The Asian Cup

Newcastle Fan

Guest Ridzuan

Stop criticising Viduka.I think he was Australia's best player throughout the match,with Cahil as well.The others were absolutely shocking.I dont know if the heat and humidity here is the reason for their awful performance so far but nevertheless,I dont think that should be use as an excuse for their loss.I believe Australia will come back strong in their last group match against Thailand and they will qualify for the next round.

Stop criticising Viduka.I think he was Australia's best player throughout the match,with Cahil as well.The others were absolutely shocking.I dont know if the heat and humidity here is the reason for their awful performance so far but nevertheless,I dont think that should be use as an excuse for their loss.I believe Australia will come back strong in their last group match against Thailand and they will qualify for the next round.

We can hope but Thailand look the best in the group........

Anyone else think its stupid that the way they separate teams is Head to Head??

They only play each other once, and in the Australia group, if Australia beat Thailand and Oman beat Iraq its going to finish:

Australia beats Thailand

Thailand beats Oman

Iraq beats Australia

Oman beats Iraq

Guest Ridzuan

They only play each other once, and in the Australia group, if Australia beat Thailand and Oman beat Iraq its going to finish:

Australia beats Thailand

Thailand beats Oman

Iraq beats Australia

Oman beats Iraq

As much as I agree with you,I think if they play each other twice,then players like Viduka will play for us at a later date after the Premiership has started.So,I think its a win-win situation.

Australia beats Thailand

Thailand beats Oman

Iraq beats Australia

Oman beats Iraq

I agree, stupid AFC rules

So based on that who goes through?  ???

Viduka today was fairly average, but i have to say his header for the goal was fantastic, if we can provide him with that kind of cross's and service next season he might hit 15 or 20+ goals..

But honestly, the whole Australia team was shocking, they didn't do anything to deserve even a point from this game..they looked poor, slow and lacking fitness, Iraq outclassed them the whole 90 mins.

It was nothing.  :coolsmiley:

Indonesia played ok against the Saudis...Unlucky they couldn't hold on for the draw...Was a good game to watch...

Guest ryunufc

the ref was okay

really? was that all about the yellow card? and was that all about that stupid whistle all the time against indonesia.... f*** f*** f***...

you have to look at the initial challenges, our players are small but they were not afraid to stick their legs between the tall saudians and tried to win every 50-50. it is expected that we tackled them hard each time they regain possesion and tried to keep the ball down at all time. sometimes you need yellow cards to make sure the game keeps going without ruining the passion but not dirty. i did not see a wrong decision that changed the flow of the game.

the ref was okay

really? was that all about the yellow card? and was that all about that stupid whistle all the time against indonesia.... f*** f*** f***...

you have to look at the initial challenges, our players are small but they were not afraid to stick their legs between the tall saudians and tried to win every 50-50. it is expected that we tackled them hard each time they regain possesion and tried to keep the ball down at all time. sometimes you need yellow cards to make sure the game keeps going without ruining the passion but not dirty. i did not see a wrong decision that changed the flow of the game.

really?? booking for first time challange? saudis foul on indonesia and indonesia get the foul? saudis dive he thought indonesian player dive? no wonder ivan kolev jump out the bench seeing that..... one sided judgement that ref is....

Well having just watched the game it's just been made official - Viduka is back in fat lazy b****** mode. He is absolutely embarrassing himself out there, and he's just shown that without proper motivation he can be diabolical. Sure he got a goal, as it was in the first minute after half time before he completely ran out of breath again.

Allardyce be warned. Get Viduka on the treadmill or get him on the bench.

Hilarious.

Given scraps all night and no real clear cut chances to even attempt a shot at goal and he is slated. He wins basically all the balls in the air and he is slated. Despite this being played in hot, humid conditions and playing with some sub standard players around him.

What was he suppose to do all night? Run up and down the wing? Put in a few crosses, which lead to goals?

He did what he could, he held the ball up and won the balls in the air. He scored a goal and this is playing in a side that was utter s*** all night. I dont think i would expect much more from any players.

Target men, especially if operating as a lone striker, have to work a lot harder than that in order to create goals and chances.  Think about Drogba, Van Nisteelrooy, and Kevin Davies from Bolton, those guys are/were target men, and they really had to put in all-action performances to lead the line, something Viduka wasn't doing.  There was almost no movement from anyone on the team, including Viduka.  Yeah, he's happy to stand around and win speculative long balls when they get near him, but that's not gonna cut it in this league, the pace is a lot faster.  I'd like to see him along side a pacier partner, and I think a Viduka - Owen/Martins partnership has promise, but he really shouldn't be played as a lone striker. 

And it was a pretty laid-back performance regardless.

He has been cutting in this league for a few seasons now.

I stand by Viduka, the whole team was shithouse and to single out Viduka for having a poor performance is hilarious. Put him in a team with the likes of Solano, Zog, Owen, Martins, Barton et al around him and he would be so much better.

Guest ryunufc

the ref was okay

really?? booking for first time challange? saudis foul on indonesia and indonesia get the foul? saudis dive he thought indonesian player dive? no wonder ivan kolev jump out the bench seeing that..... one sided judgement that ref is....

there were more than one occasions when our players appeared to be fouled, only the replay from different angle showed that we made late tackle first.

like i said earlier, it is the aggressive approach we tried to put in, we tried to win every 50-50. when you have the competitive firman,eka and syamsul in the middle, you would expect few rough challenges thus few yellow cards. the ref did the correct thing with the first yellow, he set the tone of the game which challenges he would allow and which he would not. from my point of view he was consistent and lenient from that point on. syamsul should have been booked much earlier with the shirt pulling, ball kicking and i see bambang as one of our players who was protected by the ref.

im not taking the ref side here, this is just my opinion that we received protection as much as the saudis which was i feel he was okay.