The Asian Cup

Newcastle Fan

An insider source says we are signing David Carney for 2 mill and Mark Milligan for 5 mill pounds :wink:

Korea needs to beat Indonesia...my sources tell me that we have signed an agreement to sign Cho Jae Jin with Martins heading the other way. This will be announced after the tournement.  You heard it hear first!

the ref was okay

really? was that all about the yellow card? and was that all about that stupid whistle all the time against indonesia.... f*** f*** f***...

you have to look at the initial challenges, our players are small but they were not afraid to stick their legs between the tall saudians and tried to win every 50-50. it is expected that we tackled them hard each time they regain possesion and tried to keep the ball down at all time. sometimes you need yellow cards to make sure the game keeps going without ruining the passion but not dirty. i did not see a wrong decision that changed the flow of the game.

really?? booking for first time challange? saudis foul on indonesia and indonesia get the foul? saudis dive he thought indonesian player dive? no wonder ivan kolev jump out the bench seeing that..... one sided judgement that ref is....

there were more than one occasions when our players appeared to be fouled, only the replay from different angle showed that we made late tackle first.

like i said earlier, it is the aggressive approach we tried to put in, we tried to win every 50-50. when you have the competitive firman,eka and syamsul in the middle, you would expect few rough challenges thus few yellow cards. the ref did the correct thing with the first yellow, he set the tone of the game which challenges he would allow and which he would not. from my point of view he was consistent and lenient from that point on. syamsul should have been booked much earlier with the shirt pulling, ball kicking and i see bambang as one of our players who was protected by the ref.

im not taking the ref side here, this is just my opinion that we received protection as much as the saudis which was i feel he was okay.

so  you told me that more than 70,000 Indonesian supporters which chanting & roaring  "Wasit Goblok" mean " Dumb-Ass Referee" all the time.... is blind?

would people who watch in the stadium have the better view than those who watch the replays from different angles?

which replay? emm i guess you watch another game replays??

ahhh ic... you just feel that you are the absolute correct ehh?

did you hear also... that PSSI before the game already... refuse that referee? i guess you are not hear that ehh?

Hard luck to Thailand...They were fantastic until our 2nd goal...I mean those guys know how to pass and get themselves out of tight corners...They were all over Australia in the 2nd half and the 2nd goal was against the run of play definitely and kicked the wind out of their sails...

I'm also happy that Iraq made to the QFs...It will be a tough game for Iraq against Vietnam and even tougher for the aussies against Japan...

Just got back home from the match. Fucking great performance from us. Battered them for a sustained period of about half an hour but just couldn't fucking score. We seem to be trying to play the Arsenal style of football and took like 4 or 5 shots throughout the whole game. Really entertaining stuff though. The home fans were brilliant and surprisingly there was quite a big Aussie section as well, was really cool to see.

Viduka didn't really perform well on the whole. For the first 60 minutes or so he lost the ball on numerous occasions, was too slow or non-reactive to the general attacking play of the Aussies and just seemed really unfit, then boom pops up with a clever hold-up play which leads to his first goal. His second goal was a really nice header as well. Can't really make a full judgment of him yet. When he did put the effort in, he was really good but the first 60 minutes still bothers me a lot. It seems this has been the case in all three group games as well, so hopefully he'll sort out this stuff soon enough.

Saddened that we lost when we really honestly dominated play and was by far the more entertaining and enterprising team. Best of luck to the Aussies though, they showed their quality in the end with all the counter-attacking play.

Why did it take you 4 hours to get back from the match?

I honestly enjoyed Thailand's peformence today, they player their hearts out but just could'nt score, credit to your side for having this do or die charachter, Best luck for you in future.

Post-match drinking session ;)

I agree, we've really developed and honestly the passing play at times was fun to watch, almost Arsenal-esque like I mentioned before. Cheers for the luck, good luck for Bahrain as well, but it seems your passage is quite secure - surely Korea will beat Indonesia and thus leaving you with needing only one point from the game against the Saudis.

I agree, we've really developed and honestly the passing play at times was fun to watch, almost Arsenal-esque like I mentioned before. Cheers for the luck, good luck for Bahrain as well, but it seems your passage is quite secure - surely Japan Korea will beat Indonesia.

I take that the drinking effect is still there ;)

Top of the group. :clap:  8)

Good job tbh, fantastic peformence by your side, i really enjoyed watching you lads play espically in that game vs the Aussies..

Thanks.

All the best against the Saudis........never liked those lot. :hmm:

We'd struggle to get a work permit for Milligan atm anyway, so there's no point in even attempting.

Viduka's first goal was a typical dukes goal. Perfect use of the body, and a pretty handy finish to cap it all off.

Thailand played their hearts out, and definitely deserved an equaliser before the Aussies ran away with it.

How good is Suri Sukur (sp?)? Everytime he got near the ball Thailand looked dangerous

Guest Ridzuan

We will get knocked out by Japan in the next match, mark it down.

Nah,Im sure we will go through the next round though it will be a tougher match than the one we had against Thailand.

I agree, we've really developed and honestly the passing play at times was fun to watch, almost Arsenal-esque like I mentioned before. Cheers for the luck, good luck for Bahrain as well, but it seems your passage is quite secure - surely Korea will beat Indonesia and thus leaving you with needing only one point from the game against the Saudis.

Surely you don't support your South East Asia fellow to be succeed... ehh mate??? or you support your fellow South East Asian to be friend with for not reaching the next stage.... hahahaha :lol:

Guest WalkervilleMag

Saudis winning 3-0...And our manager just went bananas..

http://blogging.la/archives/herbie.jpg