Raul top target for Toon - NotW.

Optimistic Nut

Guest Verlaine

It's ok. Oliver will no doubt rubbish this tomorrow and people can go back to being pleased with being linked with the likes of Queudrue again.

Didn't see much support for signing Queudrue, in all fairness.

Personally, I ythink Raul is past it, he hasn't had a decent season for a few years now..is out of the national side because of his bad form and seems to lack that cutting edge he used to have.

Deco on the other hand is truely the puppetmaster for Barcelona, he really does dictate the play for them and he is very good ball getter aswell, him and barton in the middle would be class!!

Guest Verlaine

if you say kluivert got a hard time, just think of Shola at the minute! everyone gets on his back every match, what good is it going to do?

raul and deco wouldnt come here in my eyes

Drive the c*** back down to his level with a bit of luck, forcing him out to be snapped up by Whitley Bay.

Quite pathetic.

In what way?

Do you need to ask? Is it the summer holidays ATM?

Yes I need to ask, and I did ask, but you didn't answer...

So Shola the 'c***' deserves all the grief he gets from simpletons and mongs, to be called a c***, forced out of the club and that Whitley Bay is his level of playing standard?

Shola has never done anything wrong apart from not meeting our high expectations. He doesn't piss whinge and moan, he cost nothing and wages are nothing special. He tries his hardest, loves the club and always puts it 1st before anything else shown by last season when he played through agony, and scored quite a few goals under GR's reign. Nevermind last season for the 1st time he was able to step out of Shearer's shadow only to get injured, the only real chance he's had to get a decent amount of games together, games help players develop, so does good coaches and a winning team, Shola has had none of that in recent years.

But of course, run the c*** out of town and send him packing to Whitley Bay.  :rolleyes:

Also as 4th strikers go, he's not a bad option, considering Viduka only has a solid one or two years at a push, and Owen wants to leave ASAP, then getting rid of Shola is the last thing we need to do, maybe when utter s****, and utter c***s such as Carr & Babayaro have left and we've got 2 players for every position we can look to offload, not until then.

I love the club and wouldn't piss and moan. Sign me up, put me in the team! f*** off :lol: He's got the touch of a rapist and is clearly a diabolical excuse for a footballer. All of the top 5 teams have better 4th choice strikers than Shola. Where do you want us to target in terms of league positions?

Some rapists are actually quite tender.

Guest Verlaine

Your name is CupOfT and you have spent 21 of your 25 posts arguing about how s**** Shola is. Doesn't take a genius to work out its you Thompers  :laugh:

Took you lot long enough. ;)

Guest Invicta_Toon

We should ban members signing up in July until September.

Why? You're one of the worst posters on the board. An 11 year old school child in the summer would make better reading than half of the s*** you post, like "OMGZZZ I'm so drunk i'm so gonna tell everyone on the forumz bout it".

Mega entertaining.

And you'd know of my previous post history because?

I'm now just wondering which previously banned member you are, Thompers?

:)

Well i'd quickly get as many posts in before Dave comes along.  :lol:

Where is Dave anyway?

I think it is Dave, he's finally flipped out

I woulden't wap Shola for Raul. I've always thought raul was overated and his scoring record of late in a very creative team is shocking.

Be interesting to see how Shola does this year. People are way too hard on him, its up to him to force his way into the team and i'm guessing he is 4th choice at the moment. He looked half decent under Roeder/Shearer in the latter end of 05/06 goodscoring record too. He has to prove himself now. 

We seriously have enough strikers now with Owen, Martins, Viduka, Shola and Carroll. Dyer arguably too (lets not go there).

Deco is a very good, very classy player. He's more suited to La Liga i would think than the Premiership though + i think its probably a load of NOTW crap.

If we want to spend big on someone then how about a LB a CB or a DM or AM not strikers or Wingers.

I woulden't wap Shola for Raul.

I don't think Raul is top class by any means, and think Shola gets a bit too much criticism from us as fans.

But that statement is just a shade ridiculous in all honesty.

Guest CupOfT

I woulden't wap Shola for Raul. I've always thought raul was overated and his scoring record of late in a very creative team is shocking.

Be interesting to see how Shola does this year. The same as every year. Total shit. People are way too hard on him, its up to him to force his way into the team [He's never done this, he only ever was really picked as a last resort] and i'm guessing he is 4th choice at the moment. He looked half decent under Roeder/Shearer in the latter end of 05/06 goodscoring record too. [Total fiction, never looked decent and a deceptive myth of a goal scoring record taken from a very very short span of games] He has to prove himself now.  [Oh really? Like we haven't heard that EVERY YEAR for about 6 years]

We seriously have enough strikers now with Owen, Martins, Viduka, Shola and Carroll. Dyer arguably too (lets not go there). [Erm quality not quantity?]

Deco is a very good, very classy player. He's more suited to La Liga i would think than the Premiership though + i think its probably a load of NOTW crap. [Defend Shola but dismiss one of the world's best midfielders as not suited to the premiership :lol:]

If we want to spend big on someone then how about a LB a CB or a DM or AM not strikers or Wingers. [so you'd rather we spent on a DM where Butt, Barton and Geremi can all play, but not on a Target Man where we have a man in his 30s and Shola to compete?]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deco

bluelaugh.gif

08 july 2007, english newschannel Sky Sports reported that Barcelona and Newcastle had reached an agreement with Newcastle paying the spanish club 23 millions £. The same source told that Deco allready had accepted a contract of four years and that only a medical remained before the player would be revealed for the The Toons. The deal has not yet been confirmed by either Newcastle or Barcelona officals, but it is likely that skysports has right in this matter. This will be a part of the new Newcastle team the new bos, Sam Allardyce is building.

This must be true then :crazy2:

Guest Dr. Pongle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deco

bluelaugh.gif

08 july 2007, english newschannel Sky Sports reported that Barcelona and Newcastle had reached an agreement with Newcastle paying the spanish club 23 millions £. The same source told that Deco allready had accepted a contract of four years and that only a medical remained before the player would be revealed for the The Toons. The deal has not yet been confirmed by either Newcastle or Barcelona officals, but it is likely that skysports has right in this matter. This will be a part of the new Newcastle team the new bos, Sam Allardyce is building.

This must be true then :crazy2:

Breaking news mate - going across the yellow ticker on the bottom of the screen. Excellent stuff.

Guest Dr. Pongle

I can't see anything about it on their web-sites. Has it been on the TV?

If it even is true of course, which I doubt.  ;)

Yup - just showed a clip of him meeting Kenneth Shepherd at Newcastle Aiport!!

i like the way anelka has commited his future to bolton.......maybe owen could do similar

£5 says that despite that, Owen will still be at Newcastle come September but Anelka won't be at Bolton.

Who's going to come in for Anelka now though? The top 4 have all bought their strikers, as have us, Spurs and West Ham. Only really leaves Everton (bit cash-strapped apparently), Villa, Man City or a foreign club.

i like the way anelka has commited his future to bolton.......maybe owen could do similar

£5 says that despite that, Owen will still be at Newcastle come September but Anelka won't be at Bolton.

Who's going to come in for Anelka now though? The big 4 have all bought their strikers, as have us, Spurs and West Ham. Only really leaves Everton (bit cash-strapped apparently), Villa, Man City or a foreign club.

Why?! Do clubs outside the Premiership not buy players anymore?

Guest hagler

5 pound it is then...just seen him on ssn pledging his future ..........the thing i meant was it would have been good for owen to pledge his too...vocally ..i do think owen will be here also come september

Why?! Do clubs outside the Premiership not buy players anymore?

Read it again.

I wasn't aware Lyon and Valencia were linked with him, haven't been following him this summer. I'd be surprised if he ends up at one of those two considering he hasn't set the world alight at Man City or Fenerbahce and has been decent but nothing amazing at Bolton either.