Top stopper on way....

Guest DavB93

Seems we've been chasing this guy forever. It's taken a lot longer than any of the other deals to reach any sort of conclusion.

O-Nut is right though, I don't know Marseille's financial position, but they'll lose Beye for nothing in a year so £3M for a player about to turn 30 maybe doesn't look too bad in their eyes. And if you read the quotes he is basically saying it's up to the club, I'm here to stay if you want me. If he really wanted to stay with Marseille he would sign an extended deal, he's their captain after all.

Seems we've been chasing this guy forever. It's taken a lot longer than any of the other deals to reach any sort of conclusion.

O-Nut is right though, I don't know Marseille's financial position, but they'll lose Beye for nothing in a year so £3M for a player about to turn 30 maybe doesn't look too bad in their eyes. And if you read the quotes he is basically saying it's up to the club, I'm here to stay if you want me. If he really wanted to stay with Marseille he would sign an extended deal, he's their captain after all.

Rosenhal said something similar iirc.

Rosenhal said something similar iirc.

True.

When you're captain of a team you've played so long for, when people respect and admire you and you lead out your team every week in sunny france, you wouldn't be too desperate to leave either.

We've put in our offer so now its just up to Marseille really. The player is happy, like Rozenhal was but we'd be a new and exciting challenge in a new league, backed by a billionairre. I think he'd be happy either way.  :)

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

I have a feelin we'll get him too... He prob doesnt wanna upset the fans saying he wants to leave like!! It's up to the club now cash in now or lose him for nowt?!

Guest SwissMagpie

cant understand why you want Beye!.he is not more than avrege defender.we can buy a better players  than him

Guest Johan

We want fuckin anybody to come in that can do a job in defence. Never seen this Beye play but if Sam thinks he can do a job, lets get him in. Lets just get a couple of defenders in and see who is Boumsong and who is Woodgate (injury free hopefully). But I am getting just a bit nervous now, its time for another signing or two.

We want fuckin anybody to come in that can do a job in defence. Never seen this Beye play but if Sam thinks he can do a job, lets get him in. Lets just get a couple of defenders in and see who is Boumsong and who is Woodgate (injury free hopefully). But I am getting just a bit nervous now, its time for another signing or two.

paper today said beye doesnt want to come, he had an interview saying hes staying at Marseille with 1 year left on his contract

He kna's OM will have to sell him, so he's coming out with the "i want to stay" rubbish to try and keep the fans on his side.

If he really does want to stay, and wants to please the fans, he'll sign a new contract.

Guest SwissMagpie

cant understand why you want Beye!.he is not more than avrege defender.we can buy a better players  than him

So i guess you have seen him play many times?

yep,see Ligue 1 every week.seen OM around 10 times last year

Guest Johan

paper today said beye doesnt want to come, he had an interview saying hes staying at Marseille with 1 year left on his contract

As said earlier, so did Rozehnal or how you spell his name. Doesnt mean that much, we will either get him or we wont. Its not over yet though.