Milner signs new four-year deal

Guest hindu times

Interview up on World, as broad an accent as me. :laugh:

Interesting that both him and Owen, when asked about the changes in management and board, specifically say things have taken a turn for the better.

His attributes to play there.

When did he last play there over a period of games? Duff has the attributes to be one of the best left wingers in the premiership yet he was one of the worst last season.

I would say Milner has the place to lose at the moment. If Geremi comes in and does better knocking Milner onto the bench I will be more than happy but at the moment I would say Milner is the best right winger we have as we can't really judge Geremi yet.

I find the "Milner is the best right winger we have as we can't judge Gememi yet" a cop out tbh.

From watching Geremi last season at full back it was clear to see he was still as good going down the right at he was at Boro, different position I know but being a fullback for Chelsea meant he spent more time going forward than defending, I agree though that Milner deserves to keep his place to start with out of loyalty but that doesn't have any reflection on him being the better player.

As far as ability goes, Geremi is...

*Quicker

*Stronger

*A better crosser of the ball

*Better corner taker

*Better freekick taker

*Better movement in the box

*More direct

*Better defensively

*Better in the air

I'd say Milner has a few tricks to beat a man where as Geremi is more direct, feel free to pull me up on any of the above you don't agree with. :)

As said mate, if he comes in and proves himself to be a better winger than Milner I will be very happy because I think Milner is a good player but want the best for Newcastle.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Hard to believe he's only 21... Been around for so long... Great news he's signed a new deal :D

That list of "Geremi is better at....".....

Let me guess.....you've watched him play every game he's ever played for his clubs/country/in his back garden......or you take too much notice of Fm2007.......or you just giessed those things......

I'm going off what I've seen of him which is mainly off games played on Sky, unless of course you're suggesting I have to watch every minute someone has ever played to be able to form an opinion of them.

Feel free to point out any you think is wrong btw.

Good stuff - one of our better players last season - not saying much. But Milner came through for us, deserves a new contract... even if he won't make the starting XI, come August...

He defintely deserved a new contract after last season, i cant see a regular first team start for him atm with lots of good players in the squad.

Milner is excellent in the air.

Shearer and Ferdinand were excellent in the air mate.

Milner is someone who can jump high to get on the end of a ball but that's about it.

That doesnt mean Geremi is better in the air than Milner, which is what you were saying.

to be quite frank I cant beleive we even considered selling him at all.

We dont have that many young players coming through the youth system and we would have had to replace him with someone much more expensive.

Another management fookup and not looking at the long term....somethign we were really good at in the recent past :(