Heinze on the menu for toon!

Guest hindu times

Guest Dr. Pongle

Not a bad price for him like, Bridge would cost way more but if we have the cash to splash I would still prefer Baines!!

I'm pretty sure Alan Oliver would prefer Baines too - just in case we win a trophy and he can write an article saying it's great to have won a cup with an impressive tally of 5 Englishmen in the squad.

Guest niina

very unlikely as some say - but would be a great signing!

Couldn't agree more :)

Will be great if it's happen, but until it's happen...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=467279&in_page_id=1779

Manchester Evening News picked the story up aswell, but they arent any more reliable than the Sun to be fair.

We should go for Baines AS WELL as Heinze!

Baines still has much to learn, and Heinze is as comfortable in the Centre as out wide, although last seasons efforts were dodgy at best.

He said: "We would like to be hated - people hated Bolton for the way they played, and I would be happy with that. It has been successful the way they have been playing.

"I think one thing we need to bring up here is to make everyone hate coming to St James' Park.

"We need to make it a horrible place to come to now."

This bit worries me slightly! God the players we have I hope we don't play like bolton

He said: "We would like to be hated - people hated Bolton for the way they played, and I would be happy with that. It has been successful the way they have been playing.

"I think one thing we need to bring up here is to make everyone hate coming to St James' Park.

This bit worries me slightly! God the players we have I hope we don't play like bolton

Bontempi....sorry mate, and no offence at all to you personally....

But its getting on my bloody nerves how the slightest bit of "imperfect" news gets people "worried" or "slightly worried" that "we'll play like Bolton"!! For fuck's sake!! How many times have Bolton finished ahead of us since the SBR era ended? How much did Bolton spend in that time compared to us??

Also....sorry like...and this is my opinion....but if our team "plays like Bolton" next season, and you're even slightly worried...just shows you know fuck all about the game that is football!! First of all, Bolton were actually quite attractive to watch when on song. When off form, they at least managed to grind out results ANYWHERE HOME OR AWAY up and down the country!

I wish people would put to bed this myth that is "ooh...me knees are all wobbly...big sam said this so we might play like Bolton....oooh fuck me..."!!! Just have faith in the first manager we've had for eons who has the slightest clue! And at least wait until January before moaning!!

But its getting on my bloody nerves how the slightest bit of "imperfect" news gets people "worried" or "slightly worried" that "we'll play like Bolton"!! For f***'s sake!! How many times have Bolton finished ahead of us since the SBR era ended? How much did Bolton spend in that time compared to us??

Also....sorry like...and this is my opinion....but if our team "plays like Bolton" next season, and you're even slightly worried...just shows you know f*** all about the game that is football!! First of all, Bolton were actually quite attractive to watch when on song. When off form, they at least managed to grind out results ANYWHERE HOME OR AWAY up and down the country!

I wish people would put to bed this myth that is "ooh...me knees are all wobbly...big sam said this so we might play like Bolton....oooh f*** me..."!!! Just have faith in the first manager we've had for eons who has the slightest clue! And at least wait until January before moaning!!

Just you stick to your opinion and i'll stick to mine! See simple!

You don't have to write war and peace to try and convince me i may be wrong, we will have to wait and see like most things in life, but no i'm not panicking, just I know how I like my football!

But its getting on my bloody nerves how the slightest bit of "imperfect" news gets people "worried" or "slightly worried" that "we'll play like Bolton"!! For f***'s sake!! How many times have Bolton finished ahead of us since the SBR era ended? How much did Bolton spend in that time compared to us??

Also....sorry like...and this is my opinion....but if our team "plays like Bolton" next season, and you're even slightly worried...just shows you know f*** all about the game that is football!! First of all, Bolton were actually quite attractive to watch when on song. When off form, they at least managed to grind out results ANYWHERE HOME OR AWAY up and down the country!

I wish people would put to bed this myth that is "ooh...me knees are all wobbly...big sam said this so we might play like Bolton....oooh f*** me..."!!! Just have faith in the first manager we've had for eons who has the slightest clue! And at least wait until January before moaning!!

Just you stick to your opinion and i'll stick to mine! See simple!

You don't have to write war and peace to try and convince me i may be wrong, we will have to wait and see like most things in life, but no i'm not panicking, just I know how I like my football!

Again...really that post wasnt necessarily directed at you...but your post was just a trigger I suppose!

No one wants to see dull football...but the point I'm trying to make is that Bolton did NOT play dull football by default. Big Sam planned and executed what he felt was necessary to win the game on the day, according to the players at his disposal on said day. The "Bolton brand of football" imo is merely a myth conjured up by media/fans of bigger clubs who were simply jealous that a team of journeymen like Bolton sometimes gave their superstars a bloody good hiding!

Bolton are ugly to watch but so are Liverpool and Chelsea. If it's a routine game then I generally never go out of my way to watch any of those three teams play.

Still, there are a couple of positive ways to look at it. If, over Allardyce's reign, that football could get us into the Champions League with the riches and pulling power that brings, then the next person in charge will have a base to start building a team that plays brilliant football. Also, I don't think we're going to be quite as cynical as Bolton were, they had to play like that. If we are indeed targetting players like Deco then I think we will definitely see some guile and flair on the field. Steven Taylor is a centre half, so of course he's going to talk like that and so he should. St James' has never been an easy place to come, but we can make it even harder.

Getting back to Heinze, right now I feel like we need three more signings:

A LB (preferably two, but let's be realistic) and 2 CB's.

However, if we signed Heinze, we could get away with buying just one more CB and still avoid having Ramage as the 4th choice. Once two of Taylor/Rozehnal/Whoever gets injured Heinze comes across and Baba fills in at left back. Ramage would become the emergency 5th.

Of course an advantage of buying Heinze and one other, rather than buying three players, is that we can allow for signing a better and more expensive centre back rather than dividing that money between two more signings. It also makes it easier to rotate and keep the players happy.

Heinze has lost his way a little bit, but I'm not entirely convinced by the LBs that people are raving about like Baines and Shorey. I like the look of Baines, but he'd cost a fortune and still needs work. Heinze would be a gamble, but the season before last he was one of the best left backs in the world, loved by Man Utd fans. Only 12 months ago just about any team in the world would have had him. Because of the type of left back he is I think he could have another 5 years left in the game. At £4M we'd be getting ourselves a bargain IMO.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Geremi Taylor Rozehnal Heinze

Fuckin' hell, that'd be a great back 4.  I can see him going to Spain, though.

I'd rather have a recognised right back playing at right back.

I lost a little bit of respect for Heinze for his conduct after Argentina were booted out of the World Cup in 06, but that's in the past. He's exactly the kind of LB that we need at Newcastle, imo. He's experienced, has natural ability, and would have something to prove. If he leaves Manchester United, he will do so because he wants to play first team football and excel. If we can get him for £4-5M, I think we would be ideal at this point.

I have it on good authority that heinze was at newcastle airport today.

It comes from a bloke that organisies the talk ins, organises picking players up etc and knows the majority of people at the toon.

Get in

I'd say Heinze is perhaps more realistic than Bridge because the club is actually willing to listen to offers by the sounds of it and the player wants out. I haven't seen anything to suggest, this summer, that Bridge wants out or that Chelsea want to sell.

In order to get Heinze we'd be relying on the big European clubs snapping up other targets leaving his options limited. IF we did get someone like Deco in then it would severely strengthen our hand. A few have already got their men in place. The main worry would be Real Madrid, who look like missing out on Chivu (set for Inter apparently) and still need a replacement for Roberto Carlos.