realistic alternatives, rather than just constant pooh-poohing of anyone we're linked with.

Why? Some of the best left backs this league has seen, I hadn't heard of or knew little about before they came. Is it too much to ask that our club find one of these? We'll never unearth a top player with this kind of attitudes, that a 28 year old cheap left back becomes available from a club much smaller than ourselves, so we buy him to fill a slot because he's a proven average Premiership player who will 'do a job'. This is how we ended up with Steven Carr.

Since the Premierships inception, we've never found a good full back who grew with the club. The closest we came was Bernard but he didn't make it, and that was under a manager who, for all his flaws, saw the potential value in taking chances on certain players and letting them grow with the team.

I'm not even convinced Queudreu and Young are better than Babayaro and Carr, just a lot less injury prone. I won't suggest a realistic alternative, I expect my club with its massive resources to find one, or try at the very least. Other clubs manage it.

I think there's far too much blind faith in Big Sam at the moment, and I can see the bubble bursting after the transfer window slams shut. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't share all the excitement in the moves we're making. I think calling these moves "sensible" depends on who we are and where we're going - if the objective is club profits then they are very sensible indeed.

SAY WHAT?!!!

He's right you know. Carr and Babayaro had better pedigree when they came here than Quedrue and Young as far as I am concerned. Both Quedrue and Young were ok a couple of seasons ago, yet their careers seem to have gone the wrong way recently. Much the same as our very own Carr and Babayaro. I can deal with having two of these players here as squad players, not four of them competing for first team football for two crucial positions in our team..

SAY WHAT?!!!

Yep.

When we signed Carr everyone pointed to his Spurs form, where he was once considered one of the best right backs in the league. Now everyone is pointing to Queudreu's Boro form.

Young, well he was never that good, so I'd compare him with Babayaro.

The only difference is that these two don't get injured so often. They're lower mid-table players at the moment just like Baba and Carr. Neither particularly stood out in two terrible defences in the league last season, defences which each conceded 60 (!!) league goals, more than anyone else in the league including Watford.

Guest Ridzuan

The news about Queudrue today is very positive for me.I would like to have him here and I hope the deal will go through soon.

Guest Teazy

Lads and lasses reality check needed here. At this moment in time we DON'T have access to the millions until the club is officially delisted and Ash the Cash has the 100% ownership. At this stage in the march of the Geordie Empire we have not won enough big battles to attract the top players (YET!!). Bridge won't come here, Shorey is playing in a better team, where his family are happy,  Wigan chairman will not sell to NUFC and Heinze is way out of our league (at the moment). I think SA is doing things right, building a steady squad, good backroom, high tech training etc, etc.. Once we start winning some battles and people see we are going places, THEN we splash the cash for top recruits, slowly, slowly catchy monkey!! We are witnessing the birth of the Empire, stay with it and enjoy... Howay the Lads!!!

You think we can't attract Shorey and Wigan won't sell to us? Why won't Wigan sell Baines to us if we put in a decent offer? I'm sure the player would be up for the move. And I'm pretty sure we could attract Shorey too, thought I'd much rather we go for Baines even if it meant £6m.

Unless Sam does a major backflip, we won't be bidding for Baines.

Shorey is playing in a better team? Thats arguable, they performed much better than us last year, but I think as far as talent and quality goes, we have them covered.

SAY WHAT?!!!

Yep.

When we signed Carr everyone pointed to his Spurs form, where he was once considered one of the best right backs in the league. Now everyone is pointing to Queudreu's Boro form.

Young, well he was never that good, so I'd compare him with Babayaro.

The only difference is that these two don't get injured so often. They're lower mid-table players at the moment just like Baba and Carr. Neither particularly stood out in two terrible defences in the league last season, defences which each conceded 60 (!!) league goals, more than anyone else in the league including Watford.

Right now, at this moment in time. Quedrue and Young are miles better than Babayaro and Carr. Period.

Guest Teazy

Wigan chairman has fallen out with Ash the Cash, Shorey wont leave Reading for us at the moment. Games aren't won on paper, results do all the talking. Thats why I reckon we need to start putting in performances and results before we can be taken seriously again. Then and only then will the top players start considering us again. Quedrue is a decent signing for this phase of the rebuilding.

Wigan chairman has fallen out with Ash the Cash, Shorey wont leave Reading for us at the moment. Games aren't won on paper, results do all the talking. Thats why I reckon we need to start putting in performances and results before we can be taken seriously again. Then and only then will the top players start considering us again. Quedrue is a decent signing for this phase of the rebuilding.

SAY WHAT?!!!

Guest Teazy

What makes you think he would? At the moment he is at a better team (believe me it pains me to say that), in his own back yard, with an excellent manager, in the England squad.. why should he take a gamble on us, because at the moment we are a gamble.

Agree with some others though, I wouldn't call Young much of an improvement on Carr actually.

Don't be silly.

The thing about Carr is he isn't actually bad, but his fitness is shocking as he has apparently let himself go and he is also not committed to the cause at all it seems. He just seemed to be going through the motions recently.

Young however is quite the opposite. Yes, he might be about the same level as Carr, but his fitness is really good and he is very committed and is a solid pro. Therefore he is a much better option.

Looks like we are signing Fanni for this position though so not sure if this matters anyway!

SAY WHAT?!!!

I agree.

Also I can't see the problem with Quedrue. We need a LB, he has premiership experience and he is not baba.

We've failed to lure Heinze

have i missed something today?

Brief summary:

* Allardyce is signing "Bolton style" players who arent good enough.

* He has missed out on all the good players in the world as we haven't signed a superstar yet.

* Ashley wants us to fail and wont be giving Sam any money.

* The season starts today in about 5 mins.

Thats probably about it, well throw in a fanny/Fanni joke and you are up with current events.

Or, alternatively:

* Allardyce is doing excellent in the transfer window so far. None of these signings could have or would have materialised under our previous managers and chairman

* Our squad just needs a bit of finetuning and we'll be right back where we belong. There's plenty of time left to get in what we need and there's no reason for concern when players that we've never heard of until a month ago turn us down

* Ashley is God and although we don't know his motives there is no reason for concern as he only wants the best for Newcastle United football club. The facts that he is a businessman in it for the money, he previously owned part of Tottenham Hotspur and has no real feel for the club and region and has not come out once to tell us what he wants with the club are minor details that we won't let ruin the party atmosphere. Anybody questionning this line of reasoning is a moron

* Players like Quedrue and Young are exactly what we need right now. The fact that they will hopefully be surplus to requirements and are on the way down careerwise are irrelevant. Rome wasn´t built in a day, so why would we expect better than midtable team players. It´s not like this will keep us from getting back in Europe, is it. Sam can take a turd and turn it into a gold nugget, so no worries..

Thats probably about it, well throw in a fanny/Fanni joke and you are up with current events.